GM Game 1 Buyout/Trade thread

tinyzombies

Dec 24, 2002
Montreal, QC, Canada
just awful for calgary

I gave up more, but Gaudreau can't carry his own jock come playoff time let alone Benn's. And Benn is a two-way player and leader of men. Johnny is not, let's say. Benn also a playmaker. He had a shoulder injury this playoffs, will be healthy next season.

Calgary is getting older and needs to win now or bust it up. I went for it. When it goes south I would tank and rebuild.

Reactions: Panda Bear

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
I need to shed 5.5M in cap and this was an easy way to clear over half of that without really changing the team all that much. Gibson is another top 5 goalie and with a team like Tampa in front of him, we won’t notice Vasi is gone.
He used to be, sure.

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018
hurricanes.png

Trade
Ryan Dzingel (50% retained)

to
canucks2018.png

for

Kole Lind
@Retinalz

Last edited:

OB5

May 2, 2015
To :kings
Jordan Weal
MTL 2021 4th

To :habs
LAK 2021 5th

Happy to free up 1.4M in cap space and signing Brassard gives us an upgrade in the bottom six at half the price.

@virothepyro

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
:avs

Colorado trades D Bowen Byram, C Alex Newhook, W Alex Beaucage, C/W Tyson Jost, a 2021 1st (Colorado), and a 2022 2nd (San Jose)

:nashville

Nashville trades LD Roman Josi (50% retained)

@Retinalz to confirm
Confirmed. Acquiring Newhook and Byram gives us a solid future, losing Josi is hard, but Byram will soon replace him and Newhook join Frost as our potential top 2 centres in the future. Along with Laine and other young players we've acquired, the Predators look to be a competitive team for years to come.

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
This trade had the wrong logo lol
I actually just noticed that they are also Colorado prospects. I should have looked in to it better, but I thought Daniel Zhuravlyov was the kid the Canucks drafted this year from Russia when he brought it to me. Looks like this trade doesn't go through.

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Honestly, not something anyone ever worries about in these games.

It’s actually brought up pretty much every game, it’s usually for the shorter Kane/Toews deals though. I get why you did it, I just find it the easily most unrealistic aspect of these games.

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
It’s actually brought up pretty much every game, it’s usually for the shorter Kane/Toews deals though. I get why you did it, I just find it the easily most unrealistic aspect of these games.
Maybe in the next game we can add a rule for retaining deals of certain lengths? If there was one, I would have taken another, slightly lesser, offer that had cap dumps instead of retention.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad