GM game Think tank

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
16 teams wouldnt make the playoffs. I would say 2 conferences with 10 teams, then 4 from each make it.

Cap would still be 70.2 mil. If you are close to the cap, you cant draft expensive guys.

HankTheTankYoLo

Aug 4, 2009
16 teams wouldnt make the playoffs. I would say 2 conferences with 10 teams, then 4 from each make it.

Cap would still be 70.2 mil. If you are close to the cap, you cant draft expensive guys.

that last part i dont think is fair. i think that you can go over the cap with like say max 2-3m. then when the deadline is done u have to be under 70.2 mil.

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
that last part i dont think is fair. i think that you can go over the cap with like say max 2-3m. then when the deadline is done u have to be under 70.2 mil.

Yeah, that's what I meant. Summer cap rules (you can go 10% over, but must be under by the deadline). Forgot to say that. I just meant that if you are close to the cap and two guys are available, a good player at 6mil and a little worse player at 2.5mil, that should be a factor.

Teams close to the cap could also be more likely to trade players for specs/picks if they need to drop $$$

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006

ratio of PO teams would be lower. 8/20 vs 16/30.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Yeah, that's what I meant. Summer cap rules (you can go 10% over, but must be under by the deadline). Forgot to say that. I just meant that if you are close to the cap and two guys are available, a good player at 6mil and a little worse player at 2.5mil, that should be a factor.

Teams close to the cap could also be more likely to trade players for specs/picks if they need to drop $$$

wont be a factor if you allow the 10%... teams closer to the cap who also happen to be the good teams usually, go from having 3 or 4 mil to 11 or 12 mil of cap space... so they'll have enough to get two 6mil players :)

with the 10% thingie, you're back to square one when it comes to competitiveness, the best teams will have the cap space to remain the best teams.

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
ratio of PO teams would be lower. 8/20 vs 16/30.

I know, but has a seed below #4 ever won the cup anyways? It isn't perfect, but it will work

wont be a factor if you allow the 10%... teams closer to the cap who also happen to be the good teams usually, go from having 3 or 4 mil to 11 or 12 mil of cap space... so they'll have enough to get two 6mil players :)

with the 10% thingie, you're back to square one when it comes to competitiveness, the best teams will have the cap space to remain the best teams.

They still have to be under by the end. They can take good players, but they have to trade someone away.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
I know, but has a seed below #4 ever won the cup anyways? It isn't perfect, but it will work

They still have to be under by the end. They can take good players, but they have to trade someone away.

lemme guess, they'll make it by putting guys like Pronger on LTIR, waive guys like Gomez, Shelley, Bouchard or Grossman, and get 20 players teams instead of 22 or 23 players teams (to save 2 or 3 mil), they can also dump their 1.3 or 1.4 mil backup for a 750K one...

and yeah, it would work, thing is, in the end you'll have more or less the same results as you have now trying to make a 30 teams GM game, teams like CBJ and PHX not taken, and others like L.A. or NYR battling for the cup.

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
lemme guess, they'll make it by putting guys like Pronger on LTIR, waive guys like Gomez, Shelley, Bouchard or Grossman, and get 20 players teams instead of 22 or 23 players teams (to save 2 or 3 mil), they can also dump their 1.3 or 1.4 mil backup for a 750K one...

and yeah, it would work, thing is, in the end you'll have more or less the same results as you have now trying to make a 30 teams GM game, teams like CBJ and PHX not taken, and others like L.A. or NYR battling for the cup.

Not agreeing or disagreeing, but it is worth a shot. The worst thing that happens is it is like all other GM games. Best case, it is different.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Not agreeing or disagreeing, but it is worth a shot. The worst thing that happens is it is like all other GM games. Best case, it is different.

while I get why people would want to try it out. One thing is certain, once all the other teams are taken, there will be no one to grab PHX and CBJ. and to those two you could probably add NYI and TB. Just like now.

It's as simple as this, even if you were to add the two best available players, I wouldnt be interested in taking and of the 4 teams I named, and I doubt I'm the only one. Just ask away wich teams peeps would take and wich they would NOT, chances are that those four teams will be part of the NOT list of pretty much everyone.

Presonally, I think that if you really wanna make it work AND hope there's a change of "teams taken", so to speak, you have to have more rounds to pick players so less popular teams can be taken once in a while with hope, at the very least, to make the PO

Last edited:

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
while I get why people would want to try it out. One thing is certain, once all the other teams are taken, there will be no one to grab PHX and CBJ. and to those two you could probably add NYI and TB. Just like now.

It's as simple as this, even if you were to add the two best available players, I wouldnt be interested in taking and of the 4 teams I named, and I doubt I'm the only one. Just ask away wich teams peeps would take and wich they would NOT, chances are that those four teams will be part of the NOT list of pretty much everyone

Isles have been taken. Otherwise, you may have a point, but they are gone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad