GM Game #5 by TP, AM, and IR

TribalPhoenix

Former TribalPhoenix
Dec 2, 2005
Toronto
I'd love to figure out the root cause of this seasons difficulty getting games off the ground.

So many people bail out right around playoff time... they tear down rebuilding teams, and then get their newly acquired draft picks get auto'd?

:shakehead

BH4991

Jul 4, 2006
Well, this blows….why is there such a lack of interest?

Last edited:

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
I'll fire off an enlistment barrage tonight. We should know tomorrow if this is happening or not. Once again, prepare your box IR... :D

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I'd love to figure out the root cause of this seasons difficulty getting games off the ground.

So many people bail out right around playoff time... they tear down rebuilding teams, and then get their newly acquired draft picks get auto'd?

:shakehead

Honestly I think this has something to do with it

You see some really pointless trades this year ,, In recent years things were slightly more realistic

Also I think to many people use trades to rebuild there entire roster (Something we don't see in NHL to be honest)

TribalPhoenix

Former TribalPhoenix
Dec 2, 2005
Toronto
Honestly I think this has something to do with it

You see some really pointless trades this year ,, In recent years things were slightly more realistic

Also I think to many people use trades to rebuild there entire roster (Something we don't see in NHL to be honest)

Excellent point.

There becomes this almost insane desire to trade the entire 23 man roster, and then once it's done, they bail out because they don't care about the playoffs, and then out of sight, out of mind.... no draft, no FA, you've got 10 of 30 GM's who are out.

Sad that we can actually reference the 'good ol' days'.... :shakehead

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Excellent point.

There becomes this almost insane desire to trade the entire 23 man roster, and then once it's done, they bail out because they don't care about the playoffs, and then out of sight, out of mind.... no draft, no FA, you've got 10 of 30 GM's who are out.

Sad that we can actually reference the 'good ol' days'.... :shakehead

Just not getting the right people ;)

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Only sent out 15 PMs, so getting 8/15 is a pretty good result. Might have to reach out to those veterans that are taking potty breaks to fill out the Bruins/Hurricanes, even as just figureheads.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad