Post-Game Talk: [GM19] Canucks defeat Sharks | 3-1 (Hughes, Lafferty, & Miller) | Shark Livers Are Tasty

CanucksSayEh

Apr 6, 2012
Get Hoglander back on the EP line for a few games. Don't care about chemistry, someone on that line needs to have some bite and actually forecheck to gain possession. All 3 of those guys now are just bumping into defenders after the puck has already been moved.

The ultimate goal should be to have Hogs eventually replace PDG on JT's line.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
This is hilarious. Both these guys suck, so I get equal enjoyment out of their combined insecurities and trash talk of each other.

It honestly sounds like a spat between two 3rd graders in a school yard.

What's the context here anyways? I don't know much about either of these two dudes.

Jay26

Jul 13, 2022
Kamloops
Get Hoglander back on the EP line for a few games. Don't care about chemistry, someone on that line needs to have some bite and actually forecheck to gain possession. All 3 of those guys now are just bumping into defenders after the puck has already been moved.

This is exactly what I'm saying. Nobody on that line has any moxie right now. Pettersson of course makes things happen from time to time but they're definitely not driving play.

bobbyb2009

Sep 3, 2009
This is hilarious. Both these guys suck, so I get equal enjoyment out of their combined insecurities and trash talk of each other.

That is just simply WOW. Why write this stuff and why share it. Just crazy shit. Two guys who clearly don't like each other, but WOW

God

Free Citizen
Apr 2, 2007
Vancouver

I'd probably replace Kuzmenko with Hoglander on that line, but I also think Kuzmenko would be pretty bad anywhere else and he needs to get going, so it'll probably be Mikheyev who drops down... and that would be perfectly fine, he can play anywhere.

Reactions: B-rock

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Pettersson probably is the most talented player on this team but I love watching Miller and Hughes when they are on top of their game and competing hard. They are both are nearly impossible to contain, but in totally different ways.

And bring back Tanev, you cowards.

Feb 19, 2018
Pettersson needs to get his profile on his skate blades changed as he’s falling around everywhere like a couple seasons ago. You can tell even with the points he’s trying too hard with the big pay day coming his way, he looks frustrated.

CanucksSayEh

Apr 6, 2012
Pettersson probably is the most talented player on this team but I love watching Miller and Hughes when they are on top of their game and competing hard. They are both are nearly impossible to contain, but in totally different ways.

And bring back Tanev, you cowards.
I would buy the funk outta this T-shirt.

• Love
Reactions: kanucks25

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Hoglander - Is he a dumb hockey player? It's like a extreme case of ADHD. Said before his motor moves faster than his brain. Shows so little composure when he has the puck in a scoring position. Just too hasty with his passes, stickhandling and decision making. Didn't think he fully deserved a match penalty as both him and LeBlanc seemed to be grabbing each other but there was no need to react like he did. Could easily have lost the game.

In Hoglander's rookie season I always thought to myself "his limbs are too fast for his brain, but once he gets more experience he should be able to put it all together".

I think there's still a good player in there. He just has to mature, both mentally and physically. I think he wants to be a skill player but don't really think he has the talent to be that. Once he learns that he needs to be a details and effort guy first, he will be a valuable piece, because unlike a lot of grinders he does have some skill.

Reactions: B-rock and orcatown

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
The Canucks fans' favorite whipping boy Noah Juulsen actually had a solid game tonight. Of course playing against the Sharks is a lot easier than the Kraken.

But in this game he was physical, moved the puck smartly and looked in complete command back there. Maybe he all he needs is just more playing time, as much as that make some posters shudder.

stampedingviking

Jul 2, 2013
Basingstoke, England
They both had opulent lives and suffered the loss of their mom very young while being raised like child stars yet with less choice in the matter. One actually served in the military and is trying to make a life that hasnt been already written for him. Just a different view on it
Best to ask the soldiers he "served" with about that :D

Reactions: oceanchild

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
In Hoglander's rookie season I always thought to myself "his limbs are too fast for his brain, but once he gets more experience he should be able to put it all together".

I think there's still a good player in there. He just has to mature, both mentally and physically. I think he wants to be a skill player but don't really think he has the talent to be that. Once he learns that he needs to be a details and effort guy first, he will be a valuable piece, because unlike a lot of grinders he does have some skill.
A classic example of a player’s brain never caught up with his hands is actually Connor Garland

Tact

Jul 9, 2006
I didn’t watch the game, only highlights but JT Miller is such a strong force, I think he’s going to be a beast in the post season. Of course, should we get there.

His goal was a perfect example of him outmuscling his opponent with strength to score - those are the type of battles that make you win.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
I don't agree with a lot of Peel's tweets but I can just imagine him like 8 beers deep every night tweeting whatever comes to his mind while watching hockey and I can appreciate that.
He also berates and abuses teenage referees. Peel is a tool. This Peel-Spec thing is a feud between two of the dumbest people in hockey.

• Haha
Reactions: quat and kanucks25

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
Was at the game last night. Some things that stood out:

Beauvillier played a strong game. Very fast and engaged.
Joshua was just a beast. He is huge and he was using his size very effectively and skating well.
That Hughes goal was embarrassingly good.
Demko was Demko.
Hoglander was fast and showed his skill. I was with my sister who hasn't watched a lot of hockey these past few years and she kept asking me, "who's that guy". He really stood out and was effective. Until.... in the rink the slew foot didn't look that bad. It seemed that it was just two guys jostling and Hoglander won. But it was across the ice from us and I didn't see a replay. Is Hoglander our Marchand? :sarcasm:
The Harry and Meghan side show was entertaining. I'll reserve my more cynical comments :)

Reactions: andora

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Solid get-right game. Pretty much controlled it from start to finish. Yeah, it's SJ, but that's what you need to do against them and just get the job done.

Good performances from pretty much everyone on the ice.

Reactions: Vector

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad