Post-Game Talk: [GM26] Canucks lose to Devils | 5-6 (Miller, Joshua, Boeser, Lafferty, & Hoglander) | Snatching Defeat from the Jaws of Adequacy

logan5

May 24, 2011
Vancouver - Mt. Pleasant
After that Myers gaff, the Canucks went into complete panic mode. I'm serious when I say Myers has a negative psychological effect on the rest of the team. When his teammates see him on the ice, it disrupts their game because they are worried about him being out there, and for good reason - he makes major mistakes time and time again. Why Tocchet was playing him in the last 2 minutes is beyond me.

LordBacon

CEO of sh*tposting
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Hong Kong
After that Myers gaff, the Canucks went into complete panic mode. I'm serious when I say Myers has a negative psychological effect on the rest of the team. When his teammates see him on the ice, it disrupts their game because they are worried about him being out there, and for good reason - he makes major mistakes time and time again. Why Tocchet was playing him in the last 2 minutes is beyond me.
That was exactly what happened.
The energy shifted the moment Myers f***ed it up. We all know what happened next.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
I know no media member has the balls to ask Tocchet what he sees in Myers and why he played him against Jack Hughes lmao

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
I still can't get over this play by Ian Cole. He has literally every other Canuck on the other side for support and he does a behind the back rim where the Devils were overloaded
1701842159085.png

docbenton

Dec 6, 2014
The focus on Myers here is a bit crazy? Awful play by Hronek on the 6-5 goal. Zadorov with an awful giveaway earlier and then should give gotten a penalty on the Hughes breakaway.

I don't really blame Hronek or Zadorov (who was awesome, by the way, if you want to count his good plays). The last goal was on an idiotic giveaway by Cole, Hronek was wide open behind the net and he throws it softly up the boards; Hronek is playing crazy minutes, yes he could have been in better position but he can't be blamed too much on a crazy bounces like that after the puck is lost. That was literally an insane play by Cole.

Zadorov could have been in better position on the second goal, but he also can't anticipate Myers literally passing the puck right to Jack Hughes in that spot. He play strong defense all night, rushed the puck and made great passes in transition and in the O-zone.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
I call it the Dan Cloutier effect.

Team folds like a cheap tent at this point expecting to be behind the 8 ball when he's out there.

Reactions: Nick Lang

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Some very good performances and the team did well to come back from an early 4-1 deficit. JT Miller in particular was a monster. Hoglander's 3rd period might have been the best of his career. Joshua played a great game other than the one penalty.

And also some really bad performances.

That was - by far - Hronek's worst game as a Canuck. Pettersson showed up for the last 10 minutes but was a ghost before that. Zadorov did not acquit himself well. Demko was poor. Terrible late shift for Ian Cole.

And Tyler Myers. f*** me. That was an embarrassment.

Coaches need to be asked some tough questions about how Jack Hughes ended up on the ice so often against Myers or Juulsen, and why the f*** Myers was on the ice with under 2 minutes left.

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
I agree Myers needs to go, he was awful tonight

honestly Hronek wasn't much better. Lost his check a few times tonight, most importantly on the game winner.

Demko was brutal. He made one good save late on Marino but he didn't have a great game at all. Needs to be rested.

Why the f$&k has it taken so long for Tochett to put Hoglander in the top 6?!, It just kills me. We as fans been calling for it forever and what do you know, he was our best forward in the 3rd. I really hope Hogs is stapled as a top 6 player on this team and is given a proper shot.

If everyone had the heart of J.T. then we wouldn't be a subpar team like we've been the past few weeks. The guy wears his heart on his sleeve. Hitting everything that moves, winning faceoffs in the final minutes, scoring goals. He does it all.

Kuzmenko and Mikheyev have been duds.

Gotta do better. Can't battle back after losing by 4, to lose in the last 30 seconds by losing your check. Just brutal.

Coaching staff need to look in the mirror after this one.

Sedinery

May 24, 2021
This is NOWHERE near a playoff team defensively

Myers, Juulsen and Cole are not nhl calibre

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
Jack Hughes 4d chess waiting for Myers to pass to him is hilarious.

The same 100% confidence in incompetence as that play in the bubble where Loui had an open net in the slot, Pettersson has the puck and looks over, sees Loui wide open with an open net and an open passing lane, and opts to pass back to the blueline instead.

brock hughes007

Sep 12, 2019
victoria
Really doubting this coaching staff’s ability to assess on ice talent

It took Hogs to stand on his head to get off the last line yet Myers f’s up continually yry somehow he is Tocchet’s shut down d man?
This was all on the coaching tonight.Hogs needs to stay in the top 2 lines,period.Demko should have been pulled,,,and ffs,,,SEND MYERS TO ABBOTSFORD...The guy is dumb as a bag of nails...

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Onto Minnesota where we really need this W.
Also, f*** Myers.

Rutherford and Allvin had the balls to buy out OEL, they can f***ing out Myers on waivers.

I don’t f***ing care, this should’ve been at least 1 point out if this.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Oh Well.....at least Boeser, Hughes. Petterson and Miller padded their league-leading stats.

But a couple of random observations. There is absolutely 'zero' chance, I mean zero, that Myers and Garland finish the season in Vancouver. Allvin and Rutherford are just biding their time.

And Demko has to be better. And this game isn't just a one-game anomaly. His positioning seems off; and he's coughing up some bad rebounds. You just can't give up a winning goal in the last minute. Canuck defense for some reason kept trying to force pucks up the wall, and then losing possession.

One of the worst games of the season for defensive breakdowns. Unfortunately the defensive diligence that was so evident early in the season, has really slipped recently. And their PK continues to trend in the wrong direction.

cc

Feb 28, 2002
Hronek has been great offensively and compared to the rest of our defense, he’s competent.

But he’s been below average defensively, which is exactly how he was advertised.

He’s an offensive defenceman, not an all around solid defenceman.
I think Hughes has been carrying hronek defensively. When he was paired with someone else, he was exposed

Reactions: vadim sharifijanov

Slapshot_11

Aug 30, 2006
We need a Mark Spector type media idiot who will ask Tocchet what the hell Myers was doing out there in the last 2 minutes. Everybody there at the arena and watching at home knew something bad was going to happen...
As much as that guy is a clown, he'd actually ask tough questions

Reactions: logan5
Feb 19, 2018
Is it time we as a fanbase boo Myers everytime he touches the puck? Everytime we voice our opinions in the arena some good things happen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad