Still available:

- RJ Umberger
- Brandon Dubinsky
- Derrick Brassard
- Fedor Tyutin
- James Wizniewski
- Nikita Nikitin
- Artem Anisimov

Picks, prospects, young roster players are the currency we're looking for.

Do not send me PM's asking me "What would I need?" for a certain guy. What I *need* is for guys to make offers, not clutter my inbox with nonsense. I've already told you what types of assets we want.

Last edited:

The Instigator

Tom Wilson - NHL All Star
Feb 6, 2010
:cbj

Still available:

- RJ Umberger
- Brandon Dubinsky
- Derrick Brassard
- Fedor Tyutin
- James Wizniewski
- Nikita Nikitin
- Artem Anisimov

Picks, prospects, young roster players are the currency we're looking for.

Do not send me PM's asking me "What would I need?" for a certain guy. What I *need* is for guys to make offers, not clutter my inbox with nonsense. I've already told you what types of assets we want.
This is the stupidest thing ever. How the hell are people supposed to know your direction, interests, positions of need? Then you finally get offers and some of them won't be to your liking so you'll say not interested and no progress is made.
****in IR is like the biggest ******* on here and you can ask him what he needs or what he's looking for.

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
This is the stupidest thing ever. How the hell are people supposed to know your direction, interests, positions of need? Then you finally get offers and some of them won't be to your liking so you'll say not interested and no progress is made.
****in IR is like the biggest ******* on here and you can ask him what he needs or what he's looking for.

Maybe you can just read his post to know his needs, since they're quite clear. ;)

"Picks, prospects, young roster players are the currency we're looking for."

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
:devils

The Devils have made a significant move to shore up their future and continue moving towards having long-term success. More to come later.....

Volchenkov
Salvador
Greene
Clarkson
Elias
Zidlicky

All still available.

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
Right on, I'll send him Patrick Wey and a 4th.

If I ask for a 3rd, the best I'll get is a 3rd. If I ask for a pick, maybe I will get something more than my expectations.

You can disagree with that but it makes sense IMO, at least, it is not stupid at all.

The Instigator

Feb 6, 2010
If I ask for a 3rd, the best I'll get is a 3rd. If I ask for a pick, maybe I will get something more than my expectations.

You can disagree with that but it makes sense IMO, at least, it is not stupid at all.
I see what you mean, but you have just as much chance to get low balled. It's just silly. Plus with a team like Columbus, you don't know if he wants forwards, defense, goalies, role players, puck movers, scorers etc. You can say all of the above, but what it all comes down to is negotiating, which requires adequate work from both parties.

TribalPhoenix

Former TribalPhoenix
Dec 2, 2005
Toronto
I see what you mean, but you have just as much chance to get low balled. It's just silly. Plus with a team like Columbus, you don't know if he wants forwards, defense, goalies, role players, puck movers, scorers etc. You can say all of the above, but what it all comes down to is negotiating, which requires adequate work from both parties.

I'll refer to both my roster post, as well as other posts I've made stating we're looking for everything. Also, you're correct, it requires adequate work from both parties. Asking me what I'm looking for isn't work. It's lazy. You want my asset, you come to me with an offer. Simple as that.

Given that totally diffuses your argument that I haven't been transparent, I'll not comment further since I'm just not all that concerned about your opinion on it.

The Instigator

Feb 6, 2010
I'm not trying to pick a fight, I'm just saying if you were like oh, I like guys like x, x, and x and minimal interest in these guys, it would save some time finding eachothers needs out. I'm not targetting you specifically TP, it just happens a lot. I guess I just got rattled because you changed your post specifically after I asked. I apologize. :laugh:

The Produce Man

Master of Puppets
Feb 24, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
tim-thomas-2011-nhl-stanley-cup-finals-conn-smythe-winner-portrait-plus.jpg

Tim Thomas OTB. :handclap:

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
:devils

Ilya Kovalchuk is available. I am surprised on how few teams have expressed interest in this perennial ppg winger who has proven he can play in a defensive-minded system and flourish with no real injury history....

TribalPhoenix

Former TribalPhoenix
Dec 2, 2005
Toronto
I'm not trying to pick a fight, I'm just saying if you were like oh, I like guys like x, x, and x and minimal interest in these guys, it would save some time finding eachothers needs out. I'm not targetting you specifically TP, it just happens a lot. I guess I just got rattled because you changed your post specifically after I asked. I apologize. :laugh:

No need to apologize.

The reason guys do it is because they get floods of people who fill up inboxes asking price tags, and it gets tiresome. I think there is an implied value point in all negotiations - you wouldn't offer a 7th round pick for Crosby, nor would you offer a 1st overall pick for Paul Bissonette. I just hate clogging up inboxes when an offer should include at minimum an inquiry of what type of asset is most sought after... that one I'd reply to, and say "we value him at X, Y, and Z."

Just cuts the guys who are serious about negotiating from chronic tire kickers :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad