GDT: [GM73] Canucks vs Stars | Thur. Mar 28th, 7:00pm | SNP | Big Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
Damn - gonna be in Birch Bay for this one. doubt I will be able to get the game.

Going down to celebrate the moose's 70th (Damn we are getting old). for anyone who cares, the moose and I met on line about 20 years ago, her on line name was mooska, she lived in calif and I in Seattle (back when I was bill van Seattle here).

Anyhow, its all gravy from here on in, the chances of the Canucks missing the playoffs are less than the chance of Donald Trump and Putin getting married.

We are having lunch at Chihuahua's in Ferndale, with the guy who buys my Canucks tickets. We have been playing poker together, amongst other things, for 55 years. Anyhow, it is very good Mexican food.

Calling for a 4 -2 win.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Regarding the lines, I don't understand the fuss about not reuniting that 3rd line.

They can always go back to it if they need to.

Probably just trying to figure out if Garland can work with Pettersson, as EP really needs a winger that can play up to his skill level somewhat.

And in theory, Joshua should work with Miller like he does when playing with Garland: just go to the front of the net the and Miller will find him.

SopelFanThe3rd

Cock of the Walk
Oct 25, 2020
Your Mother's House.
i live adjacent to charlotte, and he played for the checkers in the AHL several years thus i've followed his career BUT most importantly, i was thinking of picking him in fantsay since my team is in the playoffs and vancouver vs anaheim is the only game on the docket on sunday and every shot on goal and hit counts!!

thanks for the info!
I doubt he will get back in unless someone else is hurt

Reactions: Mike C

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
I get that Lindholm is hurt but if Joshua is coming back then PDG is a healthy scratch and Bains is a second scratch. Seems weird. Is it his birthday?! lol
My guess is that because Abbotsford are travelling they want to make sure they have bodies they might need in Vancouver for the weekend games.

Reactions: Indiana and Vector

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
My guess is that because Abbotsford are travelling they want to make sure they have bodies they might need in Vancouver for the weekend games.

This is exactly it. If Joshua woke up today and still wasn't good to go then Bains or PDG could draw into the line-up.

Reactions: Indiana

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
Looks like Joshua is skating with Miller and Boeser, which could be a great fit.

I am loathe for them to break up the third line, but they seem to want to figure out the top two lines which makes sense.

For the playoffs?

Joshua Miller Boeser
Hoglander EP Garland
Lafferty Lindholm Mikh
Suter Blueger Podz
(PDG, Bains)

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
GJw8rNOWcAAZwQT.jpg

ManVanFan

Mar 28, 2024
Regarding the lines, I don't understand the fuss about not reuniting that 3rd line.

They can always go back to it if they need to.

Probably just trying to figure out if Garland can work with Pettersson, as EP really needs a winger that can play up to his skill level somewhat.

And in theory, Joshua should work with Miller like he does when playing with Garland: just go to the front of the net the and Miller will find him.
My fuss would be that other than the Suter-Miller-Boeser line, it's the only other good line that has worked and why take away from a line that works. All the rotating of lines hasn't produced much else.

SopelFanThe3rd

Cock of the Walk
Oct 25, 2020
Your Mother's House.
Looks like Joshua is skating with Miller and Boeser, which could be a great fit.

I am loathe for them to break up the third line, but they seem to want to figure out the top two lines which makes sense.

For the playoffs?

Joshua Miller Boeser
Hoglander EP Garland
Lafferty Lindholm Mikh
Suter Blueger Podz
(PDG, Bains)
(Aman, PDG) but otherwise I like.

Reactions: ziploc

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Should be a good game, two good teams flexing their muscles..Would like to see EP step up a bit, and see Podz bag one.

It will be more watchable than the Kings game (how teams get rewarded for playing that style is disturbing..I didnt even watch the 3rd period).

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
(Aman, PDG) but otherwise I like.
Right, yes, forgot he existed for a moment.

Should be a good game, two good teams flexing their muscles..Would like to see EP step up a bit, and see Podz bag one.

It will be more watchable than the Kings game (how teams get rewarded for playing that style is disturbing..I didnt even watch the 3rd period).
A 7 game series against LA would seriously test my resolve.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown

For the playoffs?

Joshua Miller Boeser
Hoglander EP Garland
Lafferty Lindholm Mikh
Suter Blueger Podz
(PDG, Bains)

As others have said, swap Bains for Aman and you've got the right of it. Defence will be interesting but I think they'll have a rotation between Cole and Juulsen but ultimately will come down to injuries.

Reactions: ziploc

LuckyDay

Mar 25, 2011
The Uncanny Valley
We really need a few good playoff-troll-enemy avatar options like the good (they were hell! Don't let anyone lie to you!!!!) old days. Not stupid PDO stuff...that was old before it even started. Something fun like Hughes your daddy or Miller hates your children or Demko bubble or ?!?!

I really want something that embraces the to the rest of the fan bases and let's own being hated. Poke someone in the eye let em' come at us.

This boards positivity since the start of the season has been really unique. The real fans have drowned out the trolls and BS and have kept things real amongst OUR fanbase. The Canucks board has a lot of inside jokes and (super gayness) banter that you just don't see on most public chat sites. I think it is all funny as hell.

Good job boys and bois and girls and gurls and everyone else...as long as you are a Canucks fan, keep on keepin' on as the boomers would say!

We should start a thread. Kick a round some ideas and start the ball rolling.
The PDO thing was hilarious but it's not really a playoff thing.

The Optimist

Jun 5, 2009
2754 days of hell
Don't get me wrong as a fan I enjoy Tocchet's honesty and insight but I hope during the playoffs he learns to keep his mouth shut about team strategy and future goalie starts.

Also these playoff clinching scenarios are a bit silly when the team has 10 games left to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad