GDT: [GM67] Canucks vs Avalanche | Wed. Mar 13th, 7:30pm | SNP | M2B Has Moderated This GDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

cc

Feb 28, 2002
I don't know if it would have helped but when the Canucks started out looking like garbage starting the third period, maybe tocchet should have called a time out to calm them down.

just22

Aug 2, 2009
Canucks look like pretenders next to a true contender.
That’s all that this game showed me. Like if they collapse like this in the regular season I can’t imagine in a playoff elimination game what would happen.

Feb 20, 2013
I don't think I have ever seen three calls that were so weak against one team in a single game. Completely turned the game on it's head. Canucks were essentially flawless in their discipline and they still lost because of powerplays against. I am embarrased that the fans didn't make more of it. Those are the situations that the home ice advantage needs to be shown.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Biggest problem is refs giving us BS penalties when we are a men down

Refs were horseshit yes but we went full turtle and let the Avs come at us. Soucy is rarely a desperate player but played the puck scared because Tocchet was just trying to drag us to OT. That cost us and he needs to own that.

No excuses for playing turtle in the playoffs. We'll get bounced if we let teams just dominate a period like that.

potatowejj

Oct 22, 2019
Ouch. That's a pretty damning condemnation of the team - 3 days of rest, facing one of the other contenders in the West, and then to completely and utterly shit the bed and allow 4 goals straight is shockingly embarrassing. Glad the team didn't go all in at the TDL lol.

Well how are the previous 4 games then? Some serious overreactions in here.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
If Pettersson plays even like a low end 1C offensively this game, the Canucks win.

Pettersson ghosting is usually the reason why the team loses these statement games.

If you want to play that game we can also say if canucks kept applying pressure like they did in the first half of the game where the avs generate nothing, they win the game, but you start sitting back in a defensive shell and they will just pelt you. Its exactly what the avs want.

Reactions: calnuck

TruKnyte

On the wagon
Jan 1, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Tough loss but I'm definitely not as disappointed as most of you here. We dominated the first half and didn't the other half. Whatever let's learn and move on.

This team collapses at the first sign of adversity. There’s a pattern now. If they can’t hold onto leads in the regular season how the hell are they going to do that in the playoffs?

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
It’s on coaching. This is at least the 3rd or 4th game now where we’ve given up a big lead. Tocchet just cannot adjust mid game when the other team starts to push and reverts to a passive trap until the other team scores. This team isnt doing jack shit in the playoffs until they change that, but tocchet hasn’t shown the ability to adapt so I’m not holding my breath.

Don't understand the OT line up, at all.

Tocchet you start with THAT against Nathan Mac? What the f*** do you THINK was going to happen?

nowhereman

Jan 24, 2010
Los Angeles
Jesus, here come the vultures as usual. The Canucks were the better team for 2 out of the 3 periods and laid an egg in the 3rd. MacKinnon sold his little embellishment and the refs bought it. Oh well, it happens.

But now we're talking about this team as pretenders who should fire their coach? Typical.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Also, DeSmith was DeAss on some of these goals.

Unfortunate that Demko went down, DeSmith played alright but I hope we don't turn this into another Spencer Martin ass washing.

calnuck

Nov 26, 2010
CA
If Pettersson plays even like a low end 1C offensively this game, the Canucks win.

Pettersson ghosting is usually the reason why the team loses these statement games.
Team scored 3 goals and held that for most of the game and then play style changed to sit back and defend the lead. Pettersson was a ghost alongside that whole line but it’s not squarely on him that’s silly

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Tough loss blame Tocchet for not pressing after the lead in 3rd. Sitting back protecting doesn't work. Take the point and move on.

I mean, we literally have the best record when leading after 2 periods in the NHL. It works fantastic. We just didn’t execute as well as we normally do.

Key moment was the refs getting absolutely suckered by Mackinnon’s play-acting to create an extended 5-on-3.

ProviesGhost

Sponsor
Jun 5, 2011
Vancouver
Once they got their legs they took over. Kind of a true "tie", the OT was unfortunate, I'd have like to see it get to 3 on 3. I miss having a potent power play.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Jesus, here come the vultures as usual. The Canucks were the better team for 2 out of the 3 periods and laid an egg in the 3rd. It happens.

But now we're talking about this team as pretenders who should fire their coach? Typical.

Thankfully, the vultures are on my ignore list.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
I don't think I have ever seen three calls that were so weak against one team in a single game. Completely turned the game on it's head. Canucks were essentially flawless in their discipline and they still lost because of powerplays against. I am embarrased that the fans didn't make more of it. Those are the situations that the home ice advantage needs to be shown.
Maybe the Canucks shouldn’t go 0-3 on their powerplays.

Petey O

Laffy Taffy's gonna chew you up.
Feb 26, 2021
Canguker
If you want to play that game we can also say if canucks kept applying pressure like they did in the first half of the game where the avs generate nothing, they win the game, but you start sitting back in a defensive shell and they will just pelt you. Its exactly what the avs want.
Say what you want about the system, but it works more times than it doesn't. And Tocchet isn't going to fundamentally adjust something that works just because it's the Avs.

As I said, if Pettersson even shows a little of what he's actually capable of offensively in this game, the Canucks win. End of story. The Avs won because they neutralized Pettersson completely. Oh, and Mackinnon's embellishment. That helped.

Reactions: Jay26 and calnuck

TruKnyte

On the wagon
Jan 1, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Jesus, here come the vultures as usual. The Canucks were the better team for 2 out of the 3 periods and laid an egg in the 3rd. It happens.

Unfortunately being the better team for 40 minutes doesn’t mean you win the game.

Reactions: calnuck
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad