Management GM Pierre Dorion/Front Office Thread - Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Nice quote from Elliote Friedman - thanks u/613toes

"The thing I worry is that when you have young players, and I know this is tough for Sens fans to do but just leave the status of the organization out for a second. When I look at that lineup of young players, Tkachuk, Chabot who I think has played very well for a lot of this year, Norris, Pinto even though he's been hurt, Batherson, all the young guys that have got there and the ones that aren't there yet but are coming: the Sandersons, the Bernard-Dockers, those kinds of players. I beleive in it, and I think their fans want to believe in it. Look, there's a lot rumours, Is Melnyk Selling? What's kinda going on behind the scenes there? You know he's still talking about a downtown arena, I mean things are kind of all over the map.

The commissioner protects his owners and I get it. But at what point do you say we've got a group of young guys here and we can't let the overall instability or the way the franchise is run at the top affect them. Because right now you're worried they're getting used to lose--- I don't think they accept losing, I don't think that's right. But you get used to losing and losing becomes a part of your existence. I've seen too many young players in sports, not just hockey, be affected by losing. It hurts their careers.

And you know Jeff that's why I look--- At some point in time is the league going to have to step in here and say we have to have this franchise run a different way? It's not enough to just say--- and look I know there are people in Ottawa who believe this: we get a downtown arena and everything is going to be okay. Yea but even if they put the shovel into the ground tomorrow, how long is that away. You have to build stability around these players. You have to give them a feeling that they have a chance to win. And I just think right at the top, I wish the league would get to a point where they'd step in and say okay, there's a way we're going to demand that this organization is run."

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

"The thing I worry is that when you have young players, and I know this is tough for Sens fans to do but just leave the status of the organization out for a second. When I look at that lineup of young players, Tkachuk, Chabot who I think has played very well for a lot of this year, Norris, Pinto even though he's been hurt, Batherson, all the young guys that have got there and the ones that aren't there yet but are coming: the Sandersons, the Bernard-Dockers, those kinds of players. I beleive in it, and I think their fans want to believe in it. Look, there's a lot rumours, Is Melnyk Selling? What's kinda going on behind the scenes there? You know he's still talking about a downtown arena, I mean things are kind of all over the map.

The commissioner protects his owners and I get it. But at what point do you say we've got a group of young guys here and we can't let the overall instability or the way the franchise is run at the top affect them. Because right now you're worried they're getting used to lose--- I don't think they accept losing, I don't think that's right. But you get used to losing and losing becomes a part of your existence. I've seen too many young players in sports, not just hockey, be affected by losing. It hurts their careers.

And you know Jeff that's why I look--- At some point in time is the league going to have to step in here and say we have to have this franchise run a different way? It's not enough to just say--- and look I know there are people in Ottawa who believe this: we get a downtown arena and everything is going to be okay. Yea but even if they put the shovel into the ground tomorrow, how long is that away. You have to build stability around these players. You have to give them a feeling that they have a chance to win. And I just think right at the top, I wish the league would get to a point where they'd step in and say okay, there's a way we're going to demand that this organization is run."
Put a rink downtown when everyone working from home indefinitely then people will complain downtown is too far and traffic is too congested for an arena.

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
New thread = mandatory reminder that the rebuild......

giphy.gif

Poor Pierre.

Reactions: JimmySpaetzle

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Wally says it like it is' Love the fox in the henhouse .. from about 26 minutes

I am so glad that its become mainstream that Dorion absolutely sucks at his job and he has to go.
There will always be clingers on but they are becoming more and more insignificant.

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010
Wally says it like it is' Love the fox in the henhouse .. from about 26 minutes

I am so glad that its become mainstream that Dorion absolutely sucks at his job and he has to go.
There will always be clingers on but they are becoming more and more insignificant.

Interesting that DJ wasn’t a fan of the Murray signing when it happened, hadn’t heard that before.

umma gumma

Apr 8, 2005

Looks like he's echoing what most of us have been saying for a while now: this team hasn't been run correctly in years. Gary knows this, that's why I'm not worried about the team moving; Melnyk hasn't really been trying. Its not all about spending to the cap.

Reactions: aragorn

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
Totally mainstream.

You know more media personalities will start to say it. Ian and Brent are no longer associated with TSN which will probably not allow many of its employees to trash the team that helps pay its bills, but the outside media will soon catch on.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
You know more media personalities will start to say it. Ian and Brent are no longer associated with TSN which will probably not allow many of its employees to trash the team that helps pay its bills, but the outside media will soon catch on.

What are they catching on too? Bell media as well as any other mainstream media outlet will not start trashing Dorion. Never. Not good for business, nor is it professional.

Wally got buried and he wants revenge.

Reactions: aragorn

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
What are they catching on too? Bell media as well as any other mainstream media outlet will not start trashing Dorion. Never. Not good for business, nor is it professional.

It is not about trashing, it is about speaking the truth, now whether or not that truth looks good or not is out of our control.

Saying that Dorion should be fired for building a terrible team is not trashing per se.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
It is not about trashing, it is about speaking the truth, now whether or not that truth looks good or not is out of our control.

Saying that Dorion should be fired for building a terrible team is not trashing per se.

Agreed. You can say that the team needs to go in a different direction. Or the team needs a change. Whatever you want to call it, saying that Dorion is not the best person for the job is not "trashing" anyone.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008

Wally got buried because he was telling the truth. How could you even say it’s not good for business, the NHL thrives off this kind of stuff. Sure it’s not good for Dorion’s business because he sucks so much, but it’s good for the broadcasting business and that’s what they do.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Agreed. You can say that the team needs to go in a different direction. Or the team needs a change. Whatever you want to call it, saying that Dorion is not the best person for the job is not "trashing" anyone.
I with this too, but I think what he meant was that those media outlets aren’t going to pull a Brent Wallace. Suggesting that change is needed or might be in the works, is different.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Wally got buried because he was telling the truth. How could you even say it’s not good for business, the NHL thrives off this kind of stuff. Sure it’s not good for Dorion’s business because he sucks so much, but it’s good for the broadcasting business and that’s what they do.

Wally got buried because he bit the hand that fed him. It was his choice, but if he wanted to stay with TSN it was a foolish move.

I’m not sure why anyone doing team coverage for the company that bought coverage rights would talk smack about the owner of the team, I’m not sure he thought it through.

None of that is good for TSN, undercutting their own product is foolish; that’s just common sense. Guys from the Citizen or Le Droit or something are the guys who can be critical, or the Athletic as we see from Mendez.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Put a rink downtown when everyone working from home indefinitely then people will complain downtown is too far and traffic is too congested for an arena.

What a lame-ass argument. People have been clamoring for it and if it's built properly with entertainment and food spots around it, people will come in droves. Lebreton isn't far from many residential areas either so people working from home in no way affects attendance.

Seriously man, give your head a shake.

SensontheRush

Never said it was Sunshine
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa
What a lame-ass argument. People have been clamoring for it and if it's built properly with entertainment and food spots around it, people will come in droves. Lebreton isn't far from many residential areas either so people working from home in no way affects attendance.

Seriously man, give your head a shake.

I was pretty sure he was sarcastic haha.

Hard to tell nowadays.

Reactions: AchtzehnBaby

HSF

Sep 3, 2008

Wow if Elliott is saying it there are some legs to this

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002

Wally got buried and at the same time freed to speak about what he knows - welcome to sports radio, this is nothing. It’s a story that the Sens suck, that the GM blows, and it’s interesting to hear why from people who know more than say…you do.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Wally got buried because he bit the hand that fed him. It was his choice, but if he wanted to stay with TSN it was a foolish move.

I’m not sure why anyone doing team coverage for the company that bought coverage rights would talk smack about the owner of the team, I’m not sure he thought it through.

None of that is good for TSN, undercutting their own product is foolish; that’s just common sense. Guys from the Citizen or Le Droit or something are the guys who can be critical, or the Athletic as we see from Mendez.
I guess Wally wanted to be a man and speak up against things he felt were wrong, did they result in him being let go? Probably ya but at least he has his cojones still

Reactions: BonHoonLayneCornell
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad