Management GM Pierre Dorion/Front Office Thread - Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
This site was great when every thread wasn't filled with sycophants excusing the last 6 years of shit they put the fans through.
6 years? We were literally playing game 7 in the conference finals exactly 5 years ago on this day.

The site was great when people weren't constantly devising lies and fabrications, trying to revise history.

Reactions: aragorn

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
6 years? We were literally playing game 7 in the conference finals exactly 5 years ago on this day.

The site was great when people weren't constantly devising lies and fabrications, trying to revise history.

Oh Em Gee I said 6 instead of 5 years of shit plus many more of having one of the most toxic owners in sports and a GM who puts his foot in his mouth regularly.

I remember when it was ok to call a spade a spade until people like you turned into full time trolls.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Oh Em Gee I said 6 instead of 5 years of shit plus many more of having one of the most toxic owners in sports and a GM who puts his foot in his mouth regularly.

I remember when it was ok to call a spade a spade until people like you turned into full time trolls.
Got your facts wrong? Whatever maaaan! Blah blah blah owner… manager… anger!

Look man, when you’re finished having a strange billionaire, who is now dead, leading your emotional self around like a dog on a leash, feel free to rejoin those of us who like to watch, and discuss, the hockey team on the ice, that plays the game of hockey.

It’s you that changed dude, some of us have stayed the same Ottawa Senators fans we’ve always been.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
On top of the fact that he had conditioning/motivation issues. And they weren’t going to pay 5+ million to put up with that. Frustrating to watch and clearly he was not going to be the player he that we see in NYR.
Looks like all that was a false concern ultimately. Mika has done well for the Rangers. Our loss, their gain. Oh well, that's how it works some times.

Reactions: BonHoonLayneCornell

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Dorion has survived off of the work of Trent Mann - that’s the only thing that has gone well since he took over as GM. He sucks at everything else, but things can change.

If he gets this right and completes the rebuild then I’ll be happy, but until he actually makes a move he wins - trading Nick Paul for Joseph wasn’t a win just for the record - he will remain an incompetent GM who flails around press conferences making promises he never fulfills. His idea of improving isn’t the same as the fans.

Simply put he needs to hit 3 home runs this summer to get this team into the playoffs (shed about $10 million in salary, fix the defence, add a legit top 6) - I don’t think he can do it but I want to be proven wrong

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Got your facts wrong? Whatever maaaan! Blah blah blah owner… manager… anger!

Look man, when you’re finished having a strange billionaire, who is now dead, leading your emotional self around like a dog on a leash, feel free to rejoin those of us who like to watch, and discuss, the hockey team on the ice, that plays the game of hockey.

It’s you that changed dude, some of us have stayed the same Ottawa Senators fans we’ve always been.

Back to this “some of us are just better fans” argument, just eat what the team feeds you, Leafs fans should just be happy to be on the ice with 2 time champs enjoy their choke job like a normal fan.

Rebuilds are when brother turns on brother but the ones who remain faithful will be saved in the end. Hahaha, the saying of the ultimate follower

Reactions: L'Aveuglette

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Dorion has survived off of the work of Trent Mann - that’s the only thing that has gone well since he took over as GM. He sucks at everything else, but things can change.

If he gets this right and completes the rebuild then I’ll be happy, but until he actually makes a move he wins - trading Nick Paul for Joseph wasn’t a win just for the record - he will remain an incompetent GM who flails around press conferences making promises he never fulfills. His idea of improving isn’t the same as the fans.

Simply put he needs to hit 3 home runs this summer to get this team into the playoffs (shed about $10 million in salary, fix the defence, add a legit top 6) - I don’t think he can do it but I want to be proven wrong
Yet another post on what he needs to do. It's funny how many guys there are on the internet that could do the job better.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
It'll be a great day when the mods enforce the rules about trolling, flaming and attacking other posters on here with an even hand. The amount of personal attacks on here that are going unchecked is getting insane.

Agreed. I will ask some additional mods to start helping out.

It’s summer… go outside and play in the sandbox.

It might help to shut down the usual argumentative threads, and keep it sane until post draft/trades.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad