Management GM Pierre Dorion/Front Office Thread - Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

RyCam

Nov 3, 2016
The current Leafs are lot like the Sens of the early to mid 2000s and, to be honest, I'd much rather have those Sens back than the shitshow we have right now.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
The current Leafs are lot like the Sens of the early to mid 2000s and, to be honest, I'd much rather have those Sens back than the shitshow we have right now.

Oh hells no!!!!

Unless of course we can make different decisions. f***ing Gary Roberts.

Was available, just needed to try one year, just a little.

No chance I want to watch all that again. It’s a bit of a blessing that TO fans are experiencing the same soul crushing. Just a shame that it’s at the hands of the Habs and Bruins instead of us.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Why would you want to follow Toronto's example and not that of a team that has enjoyed some playoff success? Its all I'm getting at. Toronto have a lot to prove still. It doesn't matter what they may do, they haven't done it. Other teams have.

I'm not saying we replicate the the Leafs exact model but focusing on skill in the highest skill league in the world is generally a good model.

Once upon a time the Blackhawks, Penguins, Capitals and Lightning had done nothing. They were good, skilled teams that could get better. Let's follow their model.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton

I was a fan of Lalime back in the day as a kid, but if the the Leafs were to have their own consistent Lalime during big games, that'll be some solace!

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I'm not saying we replicate the the Leafs exact model but focusing on skill in the highest skill league in the world is generally a good model.

Once upon a time the Blackhawks, Penguins, Capitals and Lightning had done nothing. They were good, skilled teams that could get better. Let's follow their model.

All of those teams were able to draft some pretty generational talent first over all. Some had multiple cracks.

Let’s not try and follow models of teams that have been able to draft far better players than we have 1st over all. Let’s look to the bruins and blues of the world.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
All of those teams were able to draft some pretty generational talent first over all. Some had multiple cracks.

Let’s not try and follow models of teams that have been able to draft far better players than we have 1st over all. Let’s look to the bruins and blues of the world.

Fine lets use the Blues, Hurricanes or Panthers as models. And the Bruins minus what they did in the 2015 draft.

Lots of ways to be a good team. but to have shallow top end skill and shallow depth skill isn't it.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Fine lets use the Blues, Hurricanes or Panthers as models. And the Bruins minus what they did in the 2015 draft.

Lots of ways to be a good team. but to have shallow top end skill and shallow depth skill isn't it.

Well yeah, but the winners without all the gen talent are the models that we have to work towards.

We’ll get there. Our top young talent needs NHL experience still.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Didnt feel that way from the outside looking in. Heatkey, Alfie, Soezza - how he butted heads with Hasek and that big red headed Dman who hates everyone. He didn’t meet a single NHL coach in Ottawa that he liked.
Murray nostalgia in this town is real - his teams played brutal hockey and he was given a Cup finalist and turned it into a franchise that struggled for respectability. And then recommended Pierre Dorion for the job. He also was coaching a Cup finalist and got the GM fired - which was a huge mistake

and he started the “Mr. Melnyck” thing which seemed childish
Boy is this innacurate. He also built the Anaheim team and was an amazing coach at the NHL level. Muckler dismantled the sens not him.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Boy is this innacurate. He also built the Anaheim team and was an amazing coach at the NHL level. Muckler dismantled the sens not him.

Chris Pronger and Scott Neidermeyerr were the Anaheim team - Murray had nothing to do with that.

good coach for sure. A smart owner would of left him there as coach and allowed Muckler another shot at the finals. Team discipline and team standards took a huge dive under Murray. Within months of him taking over the entire thing fell apart - the once proud Senators fell off a cliff, and it’s never been the same since.

Murray backstabbed Muckler to get the GM job and that culture of Ass-kissing the owner and lowered organizational standards have led us to where we are today

Reactions: Ice-Tray

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria

I wish Murray had stayed on as coach. He was by far and away my favourite Sens coach. By far!

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Chris Pronger and Scott Neidermeyerr were the Anaheim team - Murray had nothing to do with that.

Acquiring Pronger and Neidermeyer was easy for anyone in the gm role, Neidermeyer wanted to play there and giving up assets (Anaheim had loads because of Murray's drafting) for a disgruntled Defender in Pronger wasn't exactly hard.

Murray assembled the depth in that Ducks roster. Sure he didn't finish it off like Burke did, but Murray put the foundational pieces there, had quality vets and drafted pieces that were key in the future (Getzlaf and Perry come to mind).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad