Post-Game Talk: [GM30] Canucks defeated Panthers | 4-0 (Kuzmenko, Joshua(2), & Boeser) | Tribute to Luuuuuu!

Grumbler

Oct 25, 2012
Solid effort first two periods. Very good defensive game and goaltending. no hiccups from Myers.

However Outshot 15-1 in the third is kinda…We need to get rid of that Vegas series mindset that we can win while being pinned in our zone every game.

Ernie

Aug 3, 2004
During our losing skid, Jeff marek said not to panic. Canucks are a good team, these streaks happen

He’s honestly one of my favourite personalities on the SN team

Losing skid? The Canucks longest losing skid so far this season is 2 games.

If people are panicking over that I question how long they've been fans for.

Even the Canucks most successful season in history had 2 four games losing streaks.

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
when you dont lose games at all, going a few weeks of .500 hockey feels like a losing streak
anyways, its nice to be back with a string of wins, especially with LA losing 3 in a row

Reactions: Indiana and ziploc

Indiana

Mar 17, 2008
Canada
Hey Panthers, you arent scoring many on Demko with those weak ass shots from the outside

Speaking of weak-ass-shots-from-the-outside:

"Meanwhile Vancouver getting dominated on the shot clock as usual, yet PDOing there asses off up 3-0. Must be nice to have a goalie"

3 guesses, which fans said it?

ZKIClW1.gif

TryamkinPleaseReturn

Rapidly Shrinking Cult
Feb 7, 2019
Is it just this new vibe Canucks or does that seem like a pretty winnable road trip?
View attachment 783835
Pretty winnable and pretty losable. If they bring it every game and get decent luck they could take 6+ points. If they start the weekend believing the standings mean anything and they don't get some bounces they could easily go 0-4. Dallas will be a war. Minny and Chicago are classic trap games at weird times. Nashville is a good team.

Feb 20, 2013
Once again busy last night so I had to watch a recording of the game.
Really great to see Suter back in the lineup, getting special teams time, taking key faceoffs and generally looking as good as he did when he left. Really seems like he was given ample recovery time and has come back refreshed - likely a product of the team having depth and playing well meaning they didn't feel the need to rush him. That said, he is far too good to be on the fourth line. You can't break up the Garland - Blueger - Joshua line with how they have played lately, but Suter is a slightly better version of Blueger IMO.

I would ideally like to see Kuzmenko back up with Mikheyev and Pettersson, but would also be fine with Suter on the Pettersson line and Lafferty back to 4C if they want a second faceoff man to ease the load on Pettersson's wrist.

In terms of call-ups, rotating Åman in for PDG in one of the next two games makes sense to me. Ditto with getting Friedman some game time over Juulsen or even Cole vs the Hawks. Might as well make use of your depth and start lightening the workload on older players or whomever is dealing with niggling injuries in these situations. If they are going to call up another player, with all the injuries on the back end for Abby, another forward probably makes the most sense and it would be great to see Raty (waiver exempt) get some NHL pay.

tradervik

Hear no evil, see no evil, complain about it
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2007
Pretty winnable and pretty losable. If they bring it every game and get decent luck they could take 6+ points. If they start the weekend believing the standings mean anything and they don't get some bounces they could easily go 0-4. Dallas will be a war. Minny and Chicago are classic trap games at weird times. Nashville is a good team.
Those weekend back-to-backs at 11am and 12pm PST worry me quite a bit even though they are against the Wild and the Blackhawks.

Reactions: Vector

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
Met a guy last night that ran track in HS with Squire Barnes.

My first thought: “Squire Barnes ran track?”

Just assumed he would have been the waterboy handing out H2O.

Reactions: Vector

Another Empty Netter

Jan 14, 2011
I’ve noticed that in the last few seasons, the game recaps don’t really include hits or fights. Where do you all go to see the ingame hits search them up individually?? Seems like too much work to me

Reactions: stampedingviking

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad