Management GM Pierre Dorion/Front Office Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
Another moment in the game. We see Dorion check his phone and walk around. Since two weeks, he’s seem tired

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
That deleted tweet and the cup throw today tell me he's getting canned.

I don't know if I necessarily agree, but both DJ and Pierre seem pretty stressed out.

We've got 20 games left and the coach has already decided that we're a two-defense pairing team exclusively. Why? Looks to me like a guy who feels as though his job isn't secure - like he needs to win as many games as possible from here on out.

Dorion has seemed really on edge to me as well. You often see him pacing around the pressbox during games and overreacting to results.

I think Euge had higher expectations for this season and both guys are feeling the heat.

JaredCowen4Norris

Jul 9, 2020
I don't know if I necessarily agree, but both DJ and Pierre seem pretty stressed out.

We've got 20 games left and the coach has already decided that we're a two-defense pairing team exclusively. Why? Looks to me like a guy who feels as though his job isn't secure - like he needs to win as many games as possible from here on out.

Dorion has seemed really on edge to me as well. You often see him pacing around the pressbox during games and overreacting to results.

I think Euge had higher expectations for this season and both guys are feeling the heat.

Yeah I just don't see how that's the frustration of a guy who's just upset about losing an OT game.

Technically the FYOUS were supposed to start this year. It would be crazy to think that Melnyk would actually expect the team to be competitive, but it's not unlike something he would do. Dorion doesn't even really deserve to get fired at this point because this season is a write-off. Now if Dorion told Melnyk the team would be competitive this season then it does kind of fall onto him, whether it's realistic expectation or not.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
Serious question: if Melnyk theoretically fired Dorion, who the hell would conduct the search and interviews for a new GM? We don't have a POHO so does it default to Melnyk? I find it hard to believe he thinks he's going to find someone at Dorion's pay scale who would be qualified enough for the position.

Reactions: MilesNewton

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Serious question: if Melnyk theoretically fired Dorion, who the hell would conduct the search and interviews for a new GM? We don't have a POHO so does it default to Melnyk? I find it hard to believe he thinks he's going to find someone at Dorion's pay scale who would be qualified enough for the position.

Would imagine that the NHL office would be involved to a substantial degree. They solicited and recommended candidates for the POHO gig before it became overwhelmingly obvious that it was a sham.

They have a vested interest in seeing all their member clubs in a stable state.

WORLDSTARHIPHOP

Sens <<<<<<<<<< NHL
May 31, 2008
Bruh does Melnyk really think we're suppose to win when our d corps is 30 min Chabot and a russian we lucked into signing from the KHL????? And recently Reilly of course who must've taken the f***ing pill from Limitless

Reactions: TheNewEra

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
Bruh does Melnyk really think we're suppose to win when our d corps is 30 min Chabot and a russian we lucked into signing from the KHL????? And recently Reilly of course who must've taken the f***ing pill from Limitless
Melnyk literally said in the media this isn’t the year they will compete. Dorion isn’t getting fired

Reactions: swiftwin

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005

Now you're shilling for Melnyk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad