Speculation: Goal & point predictions: 2013-14 Wild

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
I see a career year for Mikko and I see Heater being done. I say Granny will make it as well as Nino and Coyle.

Parise 31+51=82p
Koivu 30+70=100p
Pominville 21+43=64p
Heatley 11+19=30p
Granlund 19+44=65p
Niederreiter 17+23=41p
Coyle 22+31=53p
Cooke 11+21=32p
Brodziak 15+25=40p
Mitchell 11+18=29p
Zucker 13+13=26p

Suter 8+46=54p
Brodin 4+31=35p
Spurgeon 7+29=36p
Ballard 9+23=34p

I would cry if this happened because I took no Wild players besides Brodin in my draft (it's a rule of mine).

Beegoalie

Dec 21, 2011
Pominville Minnesota
I still think Granlund wins the 2nd line center position and Coyle ends up on his wing with Heatley on the other side.

Me too..Not sure why everyone is ready to hand Coyle that spot. Granlund has WAY better upside as being a top 6 playmaking center man. Coyle is much better off as a Power Forward Winger crashing bodies.

Beegoalie

Dec 21, 2011
Pominville Minnesota
Koivu 20-50=70
Parise 30-35=65
Coyle 20-25=55
Pominville 20-20=40 (I think he misses at least 20 games)
Heatley 20-20=40 (82 games)
Brodziak 15-15=30
Nino 15-15=30
Zucker 10-15=25 (I think he plays 50 games)
Cooke 10-15=25
Granlund 5-15=20 (I think he plays about half the year)

Suter 10-35=45
Brodin 10-30=40
Spurgeon 10-20=30

Why on earth do you make that prediction?? Pominville played 82 games 5 of the last 6 82 game NHL seasons missing a grand total of 9 games in the last 6 years prior to his injury with the Wild.

Seems like a ridiculous prediction based on nothing but a fluke injury with the Wild.

Beegoalie

Dec 21, 2011
Pominville Minnesota
Wow people sure do underestimate Pominville on this team..Qb'ing the PP and playing with Parise on his line I wouldn't be surprised one bit if he leads the team in scoring.

kegstandbyme

Apr 12, 2010
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Wow people sure do underestimate Pominville on this team..Qb'ing the PP and playing with Parise on his line I wouldn't be surprised one bit if he leads the team in scoring.

1170.gif

Finally, someone else gets it. :yo: :handclap:

Dampland

Mar 14, 2011
Gainfully Employed
Many of your predictions are fair, including Koivu. But I think your prediction of Parise, Pommy, and Brodin are off by a fair margin. I think Brodin could have twice those points, Parise an 80 point season, and Pommy a 60 point season.

I think the Western conference is tougher for small guys like Parise and Pomm to score like they did in the East. Also, I think Mikko is too slow to really play with Parise, who is a speed guy. (Quite honestly, I'd like to see a Parise-Coyle-Pomm/Zucker line, just for the speed)

I have felt all off-season, that Pomm will not play a full season, missing at least a dozen games. I know he's been durable in the past, but I believe the Minnesota injury curse will get him again this season.

Finally, I am simply blown away by everyone picking Brodin to score 30, 40, 50 points this season. :shakehead:amazed:

The kid has never shown that type of scoring history, so why after just one year in the NHL is he suddenly going to become Paul Coffey? If he plays like he did last season, and is solid on defense, I would be totally fine. Let Suter & Spurgie score, we need guys who play defense.

Last edited:

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
I think the Western conference is tougher for small guys like Parise and Pomm to score like they did in the East. Also, I think Mikko is too slow to really play with Parise, who is a speed guy. (Quite honestly, I'd like to see a Parise-Coyle-Pomm/Zucker line, just for the speed)

I have felt all off-season, that Pomm will not play a full season, missing at least a dozen games. I know he's been durable in the past, but I believe the Minnesota injury curse will get him again this season.

Finally, I am simply blown away by everyone picking Brodin to score 30, 40, 50 points this season. :shakehead:amazed:

The kid has never shown that type of scoring history, so why after just one year in the NHL is he suddenly going to become Paul Coffey? If he plays like he did last season, and is solid on defense, I would be totally fine. Let Suter & Spurgie score, we need guys who play defense.

Parise was on pace for a 30 goal season, Pominville had 9 pts in 10 games. Granted Pominville's is a smaller sample size,

Jarick

Doing Nothing
I think Poms will do well, just concerned about his health. He was barely in a Wild jersey before he got concussed. We've seen that it's open season against players' heads and no reason to think differently. He's going to get targeted quite a bit.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami

It's not very tough for a defenseman to score 30-35 points in this league. I think Brodin will hit around the 30 mark give or take a few, and they will mostly be assists.

Ladde

Apr 28, 2012
I have a gut feeling Pominville will be our top goal scorer this season.

Beegoalie

Dec 21, 2011
Pominville Minnesota
I think Poms will do well, just concerned about his health. He was barely in a Wild jersey before he got concussed. We've seen that it's open season against players' heads and no reason to think differently. He's going to get targeted quite a bit.

Once again this is a player that missed 9 games total in a span of 6 years before coming here. He played in 5 full 82 game seasons. When is the last time we've had a player do that? Have we ever had a player do that?

He is a very durable player and will do just fine.

*now knocking on wood to not jinx the whole operation lol

Billy Mays Here*

All I ask is for at least:

One 30+ goal scorer
One 70+ point getter
One .915+ Sv% goalie

Oh, and one fired Lapanta, Marney, Gorg, Greenlay, Yeo, and Kia Hamsters

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
All I ask is for at least:

One 30+ goal scorer
One 70+ point getter
One .915+ Sv% goalie

Oh, and one fired Lapanta, Marney, Gorg, Greenlay, Yeo, and Kia Hamsters

Hey, they already got a makeover. Let's see how they do for the rest of the season before we ask for them to be fired. They've done so much in the offseason that we can't be calling for their heads before we see their product on the ice.

Billy Mays Here*

Hey, they already got a makeover. Let's see how they do for the rest of the season before we ask for them to be fired. They've done so much in the offseason that we can't be calling for their heads before we see their product on the ice.

The only one I'm being lenient on is Pitbull because he was so good for a solid stretch of games last season.

Clutter and his air conditioning commercial can go to hell, not that it would be a problem this year anyway of course.

Casper

30 goal grinder
Mar 23, 2010
MN
That would be depressing, considering he's like... The 3th best goal-scorer on our team.

I see him scoring around 20-25 goals this year. Slightly higher than koivu. If we are talking points however, Pommer could very well be on top.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
I see him scoring around 20-25 goals this year. Slightly higher than koivu. If we are talking points however, Pommer could very well be on top.

Considering Koivu's been working on his shot, and supposedly taking on a more shoot-first mentality over the Summer, I wouldn't say it's far-fetched to expect 20-25 goals from Koivu too.

Also, it's pretty rare for a 1st line RW (Pominville) to outscore the 1st line Center (Koivu).

Billy Mays Here*

Also, it's pretty rare for a 1st line RW (Pominville) to outscore the 1st line Center (Koivu).

Not really. Plenty of 1st line wingers outscored their 1st line center this past season alone.

Kane
Vanek
Pacioretty
Stewart
St. Louis
Kessel
Ovi
Ladd, Wheeler, Kane
Hell, even Voracek darn near outscored Giroux

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Koivu has to be one of, if not the worst, top centers at scoring goals. It's the one thing he doesn't do. If we see 20 goals out of Koivu, count that as a bonus.

I think Parise can pop in 35, maybe 40 goals. He should have at least one season where he approaches his peak production even though he's on the down slide. Most players tend to have at least one really great year after 26 and then go back to regression.

If Pominville stays healthy, 30 should be a minimum. Like I said, just got a bad feeling about him. I know he's been durable, but we saw him for about a week before he got his bell rung. Bad first impression.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
Koivu has to be one of, if not the worst, top centers at scoring goals. It's the one thing he doesn't do. If we see 20 goals out of Koivu, count that as a bonus.

I think Parise can pop in 35, maybe 40 goals. He should have at least one season where he approaches his peak production even though he's on the down slide. Most players tend to have at least one really great year after 26 and then go back to regression.

If Pominville stays healthy, 30 should be a minimum. Like I said, just got a bad feeling about him. I know he's been durable, but we saw him for about a week before he got his bell rung. Bad first impression.

Not hard to get hurt when people are charging you with elbows to the face.

theButton

Oooohh! Ahhhhhh!!
Feb 18, 2013
That's why you have to have your head up. In theory, that's an illegal play. In practice, it seems to happen to the Wild frequently.

So...our enforcers aren't getting the job done? What's the solution?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad