GM Game 5 - General Discussion

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
READ THE RULES.

And make sure you have your ROSTER & CAP INFO posted in the roster thread!

Commissioner

• @AveryStar4Eva
All times EST and subject to change

Trade Deadline: Feb 4th
Playoff Voting: Feb 4th-5th
Expansion Draft: Feb 6th
Draft: Feb 7th-8th
Free Agency: Feb 9th

Salary Cap
  • CAPFRIENDLY IS RECOMMENDED FOR ALL CAP INFO.
  • The salary cap maximum for the 2018-2019 season is $80M.
  • The salary cap minimum for the 2018-2019 season is $59M
  • The salary cap maximum for the 2019-20 season is $83M
  • Teams may exceed the cap maximum by 10% during the offseason.
  • Teams must comply with the salary cap during the season and by the end of the game.
  • Teams may have a roster of no more than 23 players by the end of the game.

Waivers/Buyouts

• Post in this thread if you’d like to place a player on waivers.
  • Burying a player in the minors or Europe only eliminates a maximum of $$1.025 of their cap hit. Use the Buyout Calculator.
  • A player will be on waivers for 24 hours.
  • Waiver priority will be based on the NHL standings as of the 20/01/2019
  • If a team claims a player off of waivers, they then have the lowest waiver priority.
  • Teams are permitted to use a maximum of TWO ordinary buyouts.

Trades
  • All trades must be sent to @AveryStar4Eva or else they are not valid.
  • Trade submissions must include the teams involved, the first and last names of players involved, as well as, the year and original owner of draft picks changing hands, as applicable.
  • Trade submissions that do not contain all relevant information will not be valid.
  • Once a trade is agreed upon, send it in BEFORE POSTING, and then you can announce it in the thread.
  • ALL MOVES MUST BE SOMEWHAT REALISTIC. The commissioners hold the power to veto any moves we deem to be ridiculous.
  • NMC and NTC are not valid for this game in the purpose of trades. NMC will be valid for the expansion draft.

Free Agent Offers
  • All free agent offers must be submitted to agents in the following format: Player Name - # years, $#,###,###/year, Clause (i.e. Evander Kane - 7 years, $7,000,000/year, LNTC), or else they will not be valid.
    • This is to be fair to those who volunteer their time as agents. It is otherwise an incredibly tedious task to keep track of player offers and post them in the FA thread.
  • All RFAs will be tendered a contract unless specified by their GM.
  • Teams are only permitted to use their own original selections as compensation for offer sheets.
Agents
Awards Voting
  • At the end of the game (provided that there is enough interest & I know there will be because you guys are all crazy competitors...) participants will be encouraged to vote on a number of "awards".
  • Awards will earn you bragging rights among your fellow GMs.
  • Criteria and names of awards are still under construction, but so far we have: best rebuild, best team on paper, most improved team, best signing, best draft, and best (most even) trade.
  • If you have any suggestions, feel free to send me a message!
Resources
GM LIST

Eastern Conference

Atlantic Division

Boston Bruins -
Buffalo Sabres - @AveryStar4Eva
Detroit Red Wings -
Florida Panthers - @Gibby
Montreal Canadiens -
Ottawa Senators - @AveryStar4Eva
Tampa Bay Lightning - @GOiler36
Toronto Maple Leafs - @forsbergavs32

Metropolitan Division

Carolina Hurricanes - @Llamamoto
Columbus Blue Jackets - @stempniaksen
New Jersey Devils -
New York Islanders - @ConnorMcMullet
New York Rangers - @Gaborikthebeast
Philadelphia Flyers - @FlamerForLife
Pittsburgh Penguins - @hockeyarena
Washington Capitals - @Zemgus26

Western Conference

Central Division

Chicago Blackhawks - @Zemgus26
Colorado Avalanche - @Llamamoto
Dallas Stars - @hockeyarena
Minnesota Wild -
Nashville Predators - @bertty
St. Louis Blues - @SJSharks39
Winnipeg Jets - @LatvianTwist

Pacific Division

Anaheim Ducks - @Gaborikthebeast
Arizona Coyotes - @PaulBissonnette
Calgary Flames - @OB5
Edmonton Oilers - @Retinalz
Los Angeles Kings - @FlamerForLife
San Jose Sharks - @ConnorMcMullet
Seattle Seals - @SJSharks39
Vancouver Canucks - @Retinalz
Vegas Golden Knights - @PaulBissonnette

AGENTS NEEDED

Last edited:
Reactions: Gecklund

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
:jets

Looking to go all the way this year. Interested in acquiring another top 4 defender or two, as well as a second line center.

Plenty of picks and prospects available. PM me.

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
:hawks

Continuing our rebuild. Toews, Kane, Keith, etc. ITB for youth.

:caps

Looking to contend. Woukd like to add a top-4 LD, top-9 winger as our priorities but looking for any upgrades.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Any team that did not win the Seattle draw and wanted a second team I think I assigned you another one. If not message me saying which team you wanted.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
:sabres

Looking to improve the team. Willing to trade prospects and SJS/BUF 1st, but looking for players with term or RFA status.

:sens

Looking to rebuild. Stone, Duchene, and Dzingle will all go to the highest bidder at 50% retained.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
:blues

Looking to rebuild. Willing to move everyone outside of Parakyo. That includes Petro, ROR, Schenn, everyone!

Seattle

We will be announcing our name later today. Currently between 3ish. Also we are looking to make deals and lots of them.

Reactions: AveryStar4Eva

FlamerForLife

Mon Seanahan
May 22, 2015
Calgary
:kings

Rebuilding, everyone is available for the right price

:flyers

Retooling, willing to listen to offers on anyone except Hart, Provorov, Konecny and Patrick

OB5

May 2, 2015
Flames here.

Looking to add.

Looking to get creative and move some key vets/roster players as well. Hit me up!

hockeyarena

Aug 11, 2011
Winnipeg
www.hockeyarena.net
:stars

Looking to add or make hockey trades. We are looking to add offence. No one shows up to our games and we have horrible long term contracts so need to try and put butts in the seats.

Last edited:

PaulBissonnette

Average-sized wrench
Jan 24, 2014
Saskatchewan
:coyotes
We are looking to get strong, young players that can complement our already young core. Anyone not named Keller or Raanta is available for those contending (OEL, Stepan, Grabner, Goligoski).

:vegas
Vegas is definitely looking to contend by adding a strong veteran presence to their blueline, and some scoring wingers up front. Many great young pieces to move... Leschyshyn, Glass, Brannstrom, Hague, 1st, 2nd, 3 - 3rd, 3 - 5ths

Last edited:

hi

Sell sell sell
May 23, 2008
Would I be allowed to take over one of the teams from someone that is controlling 2 teams?

bertty

Jun 6, 2017
full

Looking for top6 center and depth wingers and third pair d-men

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Would I be allowed to take over one of the teams from someone that is controlling 2 teams?

You could message someone and see if they’d be willing to give up a team and take on a new one. There are some pretty good teams left untaken so I’d suggest grabbing one of them!

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
:cbj

Open to the idea of moving Artemi Panarin and Sergei Bobrovsky.

Will also listen to ideas involving Alex Wennberg and Riley Nash.

Likely going to be buying and selling this deadline, so come at me with offers!

Gaborikthebeast

Always Blame the Zebras
Feb 16, 2010
:ducks Looking to get Younger but still contend. Eaves, Holzer, Del Zotto, Miller, Johnson, Sustr, Kesler all Available but looking for Young NHL or NHL Ready Talent

:rangersrebuilding. Hank, Zibanejad, Buch, Chytil, Pionk, Howden, and all prospects off Limits, anyone else can and will go.

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
:edmonton are looking to contend. Need to move and upgrade on Sekera with a puck moving RHD. Looking to upgrade our wings in top 6. All futures are available.

:nucks are rebuilding/retooling. Edler, Tanev, Sutter etc are all available. Will retain in the right deals. Only untouchable are Horvat, Ep40, Boeser, Hughes, OJ, Virtanen.

Last edited:

Gibby

Apr 29, 2010
London, ON
:panthers

Looking to build upon what we beleive to already be a strong core. Barkov, Trocheck, Ekblad will NOT move. Yandle, Matheson, Huberdeau are very unlikely to go as well.

Would like to shuffle the deck a bit and explore moving Hoffman, Dadonov, Tippett, Denisenko, Heponiemi, and Noel.

Very interested in adding a strong top 4 D and top 9 forward.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
:sens

Good talks so far. Duchene is likely the first to go tomorrow. Have two offers for a first and good prospect so I’ll likely go for one of those tomorrow unless someone beats it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad