Pre-Game Talk: [GM25] Canucks @ Flames | Sat. Dec 2nd, 7pm | HNIC/SNP | Zaddy’s Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
Flames seem to be getting into the groove, and we have to get ours back. I'm assuming Demko's in goal tonight.
Let's get some payback from that last game. Petey & Hog scored our only goals in that one.

Wry n Ginger

Water which is too pure has no fish
Sep 15, 2010
Victoria
Zadorov and Myers pair tonight. 6'6"and 6'8". Chaos and destruction awaits.

Hope the 'Nucks destroy them and we all have a fun relaxing night.

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
Until Big Zaddy came home, Juulsen was our most physical dman by a significant margin. His play has stabilized of late as well. Freidman is fine, but imo Juulsen is clearly the better player.

As long as Juulsen is the 6th best dman dressed, I'm fine with him being in the lineup. Freidman and Irving in the press box until Sousy (or Bear) are ready to go.

Reactions: Grantham

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Yeah I'm not a fan. I would have paired Zadarov with someone a little more stable so he can get acclimated to the team in a slightly less erratic way.
I just noticed that Myers played with Z in Buffalo..so maybe some familiarity there.

Flames are something like 8-3-2 lately..on fire.

Reactions: Flik

Bojack Horvatman

IAMGROOT
Jun 15, 2016
I just noticed that Myers played with Z in Buffalo..so maybe some familiarity there.

I wouldn't read too much into it. They played on the same team for about 50 games 9 seasons ago, and Zadorov was just breaking into the league. I just think it's that with Hughes-Hronek being a set pairing, there is really 2 combinations of LHD-RHD pairs without substitution.

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
@SeawaterOnIce it is going to happen

Trying to defend with Myers is like trying to ride a giraffe. Oh wait, there's a gif for that.

rodeo-giraffe.gif

Reactions: Ozone

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Zadorov and Myers pair tonight. 6'6"and 6'8". Chaos and destruction awaits.

Hope the 'Nucks destroy them and we all have a fun relaxing night.

Thing is, Myers plays like he’s Garlands size and this pairing can really bleed goals against … not sure I like this combo. Who’s going to defend? Both are terrible cycle defenders. If opposition sets up, it’s going to be a goal or high quality chance.

I wouldn't read too much into it. They played on the same team for about 50 games 9 seasons ago, and Zadorov was just breaking into the league. I just think it's that with Hughes-Hronek being a set pairing, there is really 2 combinations of LHD-RHD pairs without substitution.
You can break up 17/43 now. The new car smell has worn off them the last couple weeks they haven’t been great.

But this is our “win one” game. Next game is the “lose one”.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Until Big Zaddy came home, Juulsen was our most physical dman by a significant margin. His play has stabilized of late as well. Freidman is fine, but imo Juulsen is clearly the better player.

As long as Juulsen is the 6th best dman dressed, I'm fine with him being in the lineup. Freidman and Irving in the press box until Sousy (or Bear) are ready to go.

Attachments

• IMG_7818.gif
    IMG_7818.gif
    864.8 KB · Views: 1

Tact

Jul 9, 2006
Maybe Tocchet thinks Zadorov-Myers pairing can be like Zadorov-Gudbranson for Calgary.

Apparently that pairing had success - lol I think we better have the popcorn ready for tonight

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
From someone who hasn't seen a lot, is Zadorov literally as mistake-prone as Myers, or not so bad? I guess we'll see shortly.

Burke's Evil Spirit

Oct 29, 2002
San Francisco
Zadorov and Myers are both mistake prone but I'm assuming they're going to be sheltered 3rd pair minutes (behind Hughes-Hronek and Cole-Friedman), which ought to be good.

Flames signed Mark Pysyk today, he missed all of last season with a torn Achilles. Always liked him, would be cool if he could resurrect his NHL career.

Tact

Jul 9, 2006
Here’s an interesting development;

Zadorov-Myers become one of the best 2nd/3rd pairing in the league

Today is when the legacy begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad