Post-Game Talk: [GM6] Canucks defeat Predators | 3-2 (Mikheyev, Di Giuseppe, & Hoglander) | A Mighty Fine Start

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I think it's an interesting test to have all the games start at different times Tuesday. Obviously hoping to stagger the finishes so people can watch a bunch of different endings.

Will the games actually start on time though? Or are they incorporating every game starting 15 minutes late?

Reactions: Vector

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
I like what I'm seeing from DeSmith/Demko so far...Would be a definite plus if they can maintain that quality level of goaltending.

Goaltending literally killed us last season.

Last edited:

Petey But Really Jim

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
I like what I'm seeing from DeSmith/Demko so far...Would be a definite plus if they can maintain that quality level of goaltending.

Goaltending literally killed us last season.

That, and the rest of the roster not being near good enough outside of our handful of high end players. It's still the exact same problem this season.

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
What's a mandatory day off? This a club decision, or is the league/NHLPA more active in monitoring practice time like in the NFL?

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
What's a mandatory day off? This a club decision, or is the league/NHLPA more active in monitoring practice time like in the NFL?
Players are supposed to get at least four days off per month. Only two of the days can take place on the road and travel days don't count as days off. There's an exception if a team travels home after a night game and arrives by 2 a.m.

Reactions: alternate

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
What a difference having Mikheyev on that line with Pettersson and Kuzmenko, instead of Garland.

You can see that Mikeyev is easing his way back into it, but his combination of speed and tenacity on the forecheck will make a huge difference. Could have at least two goals in the last game.

Preds will probably come out storming like a lot of teams try to do against the Canucks. But if they can weather the storm and avoid the penalty box, they should be alright.

It's possible the Canucks play in their OT game of the year.

Reactions: lakai17

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
Just looked at some naturalstattrick numbers and yikes....

Canucks pretty much bottom in everything....
They need to find a way to get someone to take up that #4RHD role somehow and move Myers on. He's actually a blackhole and should be scratched. The season will probably hinge on him not playing many minutes. Can't wait for the deadline to make changes, something has got to give quick.

All that being said, still an ez dub on Tuesday

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
We have a few elite players (Hughes, Petey, Miller, Hronek) but if these guys don’t carry the club we have no chance. We lack depth. At the end of a long road trip this is a recipe for a guaranteed L.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
That, and the rest of the roster not being near good enough outside of our handful of high end players. It's still the exact same problem this season.
The sad fact is that goaltending did kill the Canucks last season. Once Demko went down, the Canucks were left with the AHL tandem of Martin and Delia.

Playing behind that Canuck defense, they were dead meat. Who knows how the season would have turned out if Demko hadn't gone down and recovered his form? The Canucks ended up 13 points out of a playoff sport, so at the very least they'd have been a lot closer.

Now with Demko back in form and DeSmith giving the Canucks solid backup minutes, goaltending has gone from being the team's Achilles Heel to one of its strengths.

And we're about to find out how important goaltending is in the kind of game that usually spells doom for the Canucks--the final game of a tough five-game road-trip against a quality opponent in the Preds.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad