GM search 2017 part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

RiotAct

Panickin' 4 Hanifin
Feb 28, 2007
Old Dominion State
so pardon my ignorance, but what is the rule regarding something like this? A person can be named another team's GM while his current team is still in the playoffs?

Rhett4

Buffalo Selects Jack
Jul 9, 2002
Amerks #ROC
so pardon my ignorance, but what is the rule regarding something like this? A person can be named another team's GM while his current team is still in the playoffs?

Once he becomes the GM of the Sabres, he's no longer an employee of teh Pens, so it doesn't matter if they're in the playoffs or out of the playoffts. They're no longer his "current team."

RiotAct

Panickin' 4 Hanifin
Feb 28, 2007
Old Dominion State
Once he becomes the GM of the Sabres, he's no longer an employee of teh Pens, so it doesn't matter if they're in the playoffs or out of the playoffts. They're no longer his "current team."

Gotcha. Maybe the "rule" I was thinking of only applies to lateral moves between organizations, and not promotions?

jcbeze

Dec 27, 2005
Gotcha. Maybe the "rule" I was thinking of only applies to lateral moves between organizations, and not promotions?

I think we are waiting as a courtesy to the Pens organization. Announcing mid series could be a distraction for them.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
If we don't get an announcement by Friday than hes not coming over until Pens are eliminated.

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
Well shoot, we should have totally done that then! ;)
Definitely, and weasel a pick out of it or something.
Do you know who would have, just to have a future considerations card to play with Washington? Murray.
Murray would have announced the ..hire of uh Botterill as ..GM.
I've got nothing.

Thorton02

Feb 6, 2009
At what point does Botts have to be with the Pens in order to get a ring if they win the SC? Is that a management decision if he leaves for Buffalo now, or are there rules like a player has to dress for so many games to have his name appear on the Cup?

Montag DP

Sabres fan in...
Apr 4, 2007
...Maryland
At what point does Botts have to be with the Pens in order to get a ring if they win the SC? Is that a management decision if he leaves for Buffalo now, or are there rules like a player has to dress for so many games to have his name appear on the Cup?
I don't think there's any rule about that. I also can't see our management being okay with waiting to hire him until (potentially) after the SCF. If anything, maybe he's already been hired and working and they're just waiting to announce it.

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
I don't think there's any rule about that. I also can't see our management being okay with waiting to hire him until (potentially) after the SCF. If anything, maybe he's already been hired and working and they're just waiting to announce it.

Yeah, there's no way we're waiting on a candidate until mid-June, potentially. If he's not announced today or tomorrow, it isn't happening. We can't put off draft prep and expansion prep until the Pens get eliminated...though I can totally understand delaying the announcement that he's the guy until the Pens closed out Washington.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad