GM Game 1 Discussion thread

How to deal with cap situation?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
I don't understand the game. I take the full roster and then try to outbid for UFA's and make trades? Or if I get #1 I get to pay Taylor Hall?
You are the GM as it is today. You decide if you want to compete or rebuild. You will make trades with other GMs as well as try to sign UFAs to meet that goal. Any UFA you sign cant be traded after. After some time, votes will happen to determine who rebuilt their team best and who built the best contender.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
:bolts

Looking to stay competitive and cap compliant.

:caps

Going to rebuild on the fly. Want to remain a playoff team but can sell off some of our older vets.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
:bolts

Looking to stay competitive and cap compliant.

:caps

Going to rebuild on the fly. Want to remain a playoff team but can sell off some of our older vets.

:ducks

Want Cerelli and have a 2nd with your name on it

virothepyro

#lydia2012
Jan 11, 2009
Kings will be continuing to retool their roster. well the blues will be looking to add pieces to help compete well removing some toxic contracts

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018
Looks like things can start if a few more teams get GMs--I can do Vegas as 2nd team if needed.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
:flyers Looking to contend but also retool in the process. Want a dynamic winger, move Voracek, Patrick also OTB.

:wild Wants a C, all D OTB

m0pe

Feb 24, 2020
:sabres

Looking to acquire a 3C, 2LD and 1A/1B goalie.

OTB: Ristolainen, Montour, Miller, Hutton, prospects and picks

:jets

Looking to acquire a top-4 D.

OTB: Connor, Laine, picks and prospects

OB5

May 2, 2015
:habsLooking to buy a top pair LD. Cap situation is tricky. Edmundson, Byron and possibly Tatar actively OTB and could include sweeteners I have 14 draft picks. Kotkaniemi, Suzuki, Gallagher, Caufield, Ramanov not going anywhere.

:hawksOpen season per IRL. Let's have some fun.

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
:stars

Looking to get younger while staying a contender. Klingberg and Heiskanen are the only untouchables, I'm willing to talk regarding anyone else.

:pens

Pretty much the same situation, looking primarily to improve the defense and goaltending. Crosby and Malkin untouchable, everyone else can be had. (Although Letang and Guentzel will need very valuable pieces coming back)

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
:nashville is selling everything not nailed down. Start you offers on Josi, Ellis, etc.

:nucks are looking to contend, all picks and prospects are available. We will need to move cap in some deals.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
:ducks

The rebuilding continues. Getzlaf, Rakell, Lindholm, and Manson are moving 50% retention is not a problem on these shorter contracts. No untouchables, but will take a lot to get Zegras/Drysdale.

:rangers

Looking to contend while staying youthful. Centre and left hand defence are my top priority.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
And with @stempniaksen taking the last 2 teams we are full! Trading is open and it looks like giving every team one free buyout won. I will be creating a thread to keep track of these buyouts, trades, etc here pretty soon. You will post your buyout in there if you would like to use it.

I’m going to change things up with how you announce trades too. Post trades in the same thread as the buyout one and the other person can like it to confirm. It’ll be easier for me instead of having to flip through a ton of pages.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
:sharks

looking to add a top 6 winger and a top 4 LD

:panthers

looking to rebuild. Everyone is on the block including Barkov, Hubby, and Ekblad

Reactions: OB5

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
:coyotes

Shopping: Phil Kessel, Derek Stepan, Alex Goligoski, Nick Hjalmarsson, Jordan Oesterle
Available: Darcy Kuemper, Antti Rantta, Christian Dvorak, Nick Schmaltz, Christian Fischer
Untouchable: Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Barrett Hayton, Victor Soderstrom

:isles

Shopping: Andrew Ladd, Leo Komarov, Cal Clutterbuck, Thomas Hickey
Available: Nick Leddy, Scott Mayfield, Casey Cizikas, Michael Dal Colle
Borderline untouchable: Anthony Beavillier, Anders Lee, JG Pageau, Josh Bailey
Completely untouchable: Matt Barzal, Ryan Pulock, Adam Pelech, Noah Dobson

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
:devils

Kyle Palmieri, Nikita Gusev, Travis Zajac are all available.

Can take on cap and looking into possibly acquiring some overpriced players that can still contribute at forward and defense.

:wings

Looking to acquire some players that can contribute now, cap space not an issue.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad