GM Game #4 (LT, m0pe, OB5) - Discussion

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I'll write the rules soon. For now, I'll leave you all with the results of the team randomization in the next post...

General ManagerTeam 1Team 2Team 3
@LatvianTwistCalgary FlamesChicago BlackhawksLos Angeles Kings
@RetinalzDallas StarsAnaheim DucksNew York Islanders
@berttyMontreal CanadiensToronto Maple LeafsBoston Bruins
@SJSharks39Arizona CoyotesNew Jersey DevilsDetroit Red Wings
@AveryStar4EvaWashington CapitalsOttawa SenatorsEdmonton Oilers
@Llamamoto49Vancouver CanucksNashville PredatorsMinnesota Wild
@stempniaksen Buffalo SabresColorado AvalanchePittsburgh Penguins
@BumDum Carolina HurricanesFlorida PanthersSan Jose Sharks
@OB5St. Louis BluesWinnipeg JetsN/A
@TribalPhoenix Philadelphia FlyersColumbus Blue JacketsN/A
@m0peTampa Bay LightningNew York RangersN/A
@Peter GriffinVegas Golden KnightsSeattle KrakenN/A
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
GM Game #4 Rules
  • Teams have been randomly assigned. GMs may trade ONE team fully with another GM by Friday, April 4th, 8 PM EST. These trades MUST be sent in to all commissioners but will not require approval.
  • We will begin in the 2020 offseason.
  • The first thing that will occur is the 2020 NHL Entry Draft. The order will be decided based on current 2019-2020 standings via points percentage. There will be no draft lottery.
  • After this, free agency will occur. All UFAs will become available to offers by every team - there is not a grace period where teams get priority for their own UFAs. All RFAs are automatically qualified. There will be NO offersheets.
  • After a brief UFA period, trading will open and the 2020-2021 season will commence. Trading will continue for roughly 5-7 days. A precise timeline will be decided upon in game.
  • All players you sign in UFA are UNTRADABLE for the remaining duration of the game.
  • All LTIR players (Hossa, Callahan, etc.) and all buy-outs are NOT in game and DO NOT count against your cap. Your cap will consist only of the cap-hits for the 20-23 roster players you have.
  • The salary cap will be 85M. The cap floor with be 65M.
  • There will not be any NTCs in this game. Feel free to go wild.
  • There are NO LIMITS on number of retentions, etc. The only limit is that up to 50% of a player's contract can be retained at most. This can happen at most twice (1 team retains 50%, another retains 25% total or 50% of remaining), so the lowest salary cap a player can have is 25% of their current cap hit.
  • DO NOT SEND IN ANY TRADES. PLEASE.
  • All trades are subject to commissioner approval and can be vetoed if the value is believed to be too far off by a unanimous vote.
  • Voting will occur immediately after the trade deadline. You will rank the teams in each division and send us your rankings. From there, we will determine the final standings and playoff match-ups which will be voted on afterward.
  • Voting will also occur for rebuilders. The worst team will get a bye, and every other team will go through a first-round bracket.
  • There will NOT be a 2021 NHL Entry Draft. This does not mean that 2021 picks are not valuable, as the amount of 2021 picks a team has SHOULD BE CONSIDERED when voting for the best rebuilder.
  • If you have any questions, feel free to PM the commissioners.
  • PLEASE READ THE RULES IN THEIR ENTIRETY.

RFA Agents

West - @m0pe
East - @OB5

Last edited:

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Screen Shot 2020-04-03 at 20.30.32.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-03 at 20.42.17.png

GMs were randomly ordered in the table. Each NHL was assigned a number 1-30 alphabetically. The numbers 1-30 were then randomized and filled into the GM table accordingly.

GMs will have 24 hours to trade ONE team each. You must trade the entire team - you cannot trade part of a team.

For instance, if OB5 wants Chicago and I want Winnipeg, we can swap those teams completely. Each GM can only do this once. These trades MUST be sent into all three commissioners. At 8 PM EST tomorrow, this option ends, and the normal game begins.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Happy with what I've got so I'm unlikely to trade.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
bertty will take Montreal from m0pe. m0pe wants two teams.

m0pe

Feb 24, 2020
Willing to discuss a team trade if someone really wants one, but I'm happy with the Rangers and Bolts.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Rules are posted. They're not set in stone. We're free to discuss them and change them as desired.

Reactions: m0pe

m0pe

Feb 24, 2020
:rangers

Looking to continue rebuild.

- Georgiyev likely goes to the highest offer...Or maybe Lundqvist
- Would like to swap a RD (Trouba, DeAngelo, Fox) for a LD
- Zibanejad, Strome and other forwards vets could go, but the top guys would require lots

:bolts

Looking to win the cup.

- Help with cap space would be much appreciated
- Looking to upgrade some of our middle-6 guys for higher end forwards
- Would like to add a top-4 RHD

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
:coyotes

looking to get some more forwards (preferably a top 6 C)

:devils

Everyone is available except Hughes, Hischier, Smith, and Blackwood. This includes Palmieri, Severson, etc.

:wings

Evertone is available. Larkin would cost a lot but he is technically on the table.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
:flames

Looking to contend. All picks and prospects available. We're interested in acquiring a #1 center.

:hawks

We're content with where we're at, middle of the pack with some good pieces on both ends. A big trade could persuade us one way or another.

:kings

Full scorched earth rebuild. We want EVERYONE gone who's worth even a 7th round pick.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
:caps

Main need is two top four defencemen, 1 righty and 1 lefty. Everyone is on the table to get Ovi another cup including McMichael/2020 1st.

:edmonton

Looking for a middle six centre and left winger. Top four righty and a starter are needs as well. Willing to give up assets to ditch Neal as well. Assets like Broberg, 2020 1st, and Bouchard avalible for players with long term contracts or RFA status.

:sens

The rebuild continues. We want to ensure we have an extremely strong young core which means everyone over 25 is available for picks and prospects.

I keep my rosters up to date including prospects and picks so don’t forget to check on the roster page.

Last edited:

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
:nucks We're looking to contend. We're interested in a top-4 defensemen, and top-9 forward, and a backup goalie. All picks/prospects available, including Podkolzin.

:nashville Full blown rebuild. Johansson, Ellis, Ekholm, Arvidsson, everyone. Will even listen to offers on Forsberg + Josi, although they have to be great offers.

:wild Another full rebuild. Suter, Brodin, Spurgeon, etc. Can take on cap.

Last edited:

BumDum

The German Flash
Mar 16, 2020
Edmonton
:panthersGoing for the cup. Looking to acquire a top-4 defensemen.

:sharksRebuilding. Both Burns and Karlsson on the block.

:canesAlso contending for the cup.

Send offers in!

OB5

May 2, 2015
:jets:blues

Open to anything with either team. Open to trading them too if anyone wants them

bertty

Jun 6, 2017
Happy with teams I have right now.
full

Full rebuild. Everyone is available. Looking for picks and prospects

full

Want to maintain their position of rising team. Futures are available fore core pieces.

full

Pure contender in win now mode. Best team coming into season. Looking to add short term help to maintain their position.

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
:stars Fully looking to contend. All Picks and Prospects are available.
:ducks We are rebuilding, everything over 25 is available.
:isles We are contending, everything not in the NHL is available

All trade talks will be on Discord. Won't be checking HF much over the weekend, but have Discord on Phone.

m0pe

Feb 24, 2020
:rangers around this afternoon.

Have had a couple talks around Georgiyev. 2nd or good prospect would be the base of any deal.

One of Fox, DeAngelo or Trouba could move for a young player at a different position. Fox least likely to move.

Willing to deal any of my top vets, but guys like Zibby will cost a ton.

:bolts

Looking to acquire a top-6 W or 2, and a top-4 RD or 2. All prospects picks available along with some of my middle-6 forwards and MAYBE Sergachev.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
All players on NJ, ARI, and DET are available for the right price. ARI is trying to contend, while NJ and DET are rebuilding. Let me know any interest.

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
:nashville We're having a lot of talks for Ekholm and Ellis, deals impending. Get your offers in ASAP!

:wild Ditto with Spurgeon.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
:edmonton

Jared Spurgeon (50%)

:wild

2020 1st, Evan Bouchard, Caleb Jones

Had to pay a heavy price, but when you can get a top player on a bargain contract in a position of need you take the deal. @Llamamoto49

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad