Tomas Fleischmann - Mikael Backlund - Jason Williams
Cal Clutterbuck - Kyle Brodziak - Petr Kalus
Robbie Earl - Jeff Halpern - Antti Mietenen

Marek Zidlicky "C" - Cam Barker
Ian White - Mark Giordano "A"
Nathan Paetsch - Greg Zanon

Niklas Backstrom
Josh Harding

What do you think? We have cap space to make moves.

You should get a top 5 pick! ;)

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
(Now, if I did this right)

New York :isles Islanders 2010-2011 Lineup

SALARY CAP LIMIT | $58,300,000 SALARY CAP COMMITTED | $53,663,332 SALARY CAP SPACE | $4,636,668

Matt Moulson ($3,000,000) -- John Tavares ($3,750,000) -- Kyle Okposo "A" ($1,671,666)
Kris Versteeg ($3,083,333) -- Josh Bailey ($1,725,000) -- Blake Comeau ($650,000)
Jon Sim ($1,200,000) -- Frans Nielsen ($525,000) -- Rob Schremp ($900,000)
Sean Bergenheim ($1,250,000) -- Jarret Stoll ($3,600,000) -- Trent Hunter ($2,000,000)
Matt Cullen ($3,300,000

Joe Corvo ($4,000,000) -- Filip Kuba ($3,700,000)
Jack Hillen ($525,000) -- Tom Poti ($3,500,000)
Andrew MacDonald ($483,333) -- Radek Martinek ($1,500,000)

Evgeni Nabokov ($6,300,000)
Dwayne Roloson ($2,500,000)
EXTRAS: Rick DiPietro ($4,500,000)​

Why is Cullen an extra? Especially at 3.3M$ per...

I would use Cullen on the 3rd line with Bergenheim and Hunter. Then, Stoll, Nielsen and Sim could be the 4th line.

This team could compete for a playoffs spot but they will have a hard time to make it. More like a 10th place team.

Groin Of Bates

Jan 11, 2007
Why is Cullen an extra? Especially at 3.3M$ per...

I would use Cullen on the 3rd line with Bergenheim and Hunter. Then, Stoll, Nielsen and Sim could be the 4th line.

This team could compete for a playoffs spot but they will have a hard time to make it. More like a 10th place team.

I was making changes to my lineup the first time I posted it, as I just had copied/pasted it from the roster thread. I agree with what you say 100%, plus Cullen would never be a scratch ;). Out of all the things I did, that won't happen in real life (haha), I really want Snow to grab Matt Cullen the most.

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
I was making changes to my lineup the first time I posted it, as I just had copied/pasted it from the roster thread. I agree with what you say 100%, plus Cullen would never be a scratch ;). Out of all the things I did, that won't happen in real life (haha), I really want Snow to grab Matt Cullen the most.

Your lineup was too strange to be true! ;)

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
(Now, if I did this right)

New York :isles Islanders 2010-2011 Lineup

SALARY CAP LIMIT | $58,300,000 SALARY CAP COMMITTED | $53,663,332 SALARY CAP SPACE | $4,636,668

Matt Moulson -- John Tavares -- Kris Versteeg
Blake Comeau -- Josh Bailey -- Kyle Okposo "C"
Sean Bergenheim -- Matt Cullen -- Trent Hunter "A"
Frans Nielsen -- Jarret Stoll -- Jon Sim
Extra: Rob Schremp

Joe Corvo -- Radek Martinek
Jack Hillen -- Tom Poti "A"
Andrew MacDonald -- Filip Kuba

Evgeni Nabokov
Dwayne Roloson
EXTRAS: Rick DiPietro​

Offensively, the Islanders have added the epitome of a 3rd line C in Matt Cullen, who can play PP, PK and be counted on for secondary scoring. He is a quick center, which would fit in greatly with Coach Gordon's overspeed system. Jarret Stoll, while having a high cap hit, can be relied on for anchoring the 4th line, providing two-way play as well as being counted on for his faceoff ability. Kris Versteeg is an offensively gifted forward who is a perfect match for the overspeed system also, playing along aside Tavares/Bailey (as the year progresses).

Defensively, the Islanders had a complete overhaul. Witt, Gervais, Meyer, and Streit have been replaced by Kuba, Poti, and Corvo. The Islanders are much stronger defensively now, while still having legitimate PP pairings in Corvo, Poti, and Kuba.

Goaltending, the Islanders felt that if they were (and still are, simply by mathematics) in the playoff hunt the entire 2009-2010 season with the poor roster they had, they can make a legitimate chance at playoffs the next season. For this reason, they brought in proven goaltender Nabokov to carry the load with Roloson playing in a backup role. As both goaltenders are getting up there in age, they can both be relied on and are proven workhorses.

I can see the Islanders making anywhere from 6-8 next season with this roster. (Sorry for quick write-up, heading off to work)

Lastly, the New York Islanders would like to waive D Bruno Gervais with intentions of him working on his game and starting the season in Bridgeport.

I like that team. I could see it being an 6-8th seed in East

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
:wild
Martin Havlat - Oli Jokinen - Ales Kotalik
Tomas Fleischmann - Mikael Backlund - Jason Williams
Cal Clutterbuck - Kyle Brodziak - Petr Kalus
Robbie Earl - Jeff Halpern - Antti Mietenen

Marek Zidlicky "C" - Cam Barker
Ian White - Mark Giordano "A"
Nathan Paetsch - Greg Zanon

Niklas Backstrom
Josh Harding

What do you think? We have cap space to make moves.

I think that is a Lotto team

And dont forget you have Sopel and his 2.3 mil cap hit for 1 more year :nod:

Backstrom #19

Trotz for president
May 12, 2007
Savannah Georgia
Love how you guys ignored my team. :sarcasm:

Columbus :cbj Blue Jackets

Kristian Huselius -- Jeff Carter -- Jakub Voracek
RJ Umberger -- Antoine Vermette -- Todd Bertuzzi
Derick Brassard -- Doug Weight -- Ryan Callahan
Derek Dorsett -- Sammy Pahlsson -- Maxim Lapierre
Jared Boll

Jan Hejda -- Pavel Kubina
Fedor Tyutin -- Rostislav Klesla
Braydon Coburn -- Anton Stralman
Kris Russel -- Marc Methot

Steve Mason
Mathieu Garon

What do you guys think of my team?

I think I've got 3 really solid scoring lines with lots of depth and youth. Callahan, Lapierre, Dorsett, Boll, Pahlsson and Bertuzzi won't be fun to play against. The defence is what I think will be key. We have 8 NHL defenceman on the roster, and it's a nice mix of offensive and defensive defenceman. This team also has plenty of youth and experience.

If Mason doesn't drop the ball and have a bad season, I think the Blue Jackets could finish in the top-6 in the West.

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004

I like everything you did except the Kubina signing. Don't get me wrong, he is a great fit but at the same time, his cap hit will be such a burden when you will be looking to give raises to your young core players later on.

TLinden

Benning gonnaBenning
Nov 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC

Kristian Huselius -- Jeff Carter -- Jakub Voracek
RJ Umberger -- Antoine Vermette -- Todd Bertuzzi
Derick Brassard -- Doug Weight -- Ryan Callahan
Derek Dorsett -- Sammy Pahlsson -- Maxim Lapierre
Jared Boll

Jan Hejda -- Pavel Kubina
Fedor Tyutin -- Rostislav Klesla
Braydon Coburn -- Anton Stralman
Kris Russel -- Marc Methot

Steve Mason
Mathieu Garon

What do you guys think of my team?

I think I've got 3 really solid scoring lines with lots of depth and youth. Callahan, Lapierre, Dorsett, Boll, Pahlsson and Bertuzzi won't be fun to play against. The defence is what I think will be key. We have 8 NHL defenceman on the roster, and it's a nice mix of offensive and defensive defenceman. This team also has plenty of youth and experience.

If Mason doesn't drop the ball and have a bad season, I think the Blue Jackets could finish in the top-6 in the West.

Addition of Callahan, Coburn and Kubina = Gold. Kubina's hit is scary, but everyone overpaid this FA.
Addition of Bertuzzi, Weight (4th line at league Min is about all he is capable of anymore) = Poop.

8th-10th place IMO. Carter can only do so much, he'd have to cross his fingers on a big step up by Voracek and Brassard.

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
:flames

Pretty much done. Right up against the cap, totally overhauled our Roster into a Top 3 in the West IMO.

Longterm yes but I don't think that you should expect being in the top 3 this year.

It will take a lot of time to install the chemistry with all those new players. Of course, on paper this team looks great. The only question mark is in goals but I think they should do fine in the long run. I have some concerns with your 3rd pairing but your top 4 is so good that it shouldn't be a problem.

Top 5 team in the Western Conference this year... contender the year after IMO!

Backstrom #19

Trotz for president
May 12, 2007
Savannah Georgia
I like everything you did except the Kubina signing. Don't get me wrong, he is a great fit but at the same time, his cap hit will be such a burden when you will be looking to give raises to your young core players later on.

Addition of Callahan, Coburn and Kubina = Gold. Kubina's hit is scary, but everyone overpaid this FA.
Addition of Bertuzzi, Weight (4th line at league Min is about all he is capable of anymore) = Poop.

8th-10th place IMO. Carter can only do so much, he'd have to cross his fingers on a big step up by Voracek and Brassard.

Yeah, Kubina cost me a ton, but it's what I had to do to get him.

Trust me, Weight and Bertuzzi weren't my first choices, but I lost out on other top free agents. I don't think Bertuzzi will be that bad though.

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
Thoughts?

:habs 2010-2011

Ryan Malone - Tomas Plekanec - Mike Cammalleri(A)
Benoit Pouliot - Scott Gomez - Brian Gionta(C)
Sergei Kostitsyn - Shawn Matthias - Steve Downie
Mathieu Darche - Dominic Moore - Travis Moen
extra : Tom Pyatt

Andrei Markov(A) - Ryan O'Byrne
Roman Hamrlik - PK Subban
Hal Gill - Josh Gorges
extra : Christoph Schubert

Jaroslav Halak
Chris Osgood

Offense : Our main concern heading in the offseason was size and grit. We were able to address this need by acquiring Malone, Downie and Matthias. Malone will be a great fit on a line with Plekanec and Cammalleri. He goes in the corners and won't shy away from traffic. We also like his two-way game, his work ethic and the fact that he can produce offensively. Downie was a big surprise in Tampa Bay last season and we like the potential of this young player. He represents the new generation of the NHL. He will start the season on the 3rd line but there's no doubt that he can step in the top 6 if needed. Some may be concerned by Matthias on the 3rd line with two other young players but we really expect big things from this line. If Matthias isn't ready to assume the role, we have Dominic Moore ready to step in on the 3rd line. This offense is a great balance of talent, size and grit. Every players knows their role and they will work hard in the same objective.

Defense : We didn't make a lot of changes. Sure, we could have added a legit top 2 defenseman to play with Markov but we thought that our needs were elsewhere. We also took a lot of time last year to install the chemistry between Markov and O'Byrne. We will at least give the young guy the chance to show what he can do. Markov prove in the past that he was making his partner looks better. We hope that O'Byrne will become another version of Mike Komisarek (in his good days). This year will also see the beginning of young sensation PK Subban in the NHL. He prove last season in Hamilton that he had the tools to be a dominant player at the next level. He will have a great mentor in Roman Hamrlik. On the 3d pairing, Gill-Gorges is in our opinion one of the best 3rd pairing in the NHL. They are both great leaders, they know their role and they will give all they have (and even more) for the team. Schubert gives us a lot of options as an extra defensemen. He also brings size to the organization and he is a versatile player like we like in Montreal.The future looks bright in Montreal with Cam Fowler in the ranks. The plan is to bring him in Montreal next season to play on the 2nd pairing with a defenseman to be determined (Markov-Subban would be the 1st pairing). Fowler could have been ready for the big league but we don't want to rush him, especially since we already have a rookie in our top 4.

Goals : Halak prove last season that he was not only ready to be a starting goalie, but also ready to be among the best (top 10) in the NHL. He has what it takes to play under the high pressure of Montreal. We like the fact that we were able to acquire Chris Osgood as the backup. Osgood is a warrior with a huge load of playoffs experience. He will be the perfect mentor for Halak.

Overall : We are very proud of what we did. We saw last year that the chemistry was installed in the team. If we can avoid the injuries, we will have a very dangerous team. Of course, we would like to be the best team in the NHL but our goal right now is to clinch the division title.

TLinden

Benning gonnaBenning
Nov 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Yeah, Kubina cost me a ton, but it's what I had to do to get him.

Trust me, Weight and Bertuzzi weren't my first choices, but I lost out on other top free agents. I don't think Bertuzzi will be that bad though.

I think Bertuzzi is a fine signing but he can't be relied for in a Top 6 role anymore. His play is streaky, all over and when he is over exposed he takes far too many stupid penalties. I think you'll see Brassard overtake him, which then leaves you with a Bertuzzi-Weight duo, something you do not want. I think the amount the two players were paid you could of looked into players like Demitra, Kariya, (both getting 2M offers..), B. Morrison, Torres, Pisani, Park, Metropolit, Halpern.

If you have cap room, signing a veteran performer like Demitra/Kariya, putting them in the Top 6 and having Bertuzzi-Brassard-Callahan as a 3rd would be my next step.

Jarmac

Aug 24, 2006
The Panthers have signed Paul Kariya to a 1 year, $3m deal and Pavol Demitra to a 1 year, $2.25m deal. We also waive Nick Tarnasky with the intention of sending him to the AHL. Our roster is now complete:

Kariya-Weiss-Kostitsyn
Benn-Demitra-Frolik
Stillman-Reinprecht-Brunnstrom
Olesz-Campbell-Dvorak
Bitz, Sheppard

Ballard-Tallinder
Niskanen-McCabe
Lee-Kulikov
Allen

C. Mason
Clemmensen

Yeah...we're rebuilding. We brought in some nice futures for Booth, Horton and Vokoun. Also, though we lack high end talent, I feel we have 4 solid (though very soft) forward lines and a decent D corps. If Kariya and Demitra stay healthy, and Mason performs well, I feel we could surprise.

Anyway, I think the Panthers are set for a long while with these players in the pipeline:

Tarasenko
Cowen
Markstrom
Larsen
J. O'Brien
I. Zubov
Ellerby
Repik

They, along with Kostitsyn, Weiss, Frolik, Benn, Ballard, Brunnstrom, Lee, Niskanen, Kulikov, and Sheppard, should provide an excellent core for the future.

Any opinions are welcomed.

IslesRock4

Ever Forward
Jul 21, 2007
Long Island
Dug up BigG's list if anyone wants to sign a draftee from 09 or 10.

1st - $3,750,000
2nd - $3,500,000
3rd - $3,400,000
4th - $3,250,000
5th - $3,000,000
6th - $2,250,000
7th - $2,000,000
8th - $1,750,000
9th - $1,750,000
10th - $1,750,000
11th - $1,500,000
12th - $1,250,000
13th through 20th - $1,000,000
21st through 61st - $900,000

habsman56

Habs&Hoops
Nov 15, 2008
Dug up BigG's list if anyone wants to sign a draftee from 09 or 10.

1st - $3,750,000
2nd - $3,500,000
3rd - $3,400,000
4th - $3,250,000
5th - $3,000,000
6th - $2,250,000
7th - $2,000,000
8th - $1,750,000
9th - $1,750,000
10th - $1,750,000
11th - $1,500,000
12th - $1,250,000
13th through 20th - $1,000,000
21st through 61st - $900,000

Hey, did you get my PM? Even if you just wanna say no, please respond :p:

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
:sens

The Ottawa Senators announced today that the club has acquired defenseman Trevor Daley from the Dallas Stars in exchange for a 2011 2nd round draft pick.

"We are pleased to add Trevor to our top four, and we feel that he is an adequate replacement after the trading of Filip Kuba, and at a cheaper price."

2010-2011 roster to be posted shortly.

GordieHoweHatTrick

Sep 20, 2009
Toronto
I think Montreal is the most improve team. The addition of Downie and Malone is huge to an already underrated team. If you could add another top-pairing defenceman to play with Markov I'd bet on your team winning the cup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad