Post-Game Talk: [GM62] Canucks defeat Maple Leafs | 4-1 | Kuzmenko, Pettersson, Miller, & Aman

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
How was schenn did he play soft against us?
He absolutely erased Di Giuseppe on the first shift which prompted Myers to destroy Tavares. Also hit Miller really hard along the boards. It was great.

Man, Pettersson is an elite superstar

• Love
Reactions: Indiana

Petey But Really Jim

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
I get that (nobody was emphasizing the goaltending this year more than I). But we could have still kept the picks for this draft and reinforced the roster this summer. I still don't buy any excuse for trading two top 40 picks NOW.

I swear bbud is perpetually drunk.
I read bbud’ s posts in Boomhauer’s voice.

And yeah, bummer about those top forty picks. It broke my heart all over again.

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
I woke up my kids laughing out loud at that opening paragraph, you asshole. :laugh:

Completely agree on all counts.

Guys all around me in lower bowl in Leafs attire. Shut them down pretty fast by being a prick (to a reasonable degree). I texted my (Leafs fan) [Step]father In Law "4-1, the most dangerous lead in hockey. Especially dangerous in game 7s".

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
This is why they are attempting to retool instead of rebuilding. They had ABOMINABLE goaltending all season. It was not NHL caliber.

If Demko is back to form, they are a playoff team. They have enough offensive firepower to play with anybody.
Need better d to be dangerous in playoffs but your dead right about Demko he can win games alone

Petey But Really Jim

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
I promise I'm not going to harp on it forever!
Harp on it as long as it’s complete f***ing bullshit. I was ahead of you but I welcome you to the group of those who see the grim reality of our situation.

CanucksSayEh

Apr 6, 2012
No offence to Bo Horvat, but for reasons we won't know this team has been somewhat better without him.
It could be that Pettersson and Miller were just 'whatever' on him.
The team was underperforming badly. It was unlikely to happen over an entire season. Eventually the talent was gonna break through and win some games. Pure coincidence it roughly started around Bo's trade. He was well liked and a hell of a player for us.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Demko's tracking and general movement is back but he got lucky a number of times tonight. Still shading towards the post and doing post integration when guys are in the faceoff circle.

He only had to make one really good save on the breakaway. Team defence mainly kept the Leafs to the outside, that's what's sustaining this recent run.

I watched most of the game live but I thought the highlight pack was fitting because the first shot on net was this dribbler from the blueline.

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
That was not cool to have all those Leaf fans making it like a Leafs home game, more Nuck fans have to show up for games like this, can't let leaf have have tix.

Sedinery

May 24, 2021
I hope Miller, Boeser, Garland and Myers all play lights out the rest of the way so we can dump them all at the draft

Reactions: alternate

dez

Mar 3, 2012
Just watched highlights of last night's game - man Matthews was lazy backchecking which led to Petterson's goal.
Guess you missed the part where he took a slap shop off the side of his knee. He was skating very gingerly after returning.

Reactions: SeawaterOnIce

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
This year is the Leafs best chance to go deep into the playoffs and they likely won't get passed the Lightning. Matthews and Nylander are UFAs next season.

Their initial moves at the deadline were pretty good. Acciari and ROR are solid additions.

But that blueline needed way more than Erik Gustafsson. Morgan Reilly has been horrible this season(that contract will not age well) and their best defenders have been a 40 year old Gio and a guy who hasn't seen much playoff action in Liljegren.

They needed someone like Orlov or Chychrun to really bolster up that D group.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Their initial moves at the deadline were pretty good. Acciari and ROR are solid additions.

But that blueline needed way more than Erik Gustafsson. Morgan Reilly has been horrible this season(that contract will not age well) and their best defenders have been a 40 year old Gio and a guy who hasn't seen much playoff action in Liljegren.

They needed someone like Orlov or Chychrun to really bolster up that D group.

They added McCabe as well.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Kind of mind blowing that PDG and Wolanin spent so long on the farm before getting a look. Both have been excellent since their recalls.

Credit to Brisebois and Juulsen, too, who have been as solid as could be hoped for.

Full marks to Colliton for getting these guys all to a point where they can pretty seamlessly step in.

Also, Nils Aman - he’s had a really nice stretch of play of late. Looking like we unearthed a player here.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
On a side note, Wolanin is fun to watch. If only he could finish. Has good offensive instincts. PDG essentially stole Lazar's spot.

Reactions: mossey3535

hellstick

Nov 2, 2006
Abbotsford
I went to the game.

Fantastic atmosphere. The rink was buzzing all game long with Leafs fans (which definitely outnumbered Canucks fans tonight) stopping any semblance of a go Canucks go chant. But hearing some of the jeers like "first round exit" and "leafs suck" was pretty fun.

Myers had a really good game. He got into that scrum early in the 1st - I think he needs to get involved more physically to be effective.

Petey is this team's motor. Such a good player.

Demko is back, baby.

Nice to win against the Leafs. It's just so fun to win especially when you attend the game. The team can start losing a few extra now though. Lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad