GDT: [GM30] Canucks vs Panthers | Thur. Dec 14th, 7pm | SNP | Lou Ring of Honour Night

Status
Not open for further replies.

LemonSauceD

Instigator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
Absolute L take, go straight to jail, do not pass go, do not collect $200

If Canucks score 5 goals in game 7 and we win 5-4....Luongo wins the Conn Smythe. But you just need one person to blame for failure. It's the same people that blame Hamhuis for trying to hip check Lucic, or the people that blame Thomas for his illegal equipment, or Colin Campbell for his unjustifiable conflict of interest....at the end of it all, we lost, and it wasn't one guys fault, certainly not the guy who literally won two games singlehandedly, allowing zero goals
Go rewatch game 3.

then watch game 6. Cup in the building, all the momentum in the world, and then watch Luongo. . I understand we didn’t score goals, but he quite literally lost us both games cause he couldn’t make a save.

He has a shutout then follows it up with the worst performance ever

Reactions: Zippgunn

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Go rewatch game 3.

then watch game 6. Cup in the building, all the momentum in the world, and then watch Luongo. . I understand we didn’t score goals, but he quite literally lost us both games cause he couldn’t make a save.

He has a shutout then follows it up with the worst performance ever

The only game I blame Luongo for was game 6.

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
Yeah I was at that Game 7 and it never really felt like we had a chance. A defeated team at that point.
Yup and the ten million dollar captain goalie playing like ass the game before had absolutely nothing to do with it. It was injuries and the evil refs and the terrible conspiracy against the Canucks by the NHL and...

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Panthers will be jacked for this game..I think this will be a tougher one , than against TB the other night...They will be playing for Lou even more so than we will be..Our players have no connection to him whatsoever...Not only that, the Panthers were embarrassed last game against the Kraken, so they'll be hungry to rebound.

If the Canucks dictate the pace , they will have a good chance of winning..and stop taking bench minors (3 in the last two games).

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Yup and the ten million dollar captain goalie playing like ass the game before had absolutely nothing to do with it. It was injuries and the evil refs and the terrible conspiracy against the Canucks by the NHL and...

People who still cry conspiracy need to wake up, we lost as a team fair and square.

Reactions: m9

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
The Tkachuk boys always try to run the Hughes boys - bragging rights amongst childhood friends on the line. And as someone else said, the Panthers are one of the most penalized / misconduct collecting / borderline teams to play against. The Canucks need to be ready for a physical (and likely dirty) game.

Hope we pound them!

Regress2TheMeme

Mar 14, 2018
The Tkachuk boys always try to run the Hughes boys - bragging rights amongst childhood friends on the line. And as someone else said, the Panthers are one of the most penalized / misconduct collecting / borderline teams to play against. The Canucks need to be ready for a physical (and likely dirty) game.

Hope we pound them!
I thought the blueline did a great job of playing stiff against Tampa Bay. This will be a bigger test for them. Looking forward to seeing how our heavier defenders handle players like Bennett and Tkachuk down low.

Jay26

Jul 13, 2022
Kamloops
People who still cry conspiracy need to wake up, we lost as a team fair and square.
We lost fair and square but the Bruins were not the better team. I stand by that. We lost it more than they won. It's not sour grapes either since I haven't lost over it in a decade. Just an honest assessment of that trainwreck of a series.

Reactions: alternate and quat

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
We lost fair and square but the Bruins were not the better team. I stand by that. We lost it more than they won. It's not sour grapes either since I haven't lost over it in a decade. Just an honest assessment of that trainwreck of a series.

We still lost, at the end of the day we didn't win.

Reactions: Zippgunn and m9

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011

Nah. The officiating crew and DOPS lost the plot that playoffs. Tampa got really bent over in their series and had every right to be salty as well. And Colin Campbell still had power and influence even when he stepped aside (he should have been canned after that ridiculous email he sent out to Stephen Walkom in 2010), which was a gross conflict of interest given one team having his son on the active roster.

I can accept the fact that we lost to a deep Bruins squad that would have a dominant core for many years after, but there was a lot of horse crap during that playoffs and officiating was piss poor and a departure from what we saw in the years prior. Same thing happened in 2013. We were probably going to lose San Jose anyways, but there was all sorts of non-sense that didn't help matters.

oceanchild

Jul 5, 2009
Whitehorse, YT
Nah. The officiating crew and DOPS lost the plot that playoffs. Tampa got really bent over in their series and had every right to be salty as well. And Colin Campbell still had power and influence even when he stepped aside (he should have been canned after that ridiculous email he sent out to Stephen Walkom in 2010), which was a gross conflict of interest given one team having his son on the active roster.

I can accept the fact that we lost to a deep Bruins squad that would have a dominant core for many years after, but there was a lot of horse crap during that playoffs and officiating was piss poor and a departure from what we saw in the years prior. Same thing happened in 2013. We were probably going to lose San Jose anyways, but there was all sorts of non-sense that didn't help matters.
The NHL is the least professional of the 4 major sports by some margin, and the old boys club is strong. I agree with your assessment of Tampa that year and even when we were up 2-0 in the series I had a bad feeling about things.

Reactions: LemonSauceD

calnuck

Nov 26, 2010
CA
It was pretty bad a huge mental lapse at the time, but that team had zero business being in the 2nd round. Our top 6 wingers that round was Pyatt, Naslund who really was on the decline, Jeff Cowan and Jan freaking Bulis. That team was comically bad and had zero reason to even be in the playoffs, let alone winning a series.

Luongo was superhuman that year and while his stats don't reflect it as being his best season, the eye test really showed how vital he was to being the backbone of the team. That team probably finishes bottom 5 in the league with anyone else in net.
I had completely blocked Taylor Pyatt out of my mind

Reactions: SeawaterOnIce
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad