GM Game interest

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
It should be an interesting game, trades will be harder to make with no compliance buyout. I like it!

OB5

May 2, 2015
Well how many do we have now? Do we have a list of who is in? We can double up etc.

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
Yeah I'm willing to double up.

Edit: I'll take the Jets if we are.

Carl182

Mar 31, 2019
If we are all taking 2 teams we still have 9 teams without a GM..:(
Tell your grandmas to create an account and join the game!:help::laugh:

Carl182

Mar 31, 2019
I could be in, but wanna see more about the rules!
As of now, it would be really life (No compliance buyout, repect of full NTC/NMC, no players with minimal NTC traded to a not so hype destination like Montreal/Ottawa/Winnipeg or crap teams like Detroit/New Jersey).

I would be okay with Tyler Johnson being traded. He's the only player with full NTC who submitted a list of teams he's okay being traded to.

Would make a vote for teams to make the playoffs and then vote for the winners of each series until the winner of the cup, would like awards for best assets manager, best rebuilder, best trader, ...

There would be a small period (couple days) for UFAs left on board and offersheet RFAs still unsigned, than a period for trades, then playoffs/votes.

If there is interest I could keep it going for Seattle Expansion/2021 UFA/2021 Draft...

Not sure about the taxi squad yet, no sure if anyone would prefer with it or without it? I don't think it's been confirmed yet.

But I'm open to hear any ideas/concerns!
I don't know if you had any specific questions?

Last edited:

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
As of now, it would be really life (No compliance buyout, repect of full NTC/NMC, no players with minimal NTC traded to a not so hype destination like Montreal/Ottawa/Winnipeg or crap teams like Detroit/New Jersey).

I would be okay with Tyler Johnson being traded. He's the only player with full NTC who submitted a list of teams he's okay being traded to.

Would make a vote for teams to make the playoffs and then vote for the winners of each series until the winner of the cup, would like awards for best assets manager, best rebuilder, best trader, ...

There would be a small period (couple days) for UFAs left on board and offersheet RFAs still unsigned, than a period for trades, then playoffs/votes.

If there is interest I could keep it going for Seattle Expansion/2021 UFA/2021 Draft...

Not sure about the taxi squad yet, no sure if anyone would prefer with it or without it? I don't think it's been confirmed yet.

Are we playing in 2021? ;)

Montreal being a not so hype destination is living in the past IMO, as the team was able to attract key UFAs in recent years, while also being able to keep guys like Gallagher and Petry who chose to stay and not get the chance to test the market.

With the team spending to the cap, I think that Montreal should be considered as other potential playoffs teams when it comes to NTC/NMC, but not as contenders of course.

Reactions: OB5

Carl182

Mar 31, 2019
Are we playing in 2021? ;)

Montreal being a not so hype destination is living in the past IMO, as the team was able to attract key UFAs in recent years, while also being able to keep guys like Gallagher and Petry who chose to stay and not get the chance to test the market.

With the team spending to the cap, I think that Montreal should be considered as other potential playoffs teams when it comes to NTC/NMC, but not as contenders of course.

Still Montreal is really no LA, NY, Tampa, SJ, ...
A player like Johson who waived a full NTC probably won't have Montreal on his short list.
A player like Kilhorn, with a 16 teams list, being born in Quebec I could see him having Montreal on his list.
But you're right, we've seen Thompson waive his NTC from LA to come to Montreal, Toffoli just signed a cheap deal with Montreal (the flat cap played a part too),...
In the past, no one wanted to come to Montreal, it was painful...

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
Still Montreal is really no LA, NY, Tampa, SJ, ...
A player like Johson who waived a full NTC probably won't have Montreal on his short list.
A player like Kilhorn, with a 16 teams list, being born in Quebec I could see him having Montreal on his list.
But you're right, we've seen Thompson waive his NTC from LA to come to Montreal, Toffoli just signed a cheap deal with Montreal (the flat cap played a part too),...
In the past, no one wanted to come to Montreal, it was painful...

Of course, I won’t argue that Montreal should be compared to top destinations... but I can’t see them with Ottawa group! :P

DropTheGloves

Sep 18, 2020

I would be interested and think those are good rules to start but two things:

-IMO the NTCs/NMCs have to be an all or none thing, otherwise you will get every GM wanting to argue their city is a premier destination. Also with COVID I think less players will waive than usual, so you have a built in excuse to just say every restriction will be honored. The “good” thing is everyone gets equally screwed in that scenario. :)

-I also think there needs to be a rule against trading a player who just signed in UFA. Last game saw a ton of guys moved who just signed and it was hard even as an outsider to know what team was what at the end of it all.

Otherwise sounds like this could be a fun last game before the season hopefully starts.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I would be interested and think those are good rules to start but two things:

-IMO the NTCs/NMCs have to be an all or none thing, otherwise you will get every GM wanting to argue their city is a premier destination. Also with COVID I think less players will waive than usual, so you have a built in excuse to just say every restriction will be honored. The “good” thing is everyone gets equally screwed in that scenario. :)

-I also think there needs to be a rule against trading a player who just signed in UFA. Last game saw a ton of guys moved who just signed and it was hard even as an outsider to know what team was what at the end of it all.

Otherwise sounds like this could be a fun last game before the season hopefully starts.
We used to have a panel of 3ish people who you’d send your trades to if they have a NTC/NMC. Both sides argue their case of why they’d waive and the panel decides on a case-by-case basis. I think that would work.

Reactions: DropTheGloves

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
One thing I think we should really look into is limiting the amount of cap that can be retained in transactions. Retaining $4/5M for 8 years on elite level players just isn't anywhere near realistic. Makes things interesting, but really tends to screw these games up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad