GM Game #7 by PG and TBA

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
The most unrealistic thing is that it is only 1 or 2 year game. Nobody cares about future. You can freely trade you future assets for imediate help.

I also do not like UFA system. It is not exaxt thing you can follow. How is Tampa better contender than Toronto? How is Calgary better than Vegas. I think about some system based on last year standing with exact deadline of signing.

I have also in my mind fantasy draft game that i play on slovak side. Is it possible to bring it here? Is anybody interested in it and is anybody want to help me with it.
I agree with the first segment. 2019 1sts are a huge asset in this game but 2020 1sts are not coveted at all.

I don't see how that could be fixed though.

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
A fantasy draft would be nice though. There was one last year, I think run by @Joey Moss and @McDrai? It would be a nice change from these. Although we have to make sure that the GMs participating are active ones.

Reactions: OB5

bertty

Jun 6, 2017
A fantasy draft would be nice though. There was one last year, I think run by @Joey Moss and @McDrai? It would be a nice change from these. Although we have to make sure that the GMs participating are active ones.
I try to translate our rules from original game. I see some problems right know. First one is time. We have one round every day (two on saturday and sunday) with 10 minutes for every pick. Just drafting takes around three weeks. Second one is technical. We have 13 threats for organisation purposes plus every team have their own thread

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
I try to translate our rules from original game. I see some problems right know. First one is time. We have one round every day (two on saturday and sunday) with 10 minutes for every pick. Just drafting takes around three weeks. Second one is technical. We have 13 threats for organisation purposes plus every team have their own thread

Here's the link to the last one:
HF Fantasy Mock Draft (1 HOUR CLOCK; SEND LISTS TO ATC ON WEEKDAYS)

The draft did take about a month though. There were 4 threads for the rosters, one for each division. There was voting and everything.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Okay so the new game would look something like this

Basically start at 19-20 with current rosters
1. Trading period to get compliant with expansion
2. Expansion draft
3. Short trade period as a deadline
4. Voting/playoffs/lottery
5. I think we should sim the draft. People can send a list but offline draft
6. FA

There are a few options here that we can make.

First is in regards to 18-19 FA. Choices are:
A. We have a normal FA period where all 18-19 FAs go FA (would replace 1 in current order)
B. Every FA signs a 1 year deal with their current team at their current cap hit

Second is in regards to expansion. Choices are
A. At the beginning
B. Towards the end

Obviously this is in the very early stages of planning. Any improvements you guys want we can discuss here!

Last edited:
Reactions: OB5

Joel Ward

Sep 24, 2012
Toronto
Juggling classes and two part-time jobs right now but I'd be willing to try to fit running a game in. Need two people to volunteers as commissioners, agent volunteers and someone willing to run at least a first round of the draft.

OB5

May 2, 2015
Juggling classes and two part-time jobs right now but I'd be willing to try to fit running a game in. Need two people to volunteers as commissioners, agent volunteers and someone willing to run at least a first round of the draft.

Can help out as needed!

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I'm down for a game. Can help as an agent or co-commish, but don't have time to run anything right now.

OB5

May 2, 2015
Looks like we have enough guys who can be leadership on this one.

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
If somebody is able to send the usual recruitment PMs, let me know. Otherwise, I should be able to do it tonight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->