Post-Game Talk: [GM21] Canucks defeat Kraken | 5-1 (Blueger, Joshua, Lafferty, Hoglander, & Mikheyev) | Return of Aman

dealwithit

Apr 10, 2011
Vancouver
catfishhoe.PNG

SelltheTeamFrancesco

Aug 11, 2015
I think this was a great road game for the Canucks. Yeah they had a rough stretch in the second but they didn't give a ton of chance and were able to bounce back from it. The pk was great which it need to be because of all the penalties in the first and they even got sh goal. They had the better chances in the game. Also, don't think you could ask for a better third period.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
that was a semi-solid road game. good opening first, great third. this is a funny team that does not seem to mind being caved in or at least does not panic. they trust demko i guess.

great to see the supporting cast score goals.

moiderer

Jul 28, 2021
Vancouver
Not a banner game as we started decent, took too many penalties, and didn't get momentum back until half a game later.

Goaltending helped us survive as some nightmarish D plays by Cole and Juulsen stay fresh in my mind. The top 6 really has pressure getting up the ice and capitalizing on chances right now. The Pettersson line in particular has looked bad, with Petey being the anchor (and Kuzmenko being the goat for it). Didn't think Lafferty fit too well but hard to tell with that line in such a funk.

That said, the third period was outstanding. More heroics from the bottom 6 as I thought all of them played really well. Seattle never had a chance once we got our legs back and goalie difference exaggerated the score a bit. Hoglander looks really impressive, like the kind of hidden weapon other teams had like Seth Jarvis or Ross Colton until they got promoted. Nils Aman steps in and immediately plays well too, outperforming both Beauvillier and PDG.

Seattle has good spurts and basic play, but lacks the high end talent still. Makes sense how inconsistent they are both game-to-game and season-to-season so far.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad