Post-Game Talk: [GM6] Canucks defeat Predators | 3-2 (Mikheyev, Di Giuseppe, & Hoglander) | A Mighty Fine Start

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
Demko to Edmonton for Drai
Sadly we couldn't even do this and be cap compliant. But I could see a lot of interest in Silovs for a few of these teams ...

And it is a very late start for Nash - 8:15. Game won't be over until 11.

I prefer earlier games myself. 11 pm is past ny geezer bed time. And my wife's by 3 - 4 hours (or more).

BWJM

Sponsor
Mar 16, 2011
Fingers crossed this isn’t a Flyers 2.0. Hopefully the boys come prepared to play, and Myers limits his turnovers.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Fingers crossed this isn’t a Flyers 2.0. Hopefully the boys come prepared to play, and Myers limits his turnovers.
If Demko is as good he was in the Philly debacle, the Canucks will always have a chance to win anywhere.

The Preds will try to do what every team tries to do with the Canucks--particularly in the first period. Subject them to a hard, physical forecheck, and then pounce on turnovers to build an early lead.

For once, a strong first period by the Canucks would help a lot. But more often than not, this team doesn't answer the bell very well.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Bullshit start time. I wouldn’t be surprised if it was done in attempt to throw the Canucks off.
NHL is trying to their own version of nfl redzone on Tuesday. So they have every team playing with staggered start times to avoid 10 games being stuck in intermission at the same time.

IMG_5610.jpeg
IMG_5611.jpeg

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
The whining when the Leafs game is at 4pm is my favorite, hopefully we get that later this year
Happens against eastern teams every year, but the one against the Leafs is always the one that the fans/local media lose their shit over.

When Columbus comes to town and it’s an early start we don’t hear shit lol

Yultron

Apr 18, 2017
Obviously I am very happy to see Hoglander back in the lineup , Studnicka has played well but it’s Hoglander who deserves to be in the playoffs

Reactions: HockeyWooot

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
NHL is trying to their own version of nfl redzone on Tuesday. So they have every team playing with staggered start times to avoid 10 games being stuck in intermission at the same time.

I like how they did this on a Tuesday and not a premier day where all fans can just watch all day. If only there was a traditional set of days where people didn't work.

I mean, I guess this kinda works for everyone out East, though. But bit of a missed opportunity.

Reactions: vancityluongo

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
The whining when the Leafs game is at 4pm is my favorite, hopefully we get that later this year
I get it from a ratings standpoint. Can't have your biggest market having a 10EST start time on HNIC.

That doesn't mean I can't still hate it along with the Leafs.

Jets fans have previously had every right to hate the NHL scheduling. Some home games for HNIC would start at 9PM CT time. Brutal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad