GM Game #5 by RR and IR4

Kessel>Seguin +

Not Even A Big Fan!!
Sep 16, 2008
Ontario
:nucks are taking last minute offers on Cory Schneider. Looking for either a elite prospect. or will considering adding on top of Schneider to get a top 6 winger.

He will be dealt before free agency

Kessel>Seguin +

Not Even A Big Fan!!
Sep 16, 2008
Ontario
If you are sending offers for forward please follow a couple of rules

1) Do not ask what this player wants. Those PMs will be ignored, make a offer
2) Give me a couple of reasons why a player would sign with your team. ( Are you a contender, where do they fit in? Their linemates) No need for a story, just a line or 2
3) Money is not the deciding factor in all cases so do not be offended should someone choose to sign elsewhere

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
:sens

Sens "Ecstatic" with Draft Day Additions; Announce Trade

At the end of the day on Tuesday, the Ottawa Senators were very satisfied with their draft picks. In all, the Senators made three selections, two in the first round and one in the second round.

With their first of three selections (10th overall), the Senators looked no further then Niagra Ice Dogs forward Ryan Strome, who fills an immediate need for a blue-chip forward prospect in the system. The 5'11'' Strome has an impecable work ethic, and is extremely skilled as well. Together, that blend was too much for the Sens to pass up, especially considering that Ryan was rated quite higher on their draft list.

"Ryan is an excellent addition to our hockey club, and fills an immediate need for a top-six forward prospect. We couldn't believe that he was still available at our pick, as we most surely thought he'd be gone."

Sven Bartschi was made the Senators second pick of the day at 15th overall. Bartschi is another player who rocketed up the draft rankings throughtout the season, and the Senators were very happy to tab him the 15th pick.

"Sven came into Portland this season and essentially replicated the draft year of fellow Swiss product Nino Niederreiter, and we are excited to add a player of that calibre to our system. This pick also helps to address our lack of depth at the left wing, and we hope that Sven can develop into a key contributor for our hockey team."

Oshawa Generals forward Niklas Jensen rounded out the Sens trio of picks. The latest Dane to be drafted was a PPG player in Oshawa last season, but that was not only what Senators scouts liked about him when they had a chance to view him.

"We love the blend of size, speed and skill that Niklas possess'. If he finds a little more consistency in his game, we feel that he can become a dynamic player in the NHL."

The Ottawa Senators also announced today that the club has made an eight player deal with the Los Angeles Kings.

Continuing the re-tooling, the Senators added Jarret Stoll, Matt Greene, Davis Drewiske, and Jeff Zatkoff. Leaving Ottawa is Peter Regin, Matt Carkner, Brian Lee, and Roman Wick.

"We are pleased with the way this trade worked out for us. Jarret can be a solid complimentary centre to Jason, and will also give us another option on the point for the powerplay. Matt gives us a a rugged, shot-blocking defenseman who will solifidy our 3rd pairing, along with our penalty kill unit. We like Davis' versatility, as he can be used as a forward as well. Jeff will be a nice addition to our system and could potentially earn the backup spot as soon as next season. We wish Peter, Matt, Brian and Roman all the best in Los Angeles."

RR

Mar 8, 2009
Cave Creek, AZ
:sens

Sens "Ecstatic" with Draft Day Additions; Announce Trade

The Ottawa Senators also announced today that the club has made an eight player deal with the Los Angeles Kings.

Continuing the re-tooling, the Senators added Jarret Stoll, Matt Greene, Davis Drewiske, and Jeff Zatkoff. Leaving Ottawa is Peter Regin, Matt Carkner, Brian Lee, and Roman Wick.

"We are pleased with the way this trade worked out for us. Jarret can be a solid complimentary centre to Jason, and will also give us another option on the point for the powerplay. Matt gives us a a rugged, shot-blocking defenseman who will solifidy our 3rd pairing, along with our penalty kill unit. We like Davis' versatility, as he can be used as a forward as well. Jeff will be a nice addition to our system and could potentially earn the backup spot as soon as next season. We wish Peter, Matt, Brian and Roman all the best in Los Angeles."

:kings confirm

We know from a player perspective we gave up a lot in this deal but it allows us to create a spot for Brayden Schenn at center; one for Thomas Hickey or Colton Teubert on the blueline; and saves us >$4.5M in cap space. That gives us the flexibility to go after a top-6 scoring winger either by trade or in free agency.

In Regin we get a solid young center who can also play on the wing. He skates very well and plays a high-tempo, two-way game. We also like his scoring upside.

Carkner adds a veteran depth defenseman who can play on the bottom pairing and brings a level of nastiness on the back end. And Lee is only 23, a former 9th overall selection who we believe will take huge strides working in a defensive system like ours.

RR-You got owned in that trade:amazed:

I look at it as also getting back $4.5M in cash. Without that I can't add another top piece to my top-six.

Schenn replaces Stoll. Tuebert or Hickey replaces Greene; Carkner replaces Drewiske; Lee adds depth; Zatkoff has been passed on our depth chart by Martin Jones; and I now have $7M to spend in FA.

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
haha I love the Thrash...I have almost 24M to spend on 4 roster spots (umm...I mean no agents, i'm pretty broke. Tough economy and so for....you should sign for discounts ;))

:thrashers sign Sean Couturier to an ELC with a $3.5M cap hit (as per DP salary chart)

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Brad Boyes has to pack his suitcase because he's on the move yet again.

:wild

Brad Boyes

:blues

Marek Zidlicky

Hopefully Boyes finds his game again in a Wild jersey, and helps the team return to respectability and competitiveness.

We wish Marek all the best in St. Louis.

IslesRock4

Ever Forward
Jul 21, 2007
Long Island
:blues confirm. Boyes sucks, Zidlicky will be a nice top 4 dman for us.

McDonald and Jackman still available, but they both have NTCs so you'll have to be a decent team and give them more ice time.

Moses Doughty

Aug 19, 2008
:kings confirm

We know from a player perspective we gave up a lot in this deal but it allows us to create a spot for Brayden Schenn at center; one for Thomas Hickey or Colton Teubert on the blueline; and saves us >$4.5M in cap space. That gives us the flexibility to go after a top-6 scoring winger either by trade or in free agency.

In Regin we get a solid young center who can also play on the wing. He skates very well and plays a high-tempo, two-way game. We also like his scoring upside.

Carkner adds a veteran depth defenseman who can play on the bottom pairing and brings a level of nastiness on the back end. And Lee is only 23, a former 9th overall selection who we believe will take huge strides working in a defensive system like ours.

I look at it as also getting back $4.5M in cash. Without that I can't add another top piece to my top-six.

Schenn replaces Stoll. Tuebert or Hickey replaces Greene; Carkner replaces Drewiske; Lee adds depth; Zatkoff has been passed on our depth chart by Martin Jones; and I now have $7M to spend in FA.

That was the only reason i could think for that deal. Did you sign Handzus anywho?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad