Post-Game Talk: [GM62] Canucks defeat Maple Leafs | 4-1 | Kuzmenko, Pettersson, Miller, & Aman

Green Blank Stare

Drance approved coach
May 16, 2019
Makes you seriously wonder where the Canucks would be at this season if Demko hadn't missed three months.

Last year he almost singlehandedly backstopped them to a 32-15 record down the stretch, on a team that didn't have the pieces that this one does.

Canucks are currently getting by with three Abby Canuck players on their blueline. But just goes to show, if you get the goaltending and play with some structure and discipline, you can beat anybody.

Quinn Hughes and Elias Pettersson are approaching superstar status in this league.....they were two of the best players on the ice tonight...a lot better than Marner, Matthews or Tavares.
This is why they are attempting to retool instead of rebuilding. They had ABOMINABLE goaltending all season. It was not NHL caliber.

If Demko is back to form, they are a playoff team. They have enough offensive firepower to play with anybody.

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
midget hughes cant play defense lol short

He hasnt played great d last 2 yrs and not because he cant there are games he uses his speed and skating to win battles but not enough ill say last few game he is think coaching helps but he needs to do that and last year half this he wasn't

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
As usual you make no sense.
Really look deeper Arizona is owned by NHL buttman will not give in and move them and id bet they win lottery with no arena no long term plan i make no sense buttman makes no sense

Uhmkay

Tryamkin = New Chara
Dec 11, 2006
Vancouver
IF you want to feel even better..... go read the post game thread in the Leafs forum.

Don't say anything ofc.... go in peace. :)

• Love
Reactions: Indiana

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
I was cheering with Leafs fans to begin the game, in house. Surreal doesn't begin to describe it.

Then watching Demko gave me a change of heart. Guy is an anti-tank missile launcher.

Then two shorties, and it was all over but the crying.

I hate that someone (who wasn't me) spent money, tacitly supporting the Aquilini's, but hey, it was a fun night out.

• Love
Reactions: Indiana and quat

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
I mean Megna is still in the NHL so thats something in its self
Well yeah that was surprising. His name popping up gave me ptsd

I was cheering with Leafs fans to begin the game, in house. Surreal doesn't begin to describe it.

Then watching Demko gave me a change of heart. Guy is an anti-tank missile launcher.

Then two shorties, and it was all over but the crying.

I hate that someone (who wasn't me) spent money, tacitly supporting the Aquilini's, but hey, it was a fun night out.
I mean if it makes you feel better, it was leafs fans throwing money away

beachcomber

Apr 6, 2015
All this being said, I am still hardcore pro-tank, because a team with a core thats already this good adding a guy like Bedard, Fantilli, Carlson, or Michkov would probably make them an unironic contender
Not happening. Drafting 7th or higher. The team is going on a heater.

Jay26

Jul 13, 2022
Kamloops
This is why they are attempting to retool instead of rebuilding. They had ABOMINABLE goaltending all season. It was not NHL caliber.

If Demko is back to form, they are a playoff team. They have enough offensive firepower to play with anybody.
I get that (nobody was emphasizing the goaltending this year more than I). But we could have still kept the picks for this draft and reinforced the roster this summer. I still don't buy any excuse for trading two top 40 picks NOW.

How can you have so many posts on this board just babbling / ranting in this weird short manner about "Buttman"? WTF
I swear bbud is perpetually drunk.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
LOL Leafs. And LOL at their loser fans spending so much money on gear and tickets tonight. It’s like spending $200 on a designer shirt that announces that you have a micropenis.

What a difference goaltending makes. We didn’t have a good 1st period and for most of the year we’d have been down 2-0. But Demko was rock solid and we came back and had the better of the chances in the last 40 minutes to win the game. Looks right back to the same goalie he was in the past couple years.

- Phil Di Giuseppe and Christian Wolanin are NHL players, full stop. Get both signed to $800k deals for next year ASAP. Brisebois might be, too. What an improvement over OEL and Stillman. Wolanin’s game tonight looked like Cam Fowler on a good night.

- credit to Myers who came out fired up tonight and had a terrific game. You wonder how a player can be so bad most of the time and then pull a game like this out of his hat.

- Quinn Hughes right now is dominant on a nightly basis. His last 10 or so games would be Norris-level if he could do it for 82.

- that JT Miller/Elias Pettersson PK sequence was awesome both for squishing the Leafs and for the team-building implications.

- Boeser was sluggish again most of the night but did play better in the 3rd.

- Aman-Joshua had a great game. Aman is really growing into his role. It isn’t easy being a rookie checker who doesn’t have wiles or veteran experience yet and he’s come a long way.

- Kravtsov backed up his good performance with a poor one. Struggled to get anything going, intensity and battle level dropped off.

- Beauvillier again wasn’t ‘bad’ but for the past few games has been carried by his linemates.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
LOL Leafs. And LOL at their loser fans spending so much money on gear and tickets tonight. It’s like spending $200 on a designer shirt that announces that you have a micropenis.

What a difference goaltending makes. We didn’t have a good 1st period and for most of the year we’d have been down 2-0. But Demko was rock solid and we came back and had the better of the chances in the last 40 minutes to win the game. Looks right back to the same goalie he was in the past couple years.

- Phil Di Giuseppe and Christian Wolanin are NHL players, full stop. Get both signed to $800k deals for next year ASAP. Brisebois might be, too. What an improvement over OEL and Stillman. Wolanin’s game tonight looked like Cam Fowler on a good night.

- credit to Myers who came out fired up tonight and had a terrific game. You wonder how a player can be so bad most of the time and then pull a game like this out of his hat.

- Quinn Hughes right now is dominant on a nightly basis. His last 10 or so games would be Norris-level if he could do it for 82.

- that JT Miller/Elias Pettersson PK sequence was awesome both for squishing the Leafs and for the team-building implications.

- Boeser was sluggish again most of the night but did play better in the 3rd.

- Aman-Joshua had a great game. Aman is really growing into his role. It isn’t easy being a rookie checker who doesn’t have wiles or veteran experience yet and he’s come a long way.

- Kravtsov backed up his good performance with a poor one. Struggled to get anything going, intensity and battle level dropped off.

- Beauvillier again wasn’t ‘bad’ but for the past few games has been carried by his linemates.

I woke up my kids laughing out loud at that opening paragraph, you asshole. :laugh:

Completely agree on all counts.

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
How can you have so many posts on this board just babbling / ranting in this weird short manner about "Buttman"? WTF
Do some homework who has pushed Arizona protected saved them guess no idea of how they are in a 5000 seat university arena and lose money makes sense but im babbling get educated

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC

Honestly with Demko healthier they probably are a wild card team with some real d which will require some magic tricks are a decent team .
Off season needs some smart moves and thats a big ?

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Rogers Arena has for some reason been a Chamber or Horrors for the Buds. They've lost thelast six games and for whatever reason can't seem to beat the Canucks even when they dominate for stretches as they did tonight.

Sad reality is that Kuzmenko and Demko are almost singlehandedly destroying the Bedard Tank. I can even see the Canucks passing a couple of teams before the end of the year.

But I suppose we should be used to it by now.

Reactions: Indiana

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
MISSED CONNECTION:

f***kkkkkin hell y'all. So at the Leafs game, and who do I run into on the concourse? John f***in Shorthouse. Some guys are trying to take pics with him so I back off, then this guy looks at me and says "can you take this pic?" I'm like "yeah dude". So i take the camera and ya boi is starstruck like is this real life? Easily the best PBP guy in the league, legend, hero to all kids unfortunate to cheer up Canucks fans, and I get tongue twisted between " Say Go Canucks" and "Say the f*** the Leafs"....not wanting to swear in front of Shorty so what comes out of my mouth is "Say Go Leafs". Everybody grimaces and Shorty gives me the dont say that gesture, but we shared a laugh too. I scampered off as I didn't want to bother the myth further. So now I don't even have the picture I took from someone else's phone.

If anyone on here met up with a little troll lookin guy with purple hair and a Reverse Retro EP40 jersey and had that dude take a picture with you and some buddies at the game with Shorty, A) I apologize. My wife says I take the worst photos. B) May I have a copy of the photo y'all took?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad