GM Game interest

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
A couple ideas :

- Double teams right now and at least post the roster thread. It would help to keep interest from guys already in the game and could be appealing to others if they feel we are close to get the game going.

- We should at least go to the Seattle expansion draft in the game. If we don’t, some GMs will make more trades as they won’t risk losing a key player to expansion. If we do expansion draft, the game will be more realistic IMO.

DropTheGloves

Sep 18, 2020
We used to have a panel of 3ish people who you’d send your trades to if they have a NTC/NMC. Both sides argue their case of why they’d waive and the panel decides on a case-by-case basis. I think that would work.

One thing I think we should really look into is limiting the amount of cap that can be retained in transactions. Retaining $4/5M for 8 years on elite level players just isn't anywhere near realistic. Makes things interesting, but really tends to screw these games up.

A couple ideas :

- Double teams right now and at least post the roster thread. It would help to keep interest from guys already in the game and could be appealing to others if they feel we are close to get the game going.

- We should at least go to the Seattle expansion draft in the game. If we don’t, some GMs will make more trades as they won’t risk losing a key player to expansion. If we do expansion draft, the game will be more realistic IMO.

I think all three could work:

-Trade Council for NTCs/NMCs
-Limit years that can be retained (50% 2 years, 25% 4 years, 10% any longer than that?)
-Play up to Seattle expansion

Carl182

Mar 31, 2019
I would be interested and think those are good rules to start but two things:

-IMO the NTCs/NMCs have to be an all or none thing, otherwise you will get every GM wanting to argue their city is a premier destination. Also with COVID I think less players will waive than usual, so you have a built in excuse to just say every restriction will be honored. The “good” thing is everyone gets equally screwed in that scenario. :)

-I also think there needs to be a rule against trading a player who just signed in UFA. Last game saw a ton of guys moved who just signed and it was hard even as an outsider to know what team was what at the end of it all.

Otherwise sounds like this could be a fun last game before the season hopefully starts.
We used to have a panel of 3ish people who you’d send your trades to if they have a NTC/NMC. Both sides argue their case of why they’d waive and the panel decides on a case-by-case basis. I think that would work.
One thing I think we should really look into is limiting the amount of cap that can be retained in transactions. Retaining $4/5M for 8 years on elite level players just isn't anywhere near realistic. Makes things interesting, but really tends to screw these games up.

Full NMC/NTC must be respected, but minimal NTC like Kilhorn should be tradable to LA type destination.
But that's my opinion we coulg go either way.

DropTheGloves

Sep 18, 2020
Full NMC/NTC must be respected, but minimal NTC like Kilhorn should be tradable to LA type destination.
But that's my opinion we coulg go either way.

Maybe to minimize the work of the trade council the guys with limited NTCs could just be assigned/randomized teams they would go to. That opens up some unpredictability (Detroit could end up on Killorn’s list for example) while still respecting the intent of no-trade clauses.

Carl182

Mar 31, 2019
Maybe to minimize the work of the trade council the guys with limited NTCs could just be assigned/randomized teams they would go to. That opens up some unpredictability (Detroit could end up on Killorn’s list for example) while still respecting the intent of no-trade clauses.
I don't mind putting a little work to make the game more realistic. But if people prefer a random list I'm not opposed to it. I don't know if there is a lot of players with minimal NTC?

TribalPhoenix

Former TribalPhoenix
Dec 2, 2005
Toronto
Had a thought for this game, as well... what are peoples thoughts on inputting the teams into NHL 21, and then simming the results to determine the winner? It'll take time, but I think I could probably do it over the draft. No voting needed, and it's unbiased.

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
Had a thought for this game, as well... what are peoples thoughts on inputting the teams into NHL 21, and then simming the results to determine the winner? It'll take time, but I think I could probably do it over the draft. No voting needed, and it's unbiased.

I would be fine with it, thanks for the idea!

Blinny

This is the Sway
Jan 6, 2010
Dorchester
THAT SOUNDS AWESOME!

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014

I like it if you don’t mind the work!

OB5

May 2, 2015
I used to be involved in leagues like this back in the day. Takes an INSANE amount of commitment from the simmer. It's very cool but needs a ton of patience and commitment.

also the dude who ran the simming rigged it so his team would win every time.

Also this completely changes the game. You're playing off of NHL21 values and not IRL values.

TribalPhoenix

Former TribalPhoenix
Dec 2, 2005
Toronto
I used to be involved in leagues like this back in the day. Takes an INSANE amount of commitment from the simmer. It's very cool but needs a ton of patience and commitment.

also the dude who ran the simming rigged it so his team would win every time.

Also this completely changes the game. You're playing off of NHL21 values and not IRL values.

I'm gonna have some time over the holidays, if we wrap at a reasonable date. And I have zero interest in rigging it; I usually take rebuilders anyways, and I've been running the draft for years... often to my dismay...

Carl182

Mar 31, 2019
I'm gonna have some time over the holidays, if we wrap at a reasonable date. And I have zero interest in rigging it; I usually take rebuilders anyways, and I've been running the draft for years... often to my dismay...
The GM Gamd started, we will go with the new divisions so will go by voting! But you are more than welcome to join the game!

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
If you want a rebuilder, all three of my teams (SJ CGY ARI) could be rebuilders. Only PIT, NYI, WSH are left so if you want one of mine go ahead and I’ll take one of the others.

Reactions: Carl182

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad