Post-Game Talk: [GM8] Canucks lose to Rangers in OT | 3-4 (Miller, Myers, Soucy) | What Is This Feeling?

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam
Every team in the league has had players that embellish, and I'm pretty certain that referees dont think/care about players that were in the Canuck organization a decade ago.

I disagree that EP is a diver..He does fall down a lot, although there's a clear distinction between losing your balance and being tripped.

It was a clear infraction that the refs decided not to make because of game management.

EP is definitely not a diver. I recall seeing him try to wave off a penalty to the ref once. A true diver would never do that. He just doesn't have sturdy legs. Still looks like Bambi at times.

Reactions: Pastor Of Muppetz

LuckyDay

Mar 25, 2011
The Uncanny Valley
Little late to the party, but putting the whistle away late in OT was really bad timing here especially as the Rags had two 5 on 3's. But the 'Nucks managed to get the loser point in a game they were supposed to lose (on paper) and anyone watching it knows they should have won.

The game is confirming to me that DeSmith is turning out to be an excellent backup. He could be a #1 if he was capable of rebound control. This is what Demmer has over him. Canucks win if he had that? Playing him was correct after the game the night before. He's capable of some amazing saves and never gives up.

Last edited:
Reactions: AlainVigneaultsGum

Bougieman

Nov 12, 2008
Vancouver
Still thinking about this game even a couple days later. Sticks in my craw that the team played so good, and still didn't get the two points thanks to things beyond their control (god, I hate 'game management' by refs... CALL THE PENALTIES AS THEY HAPPEN, AND LET THE TEAMS DECIDE THE GAMES!) but at the same time, I don't feel mad, because of the way Vancouver played.

With the exception of the absolutely attrocious appearance against the Flyers that was deeply out of character and had me worried that this team wasn't really what it appeared to be, every game this season, even the losses, have been easy to take. When the team plays the right way, with the right kind of effort, you feel proud to be a fan, and a loss is just a loss, and not representative of everything else that has gone wrong and needs to be fixed.

That's such a nice feeling. I want more of it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad