GDT: [GM67] Canucks vs Avalanche | Wed. Mar 13th, 7:30pm | SNP | M2B Has Moderated This GDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordBacon

CEO of sh*tposting
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Hong Kong
Jesus, here come the vultures as usual. The Canucks were the better team for 2 out of the 3 periods and laid an egg in the 3rd. MacKinnon sold his little embellishment and the refs bought it. Oh well, it happens.

But now we're talking about this team as pretenders who should fire their coach? Typical.
Welcome to HFcanucks.

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
It all started with the Hughes Penalty and the ref screaming for to the box please. Then Coles BS penalty, then proceed to Mackinnon embellishment. I agree that this loss is on Tochett but the refs did their best to get the Avs back in this. Don't sneeze around Mackinnon but slam our star forward Miller's head into the boards and its fine.

I love this game, but the stripes got to tone things down. So annoying.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
Jesus, here come the vultures as usual. The Canucks were the better team for 2 out of the 3 periods and laid an egg in the 3rd. It happens.

But now we're talking about this team as pretenders who should fire their coach? Typical.

LoL nobody is saying fire the coach, but its also annoying he is beyond criticism.

They have lost 3 straight to the avs, avs played a back 2 back, we were rested, controlling the game, had a 3 goal lead.

What did you expect? Everyone just to brush another blown lead under the rug when you are suppose to be the top team in the west?

Man are expectations low with some of you.

TruKnyte

On the wagon
Jan 1, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Say what you want about the system, but it works more times than it doesn't. And Tocchet isn't going to fundamentally adjust something that works just because it's the Avs.

As I said, if Pettersson even shows a little of what he's actually capable of offensively in this game, the Canucks win. End of story. The Avs won because they neutralized Pettersson completely. Oh, and Mackinnon's embellishment. That helped.

That lack of adjustment is what will cost us games later

Reactions: I am toxic and Flik

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
LoL nobody is saying fire the coach, but its also annoying he is beyond criticism.

They have lost 3 straight to the avs, avs played a back 2 back, we were rested, controlling the game, had a 3 goal lead.

What did you expect? Everyone just to brush another blown lead under the rug when you are suppose to be the top team in the west?

well, good thing we wont see them in the playoffs until the WCF

• Love
Reactions: Baby Pettersson

Tables of Stats

Nov 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Jesus, here come the vultures as usual. The Canucks were the better team for 2 out of the 3 periods and laid an egg in the 3rd. It happens.

The PP coach should go, the PP has been trending down all year after a hot start and none of the coaching staff seems to have the answer.

We need to preach staying aggressive when we have the lead.

We need to play harder after things don't go our way.

No of this makes us a pretender, but some of these things are becoming trends that some of us rightly worry about.

Reactions: Jay26

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Maybe they should have been given a 5-3 when Hughes was high-sticked while they were 5-4. Colorado didn't score at 5 on 4 either this game.
5 on 3 and 4 on 3 are the issue here.
Bold of you to assume they’d even score. I don’t know if they could score on a 5 on 0 powerplay. They’d overthink that too.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Yeah I’m not upset at this game, moreso annoyed at the PP.

Like look at how the Avs set it up. Mackinnon is always on the left, Rantanen right, Nichushkin in front. It doesn’t matter what your opponent’s formation is or what handedness your players are when they’re elite.

We need a PP coach or a fix before the playoffs or we’re done.

LordBacon

CEO of sh*tposting
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Hong Kong

fair enough

ahmon

Jun 25, 2002
Visit site
Canucks just lost all semblance of forecheck in the third. Its almost like Avalanche told the Canucks to yield and the canucks just did.

We were in such a good position, Avalanche have killer instinct, Canucks don't.

If you are a soft team then you better have a good PP.

Wouldn't Duhaime look good on our 4th line providing some pushback?

Wood, Colton, Trenin, Duhaime, all provided Avs with some much needed physical pushback. That 3-3 goal was basically just Avs physically willing that puck into the net.

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017
Problem with Desmith is that he plays a very chaotic style. He wasn't the reason for the loss but I notice the team plays better with a lead with Demko. I think Its a psychological thing when you see your goalie scrambling around and out of position. Demko is very calm and collected which is reassuring to the players in front of him.

LemonSauceD

The Negotiator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
Our PP sucks. Lindholm absolutely sucks. Suter is too slow. Pettersson has been inconsistent all season long. Hronek is a low IQ defenseman. Cole is old and slow. Lafferty doesn’t know where he is on the ice.

Other than that, everyone else played relatively solid with Miller, Zadorov, Garland, and Mikheyev being the standouts. Colorado is just on another level and we are a step below them. Mackinnon and Makar out there with only 3 PK’ers is just unfair.

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
I was listening to the game driving home and they were up 3 -0 and then gave up that late goal. I turned off the game because I somehow knew they were going to lose. Hope it wasn't too painful. I don't care about the loss so much as a team collapsing, and it's sad to hear that's exactly what happened, against a team who played the previous evening.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
The PP coach should go, the PP has been trending down all year after a hot start and none of the coaching staff seems to have the answer.

We need to preach staying aggressive when we have the lead.

We need to play harder after things don't go our way.

No of this makes us a pretender, but some of these things are becoming trends that some of us rightly worry about.
Is Tocchet not the powerplay coach lol. Boeser on Spittin Chickets said Tocc runs first unit, Sedins second.

I think Tocc needs to hand the powerplay over.

Petey O

Laffy Taffy's gonna chew you up.
Feb 26, 2021
Canguker
That lack of adjustment is what will cost us games later
Again, the coach isn't going to change a defensive system that has undoubtably worked wonders this season just because the Avs are good offensively. More often than not, you can close games out playing that way, but that last second lucky goal by the Avs and then Mack's embellishment for the 5 on 3 (which usually always switches momentum) was the difference.

In a game like that, you need star play from guys like Pettersson to pull their team out of the pit they're falling into. Pettersson was a ghost offensively. You can't argue otherwise. He needs to be figured out.

Reactions: Jay26
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille