Confirmed with Link: Goalie Rob Zepp signed to a one-year, two-way contract (reported to be $600,000)

RJ8812*

Because he's probably alright for the AHL?

jesus. you guys complain about everything

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Wouldn't want a small sample size to affect judgement of the 4th goaltender. He's got decent enough numbers from Finland and Germany.

dookie88

Aug 18, 2008
Germany
Because he's probably alright for the AHL?

jesus. you guys complain about everything

I'm not complaining. I just don't want to accept the notion that Rob Zepp dominated. Berlin won those championships despite Zepp, not because of him.

Wouldn't want a small sample size to affect judgement of the 4th goaltender. He's got decent enough numbers from Finland and Germany.

Can't speak for his time in Finland, but his DEL stats are a product of playing for a powerhouse. He was a lower-echolon goalie in the DEL.

RJ8812*

I'm not complaining. I just don't want to accept the notion that Rob Zepp dominated. Berlin won those championships despite Zepp, not because of him.

I don't really think they care about if he won the league for his team

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I honestly couldn't care less if he's good or not & what he did in a Euro league. I'm just hoping he can be an adequate goalie in the AHL for us which doesn't sound too far fetched.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

Can't speak for his time in Finland, but his DEL stats are a product of playing for a powerhouse. He was a lower-echolon goalie in the DEL.

with two years of .931 save%. maybe inflated, but you're in no way "lower-echelon" with those numbers. at least within the league, doesn't mean he'll be a good AHL goaltender

Ryker

Oct 3, 2008
Triangle, NC, USA
with two years of .931 save%. maybe inflated, but you're in no way "lower-echelon" with those numbers. at least within the league, doesn't mean he'll be a good AHL goaltender
Yeah, I was about to say the same thing. I'm sure dookie88 has seen more of his games than I have (I can't remember a single one I've seen haha), but you don't just accidentally post those numbers in two seasons, in which the team finishes fourth and eighth (so clearly not dominating the league). Plus, he's been selected for the national team, and I know Germans have at least some other very decent goalies. That's no guarantee he's the best, but certainly there would have to be a huge bias in his favour if he wasn't at least among the top.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
The only way this signing hurts us is if he loses his mind and attacks our prospects... otherwise who cares about an AHL goalie...

RJ8812*

The only way this signing hurts us is if he loses his mind and attacks our prospects... otherwise who cares about an AHL goalie...

There are Flyers fans out there that have to complain about every move we make.

Remember how people where whining about Giroux's extension?

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
There are Flyers fans out there that have to complain about every move we make.

Remember how people where whining about Giroux's extension?

And then just 15 games into the season people were saying our team was screwed because it would be hard to dump his horrible contract.... I wish I had made a note of the specific people who were saying that we should trade him...

Melphiz

Oct 23, 2012
Berlin, Germany

That's bollocks. We wouldn't have won without him. Sure, he had also his bad days but I stopped counting all the glorious saves he made.
He's a sympathic and very focussed guy.
I'm really sad to see him gone but I'm happy he's with the Flyers now.
Take care of Rob, we will miss him but still wish him the best.

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
If I recall correctly from Briere and Giroux's time with Berlin, I think Zepp was a great character guy. Not a bad idea to have a guy like that in the room for the Phantoms. I'm more than fine with this move. I just wish there was more real goalie talent in the system.

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
The last time we had a 30 year-old Euro goalie with inflated stats, the guy got nominated for the Vezina :naughty:

At least Rob Zepp seems to be a very well liked person. It does not happen every day that a player leaves a team for an uncertain future overseas and still gets a farewell like that!

DrHamburg

Mar 12, 2009
New York
The scary part is if Mason goes down again.

Emery
Zepp
Stolarz

:help:

If it makes you feel better, with at least 21 games played, Emery was 36th in Save % even strength according to extraskater. So all the Flyers have to do is stay out of the penalty box.....:help:

RJ8812*

If it makes you feel better, with at least 21 games played, Emery was 36th in Save % even strength according to extraskater. So all the Flyers have to do is stay out of the penalty box.....:help:

not having Hartnell should help that

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad