Post-Game Talk: [GM78] Canucks defeat Blackhawks | 3-0 | Kuzmenko, Kravtsov, & Miller

God

Free Citizen
Apr 2, 2007
Vancouver
i've never stuck around after games to meet canuck players (because i don't know how) but when i was playing minor hockey, we played in the intermission of a canucks/blackhawks game and i got to meet greg hawgood.

and mattias ohlund, god that story would've been so funny if it was just greg hawgood.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
My first interaction with a player was Dave Babych. I was hanging over the players’ tunnel back in the Pacific Colisseum as the players came off from warmup. Babych was one of my Dad’s favourites, so I remember calling to him “Mr. Babych, you’re my Dad’s favourite! Would you please sign my ticket?” Or something to that effect. He laughed, reached up and happily obliged.

In a nice piece of symmetry, Babych was also the first pro hockey player my oldest met. He, Lumme and McLean came to Hazelton for a minor hockey tournament and we got to meet with and chat with them all.

Some other nice guys I met as a kid were Scott Walker and Geoff Courtnall. Both took the time to stop, sign a ticket stub (back when those were a thing, now they’re all on phones lol), and chat with a kid. Those stick with you.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
i've never stuck around after games to meet canuck players (because i don't know how) but when i was playing minor hockey, we played in the intermission of a canucks/blackhawks game and i got to meet greg hawgood.

and mattias ohlund, god that story would've been so funny if it was just greg hawgood.
I think God's life story was already made into a movie:

Reactions: God

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
Unintentionally? We had two college free agents playing, the veteran of whom was playing his 3rd NHL game.
And yet they both played better than Bear, Myers and our friend OEL has for the majority of the season.

We need to recognize this habit of overrating wins when there's nothing on the line for the team. You're destined to repeat your mistakes is you refuse to learn from them. There's so many players that need to go from this roster and none of them are easy to move.

Reactions: PuckMunchkin

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Matt Cooke and Alex Mogilny were the nicest Canucks at one of those days where they open up GM place and let kids meet the players

Messier seemed uninterested

Met Cooke once in high school, he was nice (holy shit were his shoulders massive).

Doesn’t surprise me at all that Messier would be that way.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Unintentionally? We had two college free agents playing, the veteran of whom was playing his 3rd NHL game.
Yes.

We went in to this year trying to make the playoffs and were buyers at the deadline.

We are trying to win these games. Chicago is trying to lose theirs.

And yet they both played better than Bear, Myers and our friend OEL has for the majority of the season.

We need to recognize this habit of overrating wins when there's nothing on the line for the team. You're destined to repeat your mistakes is you refuse to learn from them. There's so many players that need to go from this roster and none of them are easy to move.
Yup.

Especially OEL.

Reactions: quat

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
Yes.

We went in to this year trying to make the playoffs and were buyers at the deadline.

We are trying to win these games. Chicago is trying to lose theirs.

Yup.

Especially OEL.
Lol wE wErE bUyErS aT tHe dEaDlInE.

We traded for a 25 year old rd with high potential. This trade had literally nothing to do with this year.
Good god, is nuance this hard?

And Chicago is utterly broken and won't be even semi relevant for like 7 years.

The players and coaches are trying to win, the management has us playing college d in their first games and shut down Hronek once we got a look at him and he gained a sense of his fit for next year.

Buyers are buying for THIS YEAR. Trading the 20th and 42nd picks for the sort of young d who is basically never available isn't even close to being a buyer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad