GDT: [GM35] Canucks vs Sharks | Sat. Dec 23rd, 7pm | HNIC/SNP | 'Tis the Season...to be #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Binder

Nov 7, 2011
not sure if this was posted anywhere else
GB-KzCvWcAEXAvw.jpg

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
Looking at the NHL standings right now is surreal. It's a snapshot moment, but a jolt to the senses that we haven't seen this since what - 2012? It probably won't last (league overall), but what a kick that this race also includes the top 3 in the Pacific.

Assuming the Knights, Kings and Nucks continue to battle for the pecking order in the division, I'm torn about how I want it to play out. I prefer 2nd or 3rd so that we play in our own time zone and reduce the travel. If we get 1st place, we could be travelling all the way to Nashville (wild card).

Anyway, that's way down the road. Making the playoffs was the goal, and that's looking good.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown

Mid January return maybe? Excellent timing to load manage Cole

Expected timeframe was 6-8 weeks with 6 weeks coming right before the Flyers game. I'd guess they either play him that game or have him sit out and play the next on January 2nd which would have him out 7 weeks.

Reactions: Indiana

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Looking at the NHL standings right now is surreal. It's a snapshot moment, but a jolt to the senses that we haven't seen this since what - 2012? It probably won't last (league overall), but what a kick that this race also includes the top 3 in the Pacific.

Assuming the Knights, Kings and Nucks continue to battle for the pecking order in the division, I'm torn about how I want it to play out. I prefer 2nd or 3rd so that we play in our own time zone and reduce the travel. If we get 1st place, we could be travelling all the way to Nashville (wild card).

Anyway, that's way down the road. Making the playoffs was the goal, and that's looking good.
Remember the 2011 run. Chicago, Nashville, SJ and Boston. SJ was almost Detroit, who came back from 3-0 down in the series to take it to game 7. No practice if you are traveling 3 plus hours and changing 2 hours in time zone.

Reactions: Indiana

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
Remember the 2011 run. Chicago, Nashville, SJ and Boston. SJ was almost Detroit, who came back from 3-0 down in the series to take it to game 7. No practice if you are traveling 3 plus hours and changing 2 hours in time zone.
And that 1st round with Chicago was a mental and physical nightmare just for starters. Given the amount of travel, it's amazing the number of Cup winners there have been from the west since 2010. Wish we had been one of them.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
And that 1st round with Chicago was a mental and physical nightmare just for starters. Given the amount of travel, it's amazing the number of Cup winners there have been from the west since 2010. Wish we had been one of them.
1982 NHL playoffs. Canucks finished off the Black Hawks only to face a Hall of Fame stacked Islanders team (with I *think* minimal rest time). It would be like if David faced Goliath with only his bare hands.

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
1982 NHL playoffs. Canucks finished off the Black Hawks only to face a Hall of Fame stacked Islanders team (with I *think* minimal rest time). It would be like if David faced Goliath with only his bare hands.
1982 was fun as hell, but we wouldn't have been there if the cocky Oilers hadn't imploded against the Kings. Those early 80's Isles were one of the best teams ever imo. No chance for us, but at least I got to see the beautiful Stanley Cup trophy presented live at Pacific Coliseum.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Phew, yet another game, I am curious if this season is an anomaly or if we typically play 35 games before Christmas on the regular.

This has been brutal but if we can get through the next 6 weeks or so without any major injuries, we'd be setup NICELY for the final leg of the season.

Keep it simple tomorrow, sit Cole, bring Kuz back, and give the Garland line some extra time. I think we take this with authority and go into our break with the wind at our backs, and in Brock's hair.
Makes us being 3rd in p% insanely impressive.

Reactions: Indiana and Flik

LuckyDay

Mar 25, 2011
The Uncanny Valley

Those early 80's Isles were one of the best teams ever imo. No chance for us, but at least I got to see the beautiful Stanley Cup trophy presented live at Pacific Coliseum.

at 7m left in the third Jim Nil receives a pass from Tiger who just made a great forecheck to get the puck and Nil slides it past Smith who unwisely tries to make a standing pole check. It's 5-4.

I can't find it, but what I remember is Har-old Snepts firing a wicked shot in OT which nearly won it for us. We still thought we could do this in game 1 and we almost did.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007

at 7m left in the third Jim Nil receives a pass from Tiger who just made a great forecheck to get the puck and Nil slides it past Smith who unwisely tries to make a standing pole check. It's 5-4.

I can't find it, but what I remember is Har-old Snepts firing a wicked shot in OT which nearly won it for us. We still thought we could do this in game 1 and we almost did.

makes me think of gus adams and feel all warm and fuzzy

happy holidays everyone

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

I would expect that since they split the road trip. Last game before a 4 day break, plus after the Philly game, another 4 day break until the new year. It's a trap game coming off a 4 game 6 day trip and just this 1 home game before the 4 day break.

Can go either way for SJ. Give Demko 6 days between starts and the Philly game. I figure he gets the Philly game either way coming off the break and Desmith gets Ottawa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad