Goodrow-True-Radil
Simon

Vlasic-Myers
Simek-Burns
Dillon-DeSimone
Ryan-Engellend

Jones
Korenar

We did downgrade on D a lot but we should still be a solid contender with Myers brought in and our forwards staying together and a Jones turn around. Also we have the cap space to add in another D if needed at the deadline.

:cbj sign Joonas Donskoi and Anton Stralman

Donskoi-Dubois-Atkinson
Dzingel-Duchene-Dadonov
Foligno-Wennberg-Bjorkstrand
Dubinsky-Jenner-Texier
Milano

Werenski-Jones
Murray-Savard
Nutivaara-Stralman
Gavrikov

Varlamov
Korpisalo

We pretty much replaced Anderson with Dadonov and Panarin with Donskoi. Obvious downgrade but a whole season with Duchene and Dzingel and that D core, we feel we are still a contender.

Last edited:

OB5

May 2, 2015
Habs as of now, barring any major deals

Huberdeau-Domi-Gallagher
Tatar-Kotkaniemi-Byron
Lehkonen-Danault-Shaw
Peca-Poehling-Armia
Hudon

Kulak-Karlsson
Mete-Weber
Reilly-Petry
Juulsen

Price
Lindgren

Top prospects:

Suzuki
Fleury
Primeau
Heinola

Cap room: 1.9M

Trades:

To Florida:

Karl Alzner
Joni Ikonen
2020 Montreal 3rd Round Pick

To Montreal:

Future Considerations

To Florida:

MTL 2020 1st
MTL 2019 2nd
Josh Brook
Jonathan Drouin

To Montreal

Jonathan Huberdeau

Still looking for that trade to bring in a top 4 LD

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
:cbj sign Joonas Donskoi and Anton Stralman

Donskoi-Dubois-Atkinson
Dzingel-Duchene-Dadonov
Foligno-Wennberg-Bjorkstrand
Dubinsky-Jenner-Texier
Milano

Werenski-Jones
Murray-Savard
Nutivaara-Stralman
Gavrikov

Varlamov
Korpisalo

We pretty much replaced Anderson with Dadonov and Panarin with Donskoi. Obvious downgrade but a whole season with Duchene and Dzingel and that D core, we feel we are still a contender.

Did you not sign Panarin? His agent told me he chose CBJ over Vancouver...

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Nope. Well at least I was never told he signed. Yeah no my top offer was 12.5M for 7 years with full NMC. He signed for 13.5.

WTF, I was offering $14M per and his agent told me "another team higher in the standings" matched that offer and I'd need to go higher. I was told that team was CBJ.

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
WTF, I was offering $14M per and his agent told me "another team higher in the standings" matched that offer and I'd need to go higher. I was told that team was CBJ.
Maybe he messed up? It happens. I remember when when a player took a much lower offer than mine because the agent forgot about me. I think I had offered 2 more years and like 1.5m per year more.

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
I love how these players are signing for just money despite getting offered pretty similar money from a contender but they sign with a rebuilder and bottom feeder for 250,000 more.

Yea it's pretty clear that these games leave a lot to be desired when it comes to determining UFA.

In any case, this game looks like it's done. I won't be involved in any further games so if someone else wants to take the reigns, have at it.

OB5

May 2, 2015
Yea it's pretty clear that these games leave a lot to be desired when it comes to determining UFA.

In any case, this game looks like it's done. I won't be involved in any further games so if someone else wants to take the reigns, have at it.

I think it's an ok system, just have to keep in mind that the player can only sign with one team and that there are many reasons behind it.

Thanks for all that you have done @Peter Griffin! Definitely put forth some entertaining games...with some painstaking realism ;)

I am down to run a game if someone is down to run one with me...something realistic but with a little twist? DM me.

Last edited:

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Sorry for being inactive. Didn't really get many trade inquiries and I just wasn't super interested in this game with how the NTCs were being handled (no problems with it, it's not my game; just isn't how I'd go about it).

I'd be interested in a draft-type game, would be willing to help out (need about a week to get through exams, though).

Reactions: OB5

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I think it's an ok system, just have to keep in mind that the player can only sign with one team and that there are many reasons behind it.

Thanks for all that you have done @Peter Griffin! Definitely put forth some entertaining games.

I am down to run a game if someone is down to run one with me...something realistic bu with a little twist? DM me.
I can help a bit but not fully. I have exams coming up.

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
Realistic with some leniency on NTC's. Having a deal as a re builder sending a guy to a contender and being told no because they would rather sit on their butt and collect a paycheck threw a wrench in plans. I do like my idea where we vote on 2020 standings(with the pres cup also being the stanley cup) at the end. Keeps people interested through UFA as people want to win. and then can vote on the best rebuilding based on perceived future success.

Reactions: OB5

sasha barkov

Nov 4, 2016
If anyone puts together a game where it's realistic and not crazy trades like Kane for Barkov and GM's restrict themselves a little and make it very realistic i'd be in but I stopped because theres just too many unrealistic things

bertty

Jun 6, 2017
The most unrealistic thing is that it is only 1 or 2 year game. Nobody cares about future. You can freely trade you future assets for imediate help.

I also do not like UFA system. It is not exaxt thing you can follow. How is Tampa better contender than Toronto? How is Calgary better than Vegas. I think about some system based on last year standing with exact deadline of signing.

I have also in my mind fantasy draft game that i play on slovak side. Is it possible to bring it here? Is anybody interested in it and is anybody want to help me with it.

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018

I signed Panarin, 14x7. I was Ottawa, but a contending Ottawa team.

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
In response to the idea of a new game, I like the idea of a more realistic game. Rebuilding teams don't need to have an AHL roster, and contenders do not need to trade their entire farm + future.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad