Post-Game Talk: [GM21] Canucks defeat Kraken | 5-1 (Blueger, Joshua, Lafferty, Hoglander, & Mikheyev) | Return of Aman

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Good follow up to the Colorado game.

Finish it off tomorrow and head home after a solid road trip.

Really liked Aman, Hog, Joshua, and Miller up front. Wonder who draws out tomorrow for Kuz. I would sit Beau but I'm guessing it's probably Aman.

If PDG isn't on Miller's line it may as well be him.

Still did some good work on the forecheck but doesn't offer much otherwise.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Hoglander making an outsized impact from very limited icetime. Only played a little over 10 minutes today.

Aman is so good. Great speed, size, and defensive awareness. Uses his limbs to be disruptive in all three zones. Would much prefer him get regular playing time over Beauvillier.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
If Tocchet is willing to sit Kuzmenko, I don’t think many people are immune from it. I don’t imagine he will let Kuzmenko sit for too long, either.

Really nice game from the depth players. Nice to see Aman bag a couple of apples in his debut.

I'm not so sure, I'll have to see it to believe it.

So far Tocchet has only made the easy scratches: young guy, depth guy, or newish skill Euro guy that doesn't play defense.

Hoglander making an outsized impact from very limited icetime. Only played a little over 10 minutes today.

Aman is so good. Great speed, size, and defensive awareness. Uses his limbs to be disruptive in all three zones. Would much prefer him get regular playing time over Beauvillier.

Aman should be a regular and I believe Tocchet knows this but the CBA side of things might put a wrench into that.

Reactions: Vector

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
@Peen you preacher of the Aman church? I'd like to convert.
I am yes.

I think Tocchet is too. He played the shit out of him in preseason and then first time he has the chance to use him, he plays the shit out of him again

I think he has to stick over Beauvillier or PDG in the lineup in one of those bottom six roles.

And Hoglander has outplayed Garland, but I still do worry about trading Garland.

Like I don't understand Garland as a player but whenever he is on our 3rd line, those lines don't get hemmed and killed. So there is utility there? But also small and expensive for that role?

Hoglander has played his way out of being like a Tanev piece to being "opposing teams seeking young productive roster player in exchange for star player"* type trade value over the last few weeks. And i think the call of whether or not you trade him has to be whether or not Tocchet thinks he can trust him without benching him come playoff times and the decision is pretty much just that simple.

* as a part of a larger package obv

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver

So far Tocchet has only made the easy scratches: young guy, depth guy, or newish skill Euro guy that doesn't play defense.

Aman should be a regular and I believe Tocchet knows this but the CBA side of things might put a wrench into that.
Beau traded and Aman in makes the team more rounded and better in terms of cap structure. But we all know the problem with trying to move on from Beau's contract. At some point, though, something's got to give. Having the depth is a blessing right now, but we are still wing-heavy.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I think they said on the broadcast that if Aman plays two more games in the NHL, he's subject to waivers heading back down.

And based on tonight's play, he never should have been sent to the minors in the first place. But because he was waiver exempt, he was the easiest to send out. I doubt he sees Abbotsford again.

And Nils Hoglander is playing like a poor man's Brad Marchand. Clearly he's a pest who's hated out there. The Kraken were gunning for him after he destroyed Tanev with a mid-ice collision. He's definitely a mean little SOB.....and you gotta' love it.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Beau traded and Aman in makes the team more rounded and better in terms of cap structure. But we all know the problem with trying to move on from Beau's contract. At some point, though, something's got to give. Having the depth is a blessing right now, but we are still wing-heavy.
No teams will be able to make trades without taking an expiring like Beauvillier back. I would be pushing him as part of the cost of doing business, and if they have to pay after not making NYI pay them for taking him with two seasons left, that's a big L.

I pointed this out as soon as the trade happened as a weird aspect of the deal, and I genuinely think they actually just misevaluated this player and really thought he could cook.

Reactions: ziploc and Indiana

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
Beauvillier should sit, but probably not going to happen.

Beau has actually been getting better imo, had some nice blocks tonight.

He's not producing like he's needs to be at his cap $$$ but hes had some jump & his details have been good. That's why he's bumped up. I'm much more encouraged with his game the last 3-5 than all the games prior.

If Tocchet is willing to sit Kuzmenko, I don’t think many people are immune from it. I don’t imagine he will let Kuzmenko sit for too long, either.

Really nice game from the depth players. Nice to see Aman bag a couple of apples in his debut.

Kuz sat cause he competely lost his guy on the 3-2 goal in Colorado. Thats who Rick was talking about post game when he said 'we gave them a free goal'. Kuz wasn't focused on where he was supposed to be & the Dman had a free lane to walk in and shoot because of it.

Trying to get the KHL habits out of his game still. He hasn't been the most productive but if he's not making these kind of costly mistakes he'll stay in, like Beauvillier has.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad