Post-Game Talk: [GM19] Canucks defeat Sharks | 3-1 (Hughes, Lafferty, & Miller) | Shark Livers Are Tasty

tradervik

Hear no evil, see no evil, complain about it
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2007
I missed the 1st period. I thought the Canucks began to dominate the Sharks midway through the 2nd. Hoglander’s match penalty obviously put them on the back foot but they came out relatively unscathed thanks to Lafferty’s shorty and cruised home the rest of the third. I don’t get the “we should be worried” narrative some people are trying to sell.

CanucksMJL

Context apologist.
Jul 6, 2009
Did they not elevate Beauvillier and keep the third line the same. And then just dropped Laff and PDG. But why did the switch Beauvillier and PDG is my question?
I thought PDG looked a bit sluggish tonight. Assuming they didn't want to break up Garland and Joshua, then the only options are Beauvillier and Lafferty.

Reactions: Indiana

oceanchild

Jul 5, 2009
Whitehorse, YT
How did Harry wind up with that full head of hair and poor poor William is catching "sexiest bald man alive" awards?
One is a child who blames his family for his hard life (groan) and wrote a book calling himself a spare. Likes to live a life of opulence well rejecting the structure that gave it to him. The other is trying to take over the family business, does all the right things, and has to deal with the British press on the regular. Not to mention he has a douche bag younger brother.

Stress is the answer you seek

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016

scary thing is he is still in a dogfight for the defenceman points lead. makar has 27 points in 17 games and is actually ahead on ppg by .0003.

hughes 1.5879 ppg
makar 1.5882 ppg

What? Yah, Tomlinson is getting better, but...WHAT? Ferraro rates 3 out of 5 Garretts, Tomlinson is still 1 of 5 Garretts. NO ketchup for Tomlinson...
ferraro's best years are behind him and he is coasting. tomlinson still has room to develop.

• Wow
Reactions: B-rock and Indiana

Javaman

Jul 13, 2010
Vancouver
PDG basically got benched the whole third wonder what he did.

I think it's just that we're moving past the afterglow of a small sample size for PDG. He's barely putting up minimally acceptable numbers for a guy playing with two of the top offensive forwards in the league -- he's on pace for 35 points playing alongside Miller and Boeser.

The reality is he's a 30 year-old journeyman who's never established himself as a legit NHL player, nevermind a top 6 forward on a team with playoff aspirations. If he weren't making the league minimum, I think most Canucks fans would be calling for him to be demoted to the AHL.

Nonetheless, I wish him well.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Flames are winning a few games. Would be great if they decide to run for the playoffs and re-sign some big contracts like Lindholm/Tanev and keep them in mediocrity for a few years longer

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
One is a child who blames his family for his hard life (groan) and wrote a book calling himself a spare. Likes to live a life of opulence well rejecting the structure that gave it to him. The other is trying to take over the family business, does all the right things, and has to deal with the British press on the regular. Not to mention he has a douche bag younger brother.

Stress is the answer you seek
They both had opulent lives and suffered the loss of their mom very young while being raised like child stars yet with less choice in the matter. One actually served in the military and is trying to make a life that hasnt been already written for him. Just a different view on it

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby

1700548118522.jpeg

Reactions: Indiana

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Far from a classic and the Canucks struggled at times. Good thing San Jose is as bad as they are. Canucks very lethargic in the first two periods. Miller's goal seemed to drain lot of the life out of the Sharks

Good

Demko - had to be sharp given some of the sloppy play around the net.

Miller - far from his best effort but that goal was important.

Joshua - - if he was a little less awkward around the net could have had a couple. Little to much with the parallel passes to the side but he broke up a lot of plays in every zone and was good on the PK

Hronek - best player in this game. Moved the puck up from the back thru his skating and his passing and covered up in his own zone consistently for the mistakes of others. Overall was better than Hughes. Just huge in turning around this team and establishing dominance in the offensive end..

Hughes - was very good and goal was elite. Gets so you just expect tremendous games out of him and begin to not appreciate how good he is.

Bad

Kuzmenko - some little fancy stuff but his all round play is shoddy. Neither him nor Mikheyev is helping Pettersson who has to cover back so much that it is difficult for him to get his offense going.

Hoglander - Is he a dumb hockey player? It's like a extreme case of ADHD. Said before his motor moves faster than his brain. Shows so little composure when he has the puck in a scoring position. Just too hasty with his passes, stickhandling and decision making. Didn't think he fully deserved a match penalty as both him and LeBlanc seemed to be grabbing each other but there was no need to react like he did. Could easily have lost the game.

Others

Blueger - best game so far. Made some good reads to break up plays.

Boeser - not much in the run of the play. Got set up several times with chances and needs to put these away as he isn't helping the team much if he isn't scoring. Too bad about his skating but I believe he will near fully overcome from the injury he sustained when the idiot Virtanen left the gate open.

Juulsen - was again better but you have to consider the company he was in. Be outstanding if he could build off this effort as he will get severely tested in the next while.

Di Guiseppe - looks like he has the wall in terms of being any kind of offensive threat.

Important win since a defeat to a team like San Jose would have kept the team in downward spiral.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad