GM Game 5 - General Discussion

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Late night move

To :avs Jason Zucker at 50%

To :wildTyson Jost, 2019 Col 2nd

We are pleased to add another 2nd rounder in this draft as well as Tyson Jost, who will be immediately receiving lessons on keeping his head up.

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
:canes:avs Are probably done, unless there are takers for Justin Williams. Looking for a 2nd round pick.

OB5

May 2, 2015
Habs and Flames still around looking to add up front. Let's go!

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
:edmonton Will look to retool a bit after the expansion draft. We will look to move Nuge and Klefbom at that time.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
:cbj

Chris Kreider
Frederik Claesson
Peter Holland
Dustin Tokarski

:rangers

Brandon Dubinsky
Vitaly Abramov
Alexandre Texier
Trey Fix-Wolansky
Daniel Zaar
CBJ 1st 2020
CBJ 2nd 2020

Tough to give up 90% of our remaining futures, but the Blue Jackets are officially all-in

Reactions: Gecklund

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008

Still looking for an upgrade at LD. Serious lack of assets left to deal, but would move Dean Kukan, Lukas Sedlak, (Late) picks and mid-level prospects for a veteran upgrade. Could be convinced to move Kirill Marchenko, but only for a top-four LHD.

:wings

Haven't done anything with the Wings yet. Going to focus on moving the UFA's (Nyqvist, Vanek, Jensen, Kronwall, Howard) but am open to ideas with that team. Would love to move some cap so guys like Mike Green, Trevor Daley and Frans Nielsen are also OTB. Highly unlikely to move any of the core U25 pieces (Larking, Mantha, Anthanasiou, Bertuzzi, Cholowski).

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
:jets

Working on a big deal to bring in a top 6 center.

Looking to move Kulikov for a cheaper asset. Just about anything will do.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Likely the final move for the Sharks.

:sharksWayne Simmonds @50%

for

:flyers2019 2nd + 2020 3rd (becomes 2nd if he re-signs) + Chartier

Lines are now:

Meier - Couture - Pavelski
Gourde - Hertl - Donskoi
Kane - Thornton - Simmonds
Sorensen - Goodrow - Callahan

Orlov - Karlsson
Vlasic - Burns
Dillon - Heed

Jones
Dell​

Last edited:

FlamerForLife

Mon Seanahan
May 22, 2015
Calgary

for

Lines are now:

Kane - Hertl - Donskoi
Sorenson - Thornton - Simmonds

Orlov - Karlsson
Vlasic - Burns
Dillon - Heed

Jones
Dell​
:flyers confirm

Still have Raffl available as cheap depth for anyone looking to bolster up for the playoffs

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California

for

Lines are now:

Kane - Hertl - Donskoi
Sorenson - Thornton - Simmonds
Radil - Suomela - Goodrow

Orlov - Karlsson
Vlasic - Burns
Dillon - Heed

Jones
Dell​
Didn't you trade for Gourde and Callahan?

Gaborikthebeast

Always Blame the Zebras
Feb 16, 2010

Chris Kreider
Frederik Claesson
Peter Holland
Dustin Tokarski

:rangers

Brandon Dubinsky
Vitaly Abramov
Alexandre Texier
Trey Fix-Wolansky
Daniel Zaar
CBJ 1st 2020
CBJ 2nd 2020

Tough to give up 90% of our remaining futures, but the Blue Jackets are officially all-in
Confirm. Welcome Back Dubinsky and lots of picks and prospects

OB5

May 2, 2015
Habs quietly stabilized their D corps, still looking for the right move up front.

Drouin-Danault-Gallagher
Tatar-Domi-Byron
Armia-Kotkaniemi-Lehkonen
Shaw-Peca-Hudon
Agostino

Brodin-Weber
Edmundson-Petry
Mete-Reilly
Benn
Kulak

Price
Niemi

The Canadiens have placed Michael Chaput and Karl Alzner on Waivers

Gaborikthebeast

Always Blame the Zebras
Feb 16, 2010
:rangersStill looking to Move Hayes, Zucc, Fast, Strome,Marleau,Dubinsky, Staal, Smith, McQuaid, plus more

:ducks Still looking to Move Bogosian, Perry, Eaves, Silfverberg, Kesler, Scandella, Del Zotto, Johnson, + more

Hit me with some offers on both teams. Best offer on most guys will get it

hockeyarena

Aug 11, 2011
Winnipeg
www.hockeyarena.net
How do playoffs work? I'm assuming we just vote for who makes the playoffs and the end? Would be kinda cool if we had everyone assign odds (e.g. Tampa has a 20% chance to win cup) to each of the 16 voted playoff teams. Each team receives a median % based on the votes. Then pull the winner of each round out of a number picker to eventually get to a Stanley Cup champion, with no team having less than a 10% chance to win each round.

Anyway just an idea.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
How do playoffs work? I'm assuming we just vote for who makes the playoffs and the end? Would be kinda cool if we had everyone assign odds (e.g. Tampa has a 20% chance to win cup) to each of the 16 voted playoff teams. Each team receives a median % based on the votes. Then pull the winner of each round out of a number picker to eventually get to a Stanley Cup champion, with no team having less than a 10% chance to win each round.

Anyway just an idea.
We vote each round. So basically vote who makes the playoffs, then vote each round who would win the series and then there's generally a coin flip for a randomness factor.

Also completely unrelated, I'm planning my Seattle picks and am I going to be allowed to negotiate with UFAs like in the Vegas draft or am I going to be forced to take a cap dump from half of the teams?

Also this is my one warning to everyone. They should be using this tool because there are multiple teams that have made some weird expansion choices. Seattle Expansion Draft Simulator - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps For example, there's a team that has left their young Number 1 D unprotected.

Last edited:

hockeyarena

Aug 11, 2011
Winnipeg
www.hockeyarena.net
We vote each round. So basically vote who makes the playoffs, then vote each round who would win the series and then there's generally a coin flip for a randomness factor.

Also completely unrelated, I'm planning my Seattle picks and am I going to be allowed to negotiate with UFAs like in the Vegas draft or am I going to be forced to take a cap dump from half of the teams?

Also this is my one warning to everyone. They should be using this tool because there are multiple teams that have made some weird expansion choices. Seattle Expansion Draft Simulator - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps For example, there's a team that has left their young Number 1 D unprotected.

nice. hope we can assign odds rather than just vote yes or no. randomness factor is cool too.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Glad to see all these trades happening, should be a good playoffs. Make sure to post an updated roster of any of your teams on here before tomorrow. Makes it easier to handle the voting. Also check out this link to help set your expansion protection list; Expansion Draft FAQ - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

For the teams that don’t have their rosters up soon I’ll be making their protection list myself.

Gaborikthebeast

Always Blame the Zebras
Feb 16, 2010
:rangersget
Valeri Nichuskin
Adam Mascherin
Dillon Heatherington
2019 Dallas 3rd and 5th

:starsgets
Mats Zuccarello (45%retained)
Brendan Smith (50% retained)

Big Part of this move was getting Smith off the team, took a bit less on Zucc, in order to move him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad