Post-Game Talk: [GM62] Canucks defeat Maple Leafs | 4-1 | Kuzmenko, Pettersson, Miller, & Aman

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
WHEN: March 4th, 4:00PM PST
WHERE: Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC
TV: Sportsnet Pacific & CBC
RADIO: Sportsnet 650

Canucks Line-Up:

TBD

Maple Leafs Line-Up:

TBD

Murray

Last edited:

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
That’s right the big news from yesterday, I finished Elden Ring. What an obtuse story. I think I’m an immortal with a four-armed blue doll-wife. The moon is always out or something.

Malenia will have your head.
BlaringHonorableHippopotamus-size_restricted.gif

• Haha
Reactions: theguardianII

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
Good scrimmage for the Leafs before they go back East and face some real competition. They have a super tough schedule ahead of them and I expect them to use our defensive zone as a shooting drill.

If Hronek isn't in, we'll have all 4: Brisebois, Juulsen, Burroughs, Wolanin.. They'll have to play the game of their life for us to win.

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
I think that there's a good chance the Canucks take this. They'll be relieved and enthused by what took place at the trade deadline. Demko should be in good form. Tocchet will give big minutes to Hughes and Pettersson, and they'll want to do well agains the Leafs, on HNIC, etc.

For the Leafs, on the other hand, this is a meh game.

I wonder when we'll see Bear back with the full face shield.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
I think that there's a good chance the Canucks take this. They'll be relieved and enthused by what took place at the trade deadline. Demko should be in good form. Tocchet will give big minutes to Hughes and Pettersson, and they'll want to do well agains the Leafs, on HNIC, etc.

For the Leafs, on the other hand, this is a meh game.

I wonder when we'll see Bear back with the full face shield.
That or they'll return to their old ways knowing their jobs are safe until the end of the season.

Reactions: Lindgren

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Leafs will feast on Brisebois Myers Juulsen Burroughs. I didnt include Wolanin because even though he's soft and timid he can keep up, transition the puck and support the play.

We'll get worked in the cycle and the fast break with that group and the forwards will be on an island.

Basically come out strong avoid penalties for TO and they should be able to dictate the game

geebster

Sponsor
Oct 26, 2019
Hope the boys play well. Kuz and Petey light it up, Demko shows he's still elite, and the new kids like Kravtsov show out. Everyone works really hard and tires themselves out, possibly affecting future games all with the intent of winning this one at all costs.

And we lose anyways in regulation.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
Good scrimmage for the Leafs before they go back East and face some real competition. They have a super tough schedule ahead of them and I expect them to use our defensive zone as a shooting drill.

If Hronek isn't in, we'll have all 4: Brisebois, Juulsen, Burroughs, Wolanin.. They'll have to play the game of their life for us to win.
Hronek may not play again this year, he hopes to get back in in a few weeks. The perfect trade for the tank.

I reviewed the last game, Demko, there is still something. Few leg shakes, how he gets up sometimes, the push off got worse as the game went on, not really bad but if your looking hard it is there. Tired too.

I am not sure the Canucks score even one goal although "game management" usually will insure a close game.

"I like the way the team is playing with more structure" in a 5 zip loss, "If we stop those 3 goals I think we have a better chance", "they just have to play better" and soon to come "Our best players have to be our best players, they have to play better" that one maybe next year ;)

Wow did Edmonton ever get better and that rebuilding team Ottawa, is looking pretty good too, Buffalo, they are in the show and the Islander first looks to be either 13th or unprotected next year.

Oh! There is a game ON THE ICE, I got so wrapped up in getting gamed off the ice.

A rebuilt TO should win easily and be practicing to get past the first round of the playoffs, they haven't the last 5 years of playing in the playoffs after their rebuild.

5-0 because they don't want to embarrass the Nux too bad. Nux get less than 25 shots, at least 7 from the blueline out.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Should be an interesting game tonight, although the Canucks are up against it, against the stacked Leafs.

I'm expecting Demko in net (who swept the Leafs last season) to be in net.

Hopefully, an entertaining game with the desired result.

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
Apparently, we are something like 15-2 against them on home ice over the past few years. It’s just visiting them on the road that has been very unkind to us.

20 GP, 9 G, 10 A, 19 PTS, 39 SOG.

Are the splits of one of the Canucks career vs TOR. Hazard a guess.

------
This is the first game against Toronto I've been to. I want to beat those f***ing guys. Tanks off tonight. If we win, I might text the SFIL about it.

Reactions: Mr. Canucklehead

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad