Management GM Pierre Dorion/Front Office Thread - Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Aggozino and Sokolov are expected to go back down, and Paul is expected to slot back at wing when Pinto and Norris are back.

I suspect Shaw and Sabourin would take White and Tkachuk's roster spots,

Baring a pick up I suspect you’re right, though it looks like Kelly is almost ready as well.

Also, word is that Brady will sign Monday so no biggie.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Shaw and Sabourin both making the team opening night is a hell of an indictment of this GM…who I was told was very busy all summer. There are so many better options that were available on waivers.

So we've got White, Watson and Bishop hurt. We've got Tkachuk not signed. and we've got a couple guys in Belleville knocking on the door. Those guys are short term filler that allows the kids that need a bit more development time time to develop

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Baring a pick up I suspect you’re right, though it looks like Kelly is almost ready as well.

Also, word is that Brady will sign Monday so no biggie.

Where did you hear Tkachuk is signing Monday?

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
So we've got White, Watson and Bishop hurt. We've got Tkachuk not signed. and we've got a couple guys in Belleville knocking on the door. Those guys are short term filler that allows the kids that need a bit more development time time to develop
Very poor risk management if anything. Business 101. If 3 of your worst players get hurt at any given time there should really be a way to mitigate playing those players in question.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Very poor risk management if anything. Business 101. If 3 of your worst players get hurt at any given time there should really be a way to mitigate playing those players in question.

Right... And so we sign a league vet for 1 million that maybe plays 20 games when injuries are at their worst which causes 40 pages of traffic in here about a useless vet taking up time that a prospect should be playing

I agree, those guys shouldn't be playing but we're pretty banged up and you can't have 16 guys up front on one ways either

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
The center is where we need the most help,we can manage the wingers ...But White and Bishop being hurt ,really stings the bottom 6

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
The center is where we need the most help,we can manage the wingers ...But White and Bishop being hurt ,really stings the bottom 6
Wish he would have traded for one of the top 6 centres rumoured to be available like Sean Monahan

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I think in 3 yrs the Sens could have Chabot, Sanderson & Kleven on the left side, they all seem very capable & Kleven has shown he can skate & has some skills. At that point I expect that JBD will be an everyday player, Zub may still be around & Ottawa would have drafted a top pairing RD by then.

I also expect that Roger could be a decent RD for them down the road. While it seems far away it is slowly coming together. Chabot & Zub are the only two D that I would keep from this current group.

Many "ifs" for those young Defencemen: Keleven, JBD and Roger (plus Thomson).

I think we need another high end D prospect that hopefully could be obtained with a high draft pick.

Reactions: aragorn

IlTerrifico

Oct 24, 2016
Who would have guessed that as FYOUS is about to kick off on Thursday that we would be looking at the lists of available scraps with 10 point/-20 potential to fill out several positions.....except of course everybody. Outside of a .940 save percentage for the year, this will be 5 years without a playoff sniff....and counting.

Reactions: Cosmix
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad