GM Game #3 by TP, RR, and IR

RR

Mar 8, 2009
Cave Creek, AZ
If you sent me an NTC or NMC request send it again if you have it, please. I'll be caught up in a couple of hours.

On the PHI-PIT trade, PIT does not own a 2nd round pick. San Jose owns it from the Douglas Murray deal.

BigBenSF*

K2B's capologist to the rescue:

:pens

CAPGEEK.COM ARMCHAIR GM ROSTER
CapGeek Armchair GM Roster
FORWARDS
Chris Kunitz ($3.725m) / Sidney Crosby ($8.700m) / Jakub Voracek ($2.975m—30.00%)
James Neal ($5.000m) / Evgeni Malkin ($8.700m) / Wayne Simmonds ($2.783m—30.00%)
Beau Bennett ($0.900m) / Brandon Sutter ($2.067m) / Pascal Dupuis ($3.750m)
Chuck Kobasew ($0.550m) / Joe Vitale ($0.550m) / Jayson Megna ($0.925m)
Vernon Fiddler ($1.800m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Paul Martin ($5.000m) / Brooks Orpik ($3.750m)
Rob Scuderi ($3.375m) / Kris Letang ($3.500m)
Deryk Engelland ($0.567m) / Robert Bortuzzo ($0.600m)
GOALTENDERS
Marc-Andre Fleury ($5.000m)
Jeff Zatkoff ($0.538m)
BURIED
Craig Adams ($0.600m)
Tanner Glass ($0.175m)
LTIR
Tomas Vokoun ($2.000m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(estimations for 2013-14 crunched using simulation date of 2013-11-16)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; BONUSES:- $68,333
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $393,333

Vokoun won't be healthy at the trade deadline.

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
If you sent me an NTC or NMC request send it again if you have it, please. I'll be caught up in a couple of hours.

On the PHI-PIT trade, PIT does not own a 2nd round pick. San Jose owns it from the Douglas Murray deal.

Well, it doesn't really matter as we are in a trade freeze, no?

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
K2B's capologist to the rescue:

Maybe you should read our game rules regarding sending non-ELC players to the AHL.

Anywho, I get a calculation of $-2,728,333 with Bennett being sent down.

FORWARDS
Chris Kunitz ($3.725m) / Evgeni Malkin ($8.700m) / James Neal ($5.000m)
Jakub Voracek ($2.975m—30.00%) / Sidney Crosby ($8.700m) / Wayne Simmonds ($2.783m—30.00%)
Tanner Glass ($1.100m) / Brandon Sutter ($2.067m) / Pascal Dupuis ($3.750m)
Joe Vitale ($0.550m) / Vernon Fiddler ($1.800m) / Chuck Kobasew ($0.550m)
Craig Adams ($0.700m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Paul Martin ($5.000m) / Kris Letang ($3.500m)
Brooks Orpik ($3.750m) / Matt Niskanen ($2.300m)
Rob Scuderi ($3.375m) / Robert Bortuzzo ($0.600m)
Deryk Engelland ($0.567m) /
GOALTENDERS
Jeff Zatkoff ($0.538m)
LTIR
Tomas Vokoun ($2.000m)
------
(estimations for 2013-14 crunched using simulation date of 2014-03-05)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; BONUSES: $0
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): -$2,728,333

BigBenSF*

Maybe you should read our game rules regarding sending non-ELC players to the AHL.

Anywho, I get a calculation of $-2,728,333 with Bennett being sent down.

FORWARDS
Chris Kunitz ($3.725m) / Evgeni Malkin ($8.700m) / James Neal ($5.000m)
Jakub Voracek ($2.975m—30.00%) / Sidney Crosby ($8.700m) / Wayne Simmonds ($2.783m—30.00%)
Tanner Glass ($1.100m) / Brandon Sutter ($2.067m) / Pascal Dupuis ($3.750m)
Joe Vitale ($0.550m) / Vernon Fiddler ($1.800m) / Chuck Kobasew ($0.550m)
Craig Adams ($0.700m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Paul Martin ($5.000m) / Kris Letang ($3.500m)
Brooks Orpik ($3.750m) / Matt Niskanen ($2.300m)
Rob Scuderi ($3.375m) / Robert Bortuzzo ($0.600m)
Deryk Engelland ($0.567m) /
GOALTENDERS
Jeff Zatkoff ($0.538m)
LTIR
Tomas Vokoun ($2.000m)
------
(estimations for 2013-14 crunched using simulation date of 2014-03-05)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; BONUSES: $0
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): -$2,728,333

So how exactly would waivers work? Could K2B only have put one player with a one-way contract on waivers? K2B waived Niskanen, who had received some interest (and would probably have been claimed). As for Glass and Adams, if they cleared waivers (which wouldn't be surprising), wouldn't $900K be swallowed up and the rest of their salary work against the cap?

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
So how exactly would waivers work? Could K2B only have put one player with a one-way contract on waivers? K2B waived Niskanen, who had received some interest (and would probably have been claimed). As for Glass and Adams, if they cleared waivers (which wouldn't be surprising), wouldn't $900K be swallowed up and the rest of their salary work against the cap?

Why don't you try reading the rules if you care so much about this game? They're in the OP.

Yes, he can put multiple players on waivers, but his trade is vetoed because he didn't have the cap space before the trade was finalized.

member 202355

Why don't you try reading the rules if you care so much about this game? They're in the OP.

Yes, he can put multiple players on waivers, but his trade is vetoed because he didn't have the cap space before the trade was finalized.

So... you can put multiple players on waivers? I thought it was one non-ELC player only?

BigBenSF*

[fieldset=""]Waivers/Buyouts
  • Post in this thread if you’d like to place a player on waivers.
    [*]Each team has the option of sending ONE player on a 1-way contract to the minors or Europe due to cap reasons.
    [*]Burying a player in the minors or Europe only eliminates a maximum of $900k of their cap hit.
  • A player will be on waivers for 24 hours.
  • Waiver priority will be based on the current NHL standings.
  • If a team claims a player off of waivers, they then have the lowest waiver priority.
  • Compliance buyouts are permitted during the Free Agency period, dependent on how many buyouts the actual NHL team has used.
[/fieldset]

Typically, if you want to send a player on a one-way contract to the minors, you place them on waivers. The way that the OP was worded made me think that you could only do this with one player.

But yeah, being a dick about it makes you super cool, bro.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver

Okay so the Philly deal is vetoed? I apologize QMJHLfollower it's on me, let me try and clear some cap space, and when I do I'll add a prospects to the deal to get it redone. If this is the case could I possible take Matt Niskanen off waivers?

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
[fieldset=""]Waivers/Buyouts
  • Post in this thread if you’d like to place a player on waivers.
    [*]Each team has the option of sending ONE player on a 1-way contract to the minors or Europe due to cap reasons.
    [*]Burying a player in the minors or Europe only eliminates a maximum of $900k of their cap hit.
  • A player will be on waivers for 24 hours.
  • Waiver priority will be based on the current NHL standings.
  • If a team claims a player off of waivers, they then have the lowest waiver priority.
  • Compliance buyouts are permitted during the Free Agency period, dependent on how many buyouts the actual NHL team has used.
[/fieldset]

Typically, if you want to send a player on a one-way contract to the minors, you place them on waivers. The way that the OP was worded made me think that you could only do this with one player.

But yeah, being a dick about it makes you super cool, bro.

Yes, he can put them on waivers (like I said), but he made the trade before he freed up the cap space. That isn't allowed.

So... you can put multiple players on waivers? I thought it was one non-ELC player only?

You can put anyone without a NMC on waivers, but you can only place one one-way contract in the AHL if they clear waivers.

You have to free up the cap space/roster spots before making trades.

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
Okay so the Philly deal is vetoed? I apologize QMJHLfollower it's on me, let me try and clear some cap space, and when I do I'll add a prospects to the deal to get it redone. If this is the case could I possible take Matt Niskanen off waivers?

"Vetoed deals will require a significant re-work in order for them to be accepted."

Just so you know. Usually, it means changing a major piece to the trade. Adding a prospect won't do it.

Last edited:

member 202355

You can put anyone without a NMC on waivers, but you can only place one one-way contract in the AHL if they clear waivers.

You have to free up the cap space/roster spots before making trades.

Understood.

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
:jets UPDATE

ON THE TRADE BLOCK :
Dustin Byfuglien Modified NTC (can submit five-team no-trade list each year)
Tobias Enstrom NMC
Olli Jokinen Modified NTC (could retain salary)
Devin Setoguchi (could retain salary)
Grant Clitsome
Mark Stuart
Other lesser players

COULD BE AVAILABLE :
Andrew Ladd Modified NTC
Blake Wheeler Modified NTC
Bryan Little Limited NTC
Michael Frolik

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
"Vetoed deals will require a significant re-work in order for them to be accepted."

Just so you know. Usually, it means changing a major piece to the trade. Adding a prospect won't do it.

Okay. Can I take Niskanen off waivers? I never would have waived him if I knew the deal wouldn't go through.

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
Okay. Can I take Niskanen off waivers? I never would have waived him if I knew the deal wouldn't go through.

I guess once the trade freeze will be over, you'll have your answer. Commishs are likely having a discussion together at the time we speak.

member 202355

Question, can we go into the playoffs with a 20-man roster? Or does it have to be 23?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad