GM Game #3 by CR, TP, and IR4

coz21

Ask Me About Barron
Feb 10, 2010
Upstate
Staal get's no love on these boards.

EDIT: Though I think Rask put that deal over the top.

TribalPhoenix

Former TribalPhoenix
Dec 2, 2005
Toronto
:coyotes

New Dogs in the Pack; Coyotes acquire Phaneuf, prospects from Leafs

225px-Dion_Phaneuf_2012-03-07.JPG

The Phoenix Coyotes have made it clear to the NHL that they are pushing for a playoff berth... both in statement, and now tonight in deed.

The Coyotes made a splash this evening, acquiring all-star defenceman and former Maple Leafs captain Dion Phaneuf from Toronto, along with forward prospects Jerry d'Amigo and Kenny Ryan, as well as defensive prospects Petter Granberg and Simon Gysbers, in exchange for prospects Mikkel Boedkker and David Rundblad.

"You don't get to see many big splashes in the desert. We think we made one today." Coyotes GM TribalPhoenix stated this evening in a press release.

"While we've given up a pair of good prospects in Mikkel and David, we feel this was an amazing deal for us. Dion will move onto our top pairing immediately and bring some amazing leadership and talent to our defence corps. This is a huge addition going into the playoffs - we believe Dave Tippett will be able to take Dion's game to the next level."

"In addition, Jerry D'Amigo is a player who is a clutch performer as he showed in the Calder Cup playoffs last season who can bring a dynamic game. Kenny Ryan is highly underrated, and is a defensive prospect in the forward ranks who is willing to make the tough play and block the shot while also adding the odd goal. Simon Gysbers brings great depth in the event of injury, and will be a huge asset to our prospects playing in San Antonio. Petter Granberg is a hulking defenceman who is raw, but will turn into a solid 2nd pairing guy in the NHL. We're very confident of this. We're grateful to Mikkel and to David, but this is a huge day for our franchise."

hlaverty06

Feb 11, 2012
NJ all day
:nashville

TRADE BLOCK
Paul Gaustad
Brian McGrattan
David Legwand
Mike Fisher
Martin Erat
Pekka Rinne
Hal Gill
Scott Hannan

Italicized and underlined guys have NMC/NTC and can move but depends if they will waive.

I'm looking for good picks, prospects, and good young roster players! PM me!

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Staal get's no love on these boards.

EDIT: Though I think Rask put that deal over the top.

Yeah I realize I paid a hefty price to create the first sibling trio since the Stastnys, and only the fourth in NHL history.

But I do think Jordan will more than make up for what Jeff Skinner brought to the team, and Marc will bolster their blueline. I'm also confident in Hagelin, he showed what he's capable of in the playoffs....just need to tone down those cheap shots, that's all. :laugh:

I think MZA will be the wild card here. If he never returns to the NHL irl, then sure it was a wasted effort.

But I think he can contribute long-term to my make-believe Hurricanes. :D

Oh, and here's a list of recent notable 4th rounders:

Marcus Foligno
Braden Holtby
Alec Martinez
James Reimer
Keith Yandle
Ryan Callahan

Just to name a few. Who KNOWS what goldmine lies in that mystery pick! :D

TribalPhoenix

Former TribalPhoenix
Dec 2, 2005
Toronto
Did you use lube?

Vulgarity!

In fairness, Boedkker is a former top 10 pick, and Rundblad is a very solid defensive prospect.

We don't control Phaneuf for long, and the guys we got outside aren't likely to be impact players. We love the deal, but we gave up some future pieces on a team that (we acknowledge) has a hard time drawing free agents.

coz21

Ask Me About Barron
Feb 10, 2010
Upstate
:leafs
Hey now

We confirm that Nuckles is mean, and the trade. Phaneuf doesn't fit in our future plans because he's an overpayed turd scrub.

(Not bitter at all about the Sauer hit)

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Yeah I realize I paid a hefty price to create the first sibling trio since the Stastnys, and only the fourth in NHL history.

But I do think Jordan will more than make up for what Jeff Skinner brought to the team, and Marc will bolster their blueline. I'm also confident in Hagelin, he showed what he's capable of in the playoffs....just need to tone down those cheap shots, that's all. :laugh:

I think MZA will be the wild card here. If he never returns to the NHL irl, then sure it was a wasted effort.

But I think he can contribute long-term to my make-believe Hurricanes. :D

Oh, and here's a list of recent notable 4th rounders:

Marcus Foligno
Braden Holtby
Alec Martinez
James Reimer
Keith Yandle
Ryan Callahan

Just to name a few. Who KNOWS what goldmine lies in that mystery pick! :D

I don't think the trade was off by a lot if at all. Staal gets no love because of how steady he is defensively and he is on a great contract.

On a side note the Rangers are very excited to add a dynamic offensive dynamo like Skinner at such a young age. We feel Torts will toughen him up and expect big things playing with the likes of Richards, Gaborik and Nash. We expect him to get to at least a ppg this season.

We are also VERY excited to add Justin Faulk who we see as the perfect partner for Ryan McDonagh for the long term. His addition also allows for Girardi to play with MDZ like they have in the past. They compliment each other VERY well.

Skinner-Richards-Nash
Kreider-Stepan-Gaborik
Pyatt-Boyle-Callahan
Rupp-Halpern-Asham

McDonagh-Faulk
MDZ-Girardi
Stralman-Sauer

Hank

OTB:
Gaborik
Prospects and picks

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Ok. We're going to try to squeeze this game in. Trade Deadline is going to be at 8:00 PM EST on Friday, Voting will be Saturday, and Draft will be Sunday. Might announce the agents on Monday (Christmas Eve) but not have anyone sign until sometime next Wednesday. Hope this works for everyone.

Why not push the draft until Wednesday too?
Last game after the draft, a lot of the bottom/bubble teams lost interest when it came time for free agency. If we hold the draft on Sunday, then I don't see them coming back after Christmas to sign free agents.

IslesRock4

Ever Forward
Jul 21, 2007
Long Island
Why not push the draft until Wednesday too?
Last game after the draft, a lot of the bottom/bubble teams lost interest when it came time for free agency. If we hold the draft on Sunday, then I don't see them coming back after Christmas to sign free agents.

Because we can't. TP is gone after Christmas. Draft is on Sunday. If people aren't active during FA, that's their problem.

TribalPhoenix

Former TribalPhoenix
Dec 2, 2005
Toronto
Because we can't. TP is gone after Christmas. Draft is on Sunday. If people aren't active during FA, that's their problem.

This. On Wednesday at 3pm EDT, I'm in Pearson International Airport in Toronto waiting to board a flight to Krakow, Poland.

Not happening for the draft.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Canucks Acquire Superstar Defenseman

To :panthers:
Roberto Luongo
Andrew Alberts

To :nucks:
Nick Bjugstad
Scott Clemmensen
Keaton Ellerby
Florida's 2nd round pick 2013

habsman56

Habs&Hoops
Nov 15, 2008
:habs

Received a few offers about Plekanec, keep em coming.

Looking for a top 6 winger or top 4 D to be in the deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad