Goalie Options for 2015-16 and beyond

CupWanted

Memories of better days
Mar 4, 2008
Sounds like Cam Talbot wouldn't be too expensive to acquire given the rangers cap crunch. Sounds like Bailey and the Isles 2nd would do it if we took Tanner Glass back as well. Talbot's numbers have been outstanding in a reduced role the past 2 seasons. I also don't doubt that he could be a starter after his string of games in a row while Lundquist was down this spring. I think he has top 5 goaltender potential.

McPhatty00

Apr 23, 2014
State College, PA
Eddie Lack?

What would the cost be? Looks like he's available. Van doesn't want to lose him to FA. I'd take him if the price is right. He's only 27. I'll take him over Niemi.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Lack: What would the cost be? Looks like he's available. Van doesn't want to lose him to FA. I'd take him if the price is right. He's only 27. I'll take him over Niemi.

Sure. He's fine. Pretty much just as fine as everyone else available. I'd give up our 4th for him, maybe even 2016 3rd. Anything more no thanks, I'd rather just sign a UFA that's probably just as fine.

McPhatty00

Apr 23, 2014
State College, PA
Sure. He's fine. Pretty much just as fine as everyone else available. I'd give up our 4th for him, maybe even 2016 3rd. Anything more no thanks, I'd rather just sign a UFA that's probably just as fine.

There are very few FA goalies that look any good. I would consider Neuvirth, but really not much else.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
There are very few FA goalies that look any good. I would consider Neuvirth, but really not much else.

Niemi, Neuvirth, Dubnyk, Hammond, and some might include Enroth (I wouldn't)

There's some others too, guys like Griese that's always been backups. And then there's a whole rich trade market.

When you compare the # of guys available to the # of teams that will be looking for a new starter (very few) you quickly see how we'll pretty much be able to get our pick of the litter. No reason to give up a significant asset.

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
What would the cost be? Looks like he's available. Van doesn't want to lose him to FA. I'd take him if the price is right. He's only 27. I'll take him over Niemi.

I wouldn't. Niemi's better and you don't have to give up anything to get him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad