Management GM Pierre Dorion/Front Office Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
I don’t understand the reaction. It’s a meaningless game in the grand scheme of things. Is he pissed at DJ or something?

Pissed at Chabot? We had a 3 on 1 with less than a minute to go. It was a dramatic turn of events. We were so close to winning.

Reactions: SensHulk

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
I don’t understand the reaction. It’s a meaningless game in the grand scheme of things. Is he pissed at DJ or something?

He probably had to push hard to get Melnyk to sign off on that Chabot contract. Him being responsible for losing games is probably putting a lot of pressure on him considering he also gave Murray that contract.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
Lmao, we're 3-0-3 in our last 6 games. Our best streak since 2017.

Dorion is looking awfully stressed and agitated for a man who should be focused on development and not wins/losses.

In the context of our season, this game and stretch had been a success.

But Dorion is up there bursting blood vessels and throwing cups of orange juice in his box. Maybe Melnyk gave him an unrealistic goal that he needs the team to hit. That sounds like a Melnyk type thing to do.

Reactions: DrEasy and gab6511

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
Dorion is looking awfully stressed and agitated for a man who should be focused on development and not wins/losses.

In the context of our season, this game and stretch had been a success.

But Dorion is up there bursting blood vessels and throwing cups of orange juice in his box. Maybe Melnyk gave him an unrealistic goal that he needs the team to hit. That sounds like a Melnyk type thing to do.

Although when you talk about progress; Dorion has clearly moved up from juiceboxes with twirly straws. Im pretty surprised he can drink out of a grown up cup without wearing a bib

Secondly I'm pretty confident that's jungle juice, like when you mix orange and apple juice together. Kids love it

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Yeah I think so too

Spent so much money on useless players. Hes such an embarrassment. Keep the amateur scouts, fire the rest!

I can't wait for the day

Did he tho? Gud only gets 3 million and his contract is done Stephan 2 million and he is probably getting paid by insurance
Dado isn't producing well but it's a weird year and that judgement needs to be made next year.
That leaves Murray I can't stand that contract but that judgement needs another year also

Reactions: Ed Wood

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Lmao, we're 3-0-3 in our last 6 games. Our best streak since 2017.
Our best streak of hockey in 4 years is playing .500 hockey for 6 games? Yeah, that's probably why Dorion is feeling the heat. He's probably getting daily texts from Eugene about Dadanov and Murray's contracts.

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
Did he tho? Gud only gets 3 million and his contract is done Stephan 2 million and he is probably getting paid by insurance
Dado isn't producing well but it's a weird year and that judgement needs to be made nect year.
That leaves Murray I can't stand that contract but that judgement needs another year also

I donno, how much cap space and money was spent on:

Stepan
Murray
Dadonov
J.Brown
Coburn
Gudbranson
Paquette
Galchenyuk

That was his off-season minus Zub and Watson

White and Tierney contracts can be scrutinized as well imo

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Definitely pissed off at Chabot. That's AHL calibre decision-making on the giveaway. That cup thrown by Dorion was meant for Chabot.

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
Our best streak of hockey in 4 years is playing .500 hockey for 6 games? Yeah, that's probably why Dorion is feeling the heat. He's probably getting daily texts from Eugene about Dadanov and Murray's contracts.

Its pretty sad how low the bar has dropped

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
I donno, how much cap space and money was spent on:

Stepan
Murray
Dadonov
J.Brown
Coburn
Gudbranson
Paquette
Galchenyuk

That was his off-season minus Zub and Watson

White and Tierney contracts can be scrutinized as well imo

Colburn and Paquet were brought in because they dumped cap and paid the sens. I don't see Gal on the team and Brown is a 1.2 million dollar player who I honestly thought looked decent the last couple games and I mean for a 1.2 million dollar bottom pairing guy

Reactions: Ed Wood

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
He probably did the “Eugene, please let me spend this money. These are good players, if they don’t work out, fire me!” shtick

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
He probably did the “Eugene, please let me spend this money. These are good players, if they don’t work out, fire me!” shtick

“I believe in Evgeni Dadonov more than anything in my entire life. Tomorrow will be the proudest day of my career.” - Pierre Dorion to Eugene Melnyk, October 14 2020, probably.

Reactions: branch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad