Post-Game Talk: [GM41] Canucks lose to Lightning | 4-5 | Garland, Miller, Hughes, and Pettersson

Hoglander

I'm Höglander. I can do whatever I want.
Jan 4, 2019
Midtown, New York
As long as they keep giving Myers big minutes, I'm happy. He's the ultimate tank commander, and every embarrassing loss is like giving the middle finger to Francesco.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Oh, no.

Anyway …
Honestly not the worst thing.

His canucks tenure has been up and down. It's either a 2nd line forward or a 4th liner. No in between. Next season will be his theoretical 2nd line season and he'll be super fresh.

Rather see us move other players before him next season. He's the type of player you can throw on your 4th line and it not be an issue. Or just a versatile lineup guy for defensive responsibility.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Happy trails Tanner don't have to watch you in a canucks sweater anymore is a mild relief

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I guess Pearson can be moved to LTIR now, which might open some things up.

Some line shake up at practice, see what it means for the game.

Not sure if OEL is hurt or sick, or is being scratched.

Shock at first to see Mikheyev on the 4th line.. but the 3rd/4th lines are pretty interchangeable so it doesn't really matter.

Will be interesting if they actually sit OEL. Boudreau has said a few guys are battling injuries and it would be shocking if one of them isn't OEL. Or maybe I'm just being hopeful that this awful version of OEL isn't a completely healthy version.

Reactions: Vector

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
I wonder if (hope) this is one of those "the season is screwed anyways, let's tank" surgeries. Just last week, Bruce was hoping Pearson could make it back for the road trip.
The sad part is that I’m not sure this team takes much of a hit if a good chunk of the players on the team get traded or shut down.

Only way to hurt this team is to keep Demko out since he could easily come back strong or if EP/Kuz or any of the PP1 unit guys are gone. Nobody else really moves the needle.

Guys like Myers/OEL/Boeser being removed wouldn’t really hurt at all if replaced by replacement level 5v5 players

Reactions: supercanuck

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013

Some line shake up at practice, see what it means for the game.

Not sure if OEL is hurt or sick, or is being scratched.

I’d guess hurt or sick. Or Bruce sending a message this morning but will still end up playing him during the actual game since actually scratching OEL seems too ballsy, especially after the Garland backlash.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Will be told he's "hurt" or "sick".

agnes-harkness.gif

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
If Bruce actually does it, my respect for him will definitely go up

How does this quote make you feel?

“We have to scratch a couple players. I think he can be better, but I think there’s a lot of guys that can be better. It’s about accountability. It’s about a lot of things. It’s something you don’t want to do. He’s arguably our best defenceman but sometimes you just have to do what you think is the best thing for the team right at that moment and that’s apparently where I am.”

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
How does this quote make you feel?

“We have to scratch a couple players. I think he can be better, but I think there’s a lot of guys that can be better. It’s about accountability. It’s about a lot of things. It’s something you don’t want to do. He’s arguably our best defenceman but sometimes you just have to do what you think is the best thing for the team right at that moment and that’s apparently where I am.”
Respect gone back down :laugh:

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
We’re halfway there….and livin’ on a prayer.

You could argue OEL has been the best D-man but you’d lose that argument pretty damn quick.

See what happens. Expect it to be a game style the Canucks want to play but they’ll be outgunned and out performed between the pipes.

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
We’re halfway there….and livin’ on a prayer.

You could argue OEL has been the best D-man but you’d lose that argument pretty damn quick.

See what happens. Expect it to be a game style the Canucks want to play but they’ll be outgunned and out performed between the pipes.
This is concerning not because fans think he has been the best D man but because management think fans think that. Big money means good, after the Miller contract and the "he is a 99 point player", selling the money and points rather than the team and now OEL is the team's best defenceman and happens to be the highest paid. Money equals value?

Game #3 of the road trip, odds are they will not lose them all and Tampa has been a little more human this year so far. Stamkos has been relatively quiet up to today.

The Canucks have to play a run and gun game, try to outscore the other team. This is not a good idea vs Tampa, they have 4 good lines and a stout defence with a great goalie, but he will likely sit because it is the Canucks so the backup plays.

This one gets ugly, maybe double digits

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad