GDT: [GM35] Canucks vs Sharks | Sat. Dec 23rd, 7pm | HNIC/SNP | 'Tis the Season...to be #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

thecupismine

Apr 1, 2007

Fits the eyes test too

They allow a lot of shots from perimeter but they also rarely allow odd men rushes

Nah, but we're constantly being outshot, out-chanced, and outplayed according to the "advanced" stat guys! This surely can't be correct!

I swear if people who said "under the hood" actually went under the hood with data like this there'd be way fewer stupid stats argument. Stupid stats arguments gets clicks and engagement though, so my hopes aren't high.

Loving the improved defensive structure team-wide - team is converting way more off-nights into Ws this year because they can trust the system to put in the work. Guys don't have to put in herculean efforts & score 5+ just to secure a W anymore (although they've been doing a fine job of that anyways).

Hopefully today the PP gets back into form. Playing against a bad Sharks team should be a confidence boost for the boys if they can pot a couple here.

Reactions: Indiana

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
You kind of wonder with Christmas around the corner, and the Canuck players only having been home a day..what their focus is going to be like.

At this time of year, I always think that the visiting team has the advantage..no distractions..It is what it is.

Hopefully, another Canucks win.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
I do like Tocchet immediately giving Kuz a sink or swim moment. Best way to hopefully get him out of whatever funk is going on is putting him back on Petey's line.

Way I see it, we ride out that top line through most of January and if Kuz isn't producing, then we have to explore trade options.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Studnicka revenge night.

Just kidding, let's get the win go into the break on a high.

logan5

May 24, 2011
Vancouver - Mt. Pleasant
Every time I think the team is going to win, they end up losing. Anyways, this team has that show up every night mentality, so I would expect that this being the last game before the break, they are going to give a good effort and come away with a victory. The 3rd line has been carrying the team lately so I’m predicting the Miller Pettersson lines show up big tonight.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
The only coaching decision that I really didn't like was sitting Kuzmenko against the Sharks last time. Felt like cutting off your nose to spite your face. Moving Kuzmenko back to Pettersson's wing and giving him back his #1 unit PP time feels a lot like when coaches get a new player and immediately put them in a spot to succeed; confidence building maneuver. Also helps that he's pretty essential to the flow of the PP.

As a greater critique on the powerplay, I'd like to see them get away from the Pettersson one-timers from the face-off dot. They are a nice idea but he misses so often and they tend to lead to the puck clearing the zone. This PP is deadly when it maintains possession and constantly flow.

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki

finally. We need Kuz to be part of this team, for sure in the top 6, and glad to see him pack with EP.

I don't mind giving Kuz a spanking now and then to get him with the program, but I don't agree with sitting him for 3 games. EP is a better player with Kuzmenko on his line. Hell, I would rather pull Mik of the line 1st.

Please win this one in a Christmas style present to all us faithful.

Come all us faithful, glorious and triumphant, oh come ye oh come ye all over the sharks.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
One must think this game will be very important for Kuzmenko.

I wouldnt read too much into a good performance against SJ but I would absolutely read a lot into a bad one

overboard

Oct 1, 2020
Vancouver
Classic trap game. Sharks have been playing better of late.

4-5-1 in their last 10.

If our guys work for it, we should win this one. If we snooze on it…

Just the return of Kuz should help counteract that. Smart move by the coaching staff.

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
With all the travel they've done, just the past week alone,, they might not have a lot of zip tonight. But I hope that a rested Kuz can bring his energy and spark the team to a win. It's a Christmas wish. HO HO HO !

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
Classic trap game. Sharks have been playing better of late.

4-5-1 in their last 10.

If our guys work for it, we should win this one. If we snooze on it…

Just the return of Kuz should help counteract that. Smart move by the coaching staff.
I think it's more a case of their opponents taking them lightly and taking the night off for a lock game, only to get outworked. The Sharks are still terrible, but that doesn't mean you can coast against them.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
With all the travel they've done, just the past week alone,, they might not have a lot of zip tonight. But I hope that a rested Kuz can bring his energy and spark the team to a win. It's a Christmas wish. HO HO HO !
They did stay overnight In Dallas after the game. Think teams do that if they have another road game afterwards as I think most often if they have a home game they head out afterwards.

Should treat tonight as a road game for preparation when it came to flying out, sleeping, practice.

Reactions: Canuckle1970
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad