GM game Think tank

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
With many of our GM's going to school or going to work we will have some missing spots. We could go if the 30 man GM game but risk not being able to fill the league or we could explore new ideas

If you have any ideas what the next GM game should be post them here

HankTheTankYoLo

Aug 4, 2009
maybe we can like do 1 Conference?

or 15 teams from both conferences becoming one?

or if we are 20 teams. 10 in each conferance etc.

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
We get as many teams as possible in, say three days, and each team picks 6/7/8 Forwards, 3/4 D, and 1 Goalie to keep. All the rest become UFAs. For teams no picked, the Commish/Co Commish/Outside people decide who they keep.

Mike Hasselhoffman

Bell Centre Baywatch
Sep 17, 2011
We get as many teams as possible in, say three days, and each team picks 6/7/8 Forwards, 3/4 D, and 1 Goalie to keep. All the rest become UFAs. For teams no picked, the Commish/Co Commish/Outside people decide who they keep.

This is a great idea, I really like it.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax

my problem with that idea is simply that would we have enough GMs

minion

Oct 6, 2008
Lincoln NE
Each GM gets to pick two or three teams.... those team picks done like a draft, and then make the best 23 man roster from the teams. Have a certain number in reserves/minor for trading...only detail here is what to do about draft picks and prospects

10 gms= 3 teams to make roster
15 gms= 2 teams to make roster

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
Each GM gets to pick two or three teams.... those team picks done like a draft, and then make the best 23 man roster from the teams. Have a certain number in reserves/minor for trading...only detail here is what to do about draft picks and prospects

I would LOVE this.

Mike Hasselhoffman

Bell Centre Baywatch
Sep 17, 2011
Here is my idea:

Option 1:

Fill as many teams as possible within a certain time frame, and for the teams not claimed, have a dissolution draft with their players, round 1 for roster guys, remaining rounds for prospects and remaining roster guys.

Option 2:

Same as above, but instead of the dissolution draft, make all the players from the unclaimed teams Free Agents, and the highest bidder earns that player's services.

Just thought I'd throw it out there.

What do you guys think?

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Here is my idea:

Option 1:

Fill as many teams as possible within a certain time frame, and for the teams not claimed, have a dissolution draft with their players, round 1 for roster guys, remaining rounds for prospects and remaining roster guys.

Option 2:

Same as above, but instead of the dissolution draft, make all the players from the unclaimed teams Free Agents, and the highest bidder earns that player's services.

What do you guys think?

i like this idea a lot

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
re-inforcing basic rules and create new and simples ones would help.

for example :

UFA signed to a team and have a NTC/NMC, automatically become "unmovable" (like Doan in LYRN game, seriously lol)

have a max number of assets (prospects, picks or players) who can be moved in a single trade (lots of 10, 12 players involved in single trades last game, even saw one with NINETEEN... you know!).

etc

trying to make the game a little more realistic would help, as of now pretty much every new comer stop playing after one or two attempts...

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville

Here is my idea:

Option 1:

Option 2:

What do you guys think?

These are the two best.

PriceIsGod

Carey Please :)
Jul 15, 2012
You know...
Here is my idea:

Option 1:

Option 2:

What do you guys think?
GREAT idea's , might be alot of work for the Agents though..

HankTheTankYoLo

Aug 4, 2009
Here is my idea:

Option 1:

Option 2:

What do you guys think?

i like the 1st idea. on the 2nd it isnt gonna be fair if someone have like a team with low cap, then bid maximum for lets say malkin. thats not funny.

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
I like the idea of a dispersal draft of like 2 rounds for roster players, 1 round for prospects or something. If, say, 20 teams were taken, 10 would be disbanded. Each team has an average of 2 really good players, so there would be about 20 really good guys, one for each team. Then, the next round is for 2nd liners/2nd pairing D. Draft order is determined by standings of last season in the real NHL.

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
then i will be columbus :yo: lol im just joking xD

I know this is a joke, but its part of why I like this idea. NYR, BOS, PHI, or LAK win about 80% of GM games, but this would help even it out a little. For instance, lets say the Preds go unclaimed. Columbus (or whoever the worst team claimed is) could take Shea Weber 1st overall. With the last picks of the 1st round, teams like NYR, BOS, and VAN would get a Martin Erat level player instead.

I recommend not doing a snake, so then Columbus would have the 1st pick of the 2nd round, and so on. This could really help with parity, and make it less team dependent. The difference between Weber+Legwand and Erat+Klein or something is so great that a team could go much be easily from a bottom feeder to a division winner than the current setup. Should make things more interesting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad