Post-Game Talk: [GM41] Canucks lose to Lightning | 4-5 | Garland, Miller, Hughes, and Pettersson

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
I'd be surprised and impressed if he scratches OEL.

Hold some of these veterans to the same standards you held the kids to.
I felt while watching that the Penguins game was easily top five of worst canucks games I have ever watched. The scoreline was insanely flattering.

Someone had to be pulled. Organizationally, it makes far more sense for it to be OEL than Myers given Myers is tradable in six months.

Tables of Stats

Nov 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC
The idea that Bruce and then Allvin and Rutherford were going to right the ship in a season was fun while it lasted, but damn has the shine ever worn off the apple quickly. I expect this game, and many more moving forward, to be a complete slaughter and can only hope that the losses start to pile up so we can finally make the only sensible choice and blow the team up. Even if it means ditching Pettersson and Hughes as part of the tear down we need to bite that bullet because this team has no future as it is currently constructed.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Missing Pearson for the rest of the season hurts. His minimal points and slow skating could really give the team the boost it needs down the stretch. But injuries I guess

Anyways M2Bs keys to the game:

1. double shift OEL Myers
2. bench Pettersson and Hughes
D. send Horvat, Brock Boeser and Kuzmenko out to pick up easy points in garbage time when its 7-1 Tampa
5. Get Stillman back in there and give him 20 minutes minimum

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Top 3 Powerplay vs 32nd PK.

If (when) Canucks start taking penalties due to being out skated it's going to probably go quite badly.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
The shine worn off from Shaw leaving is getting more and drastic everyday.

Back to Travis Green hockey
I thought he were finally on the right path last year.

But we are now back to DEAD LAST in odd man rushes against like we’re for 3 seasons under green.

Reactions: Grantham

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Top 3 Powerplay vs 32nd PK.

If (when) Canucks start taking penalties due to being out skated it's going to probably go quite badly.
Tyler Minors your time is now!

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
I think this is what I will do too… Should be another 6-7 goal game beatdown
I picked up Perry and Killorn. Someone else picked up Paul though. It's hilarious watching the others in my league pick up players that are facing the Canucks.

They face the Panthers/Canes in a B2B this weekend. Goals galore.

ChuckNorris4Cup

May 31, 2018
Even when they played a defensive structure game under Travis, Markstrom and Demko had to bail them out to steal games. Even when they play an offensive structure game under Bruce the goalie has to bail them out to steal games. It's not the coach it's the players it always has been and will continue to be until a new core is founded.

Cough cough: REBUILD

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
How the f*** are we gonna get rid of him anytime soon

Buyout.

2023_01_12_13_44_56_Tanner_Pearson_Buyout_Results_CapFriendly_NHL_Salary_Caps_Mozilla_Firefox.png

He's the most obvious candidate.

Reactions: Canucker

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
We could be in deep trouble in this one. John Cooper recently called out his team after a couple of lackluster performances.

And they're facing a team in the Canucks with AHL goaltending and a porous defense that allows players to get to the front of their own net almost at will. Oh, and did I also mention they're 32nd (dead last) in the league on the PK?

I suppose miracles do happen in the NHL--but rarely to the Canucks.

Reactions: mossey3535

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Buyout.

View attachment 634231

He's the most obvious candidate.

He's not an obvious buyout candidate at all because of the bonus.

Saves 1.8 million next year but you get hit with 900k the next year. So it saves 900k total in cap space.. basically nothing.

He's still an NHL player.

Anyways, not the the thread for it.

Reactions: Vector

tradervik

Hear no evil, see no evil, complain about it
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2007
When Boudreau says OEL is "arguably the Canucks best defenceman", he has to be thinking of his NHL career, not OEL's recent play. Otherwise fans need to start chanting "Bruce there it was".

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
When Boudreau says OEL is "arguably the Canucks best defenceman", he has to be thinking of his NHL career, not OEL's recent play. Otherwise fans need to start chanting "Bruce there it was".
I'm just going to assume it was Bruce's natural instinct to lift up a player that kicked in

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad