Pre-Game Talk: GM#9:Feb 4th, 2013|Carolina @ Toronto|For the love of god Kessel score!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brewsky

King Of The Ice Mugs
Jan 26, 2011
King County
www.brewsky.com
HANTA YO BABY

Kessel better pot one, if he doesn't, he.....hmm....what if he racks up 4 assists...hahaha, talk about reinventing yourself as a player.

Kessel: Meh everyone expects me to score, but they shall expect the unexpected, I'm turning myself into Henrik Sedin and getting that 1:3 goal to assist ratio.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
HANTA YO BABY

Kessel better pot one, if he doesn't, he.....hmm....what if he racks up 4 assists...hahaha, talk about reinventing yourself as a player.

Kessel: Meh everyone expects me to score, but they shall expect the unexpected, I'm turning myself into Henrik Sedin and getting that 1:3 goal to assist ratio.

He's been classy and stated as long as the team's winning, it's all good. He'll get it soon.

Brymas McCaberle

Dec 12, 2009
Hoping that Reimer gets another start, after putting up that solid performance against the Bs.

In fact start him tomorrow too. Really can't trust Scrivs. :(

Last edited:

Penalty Kill Icing*

If Brody comes up, let him know that he's up for GDT. (I reminded him on 31st, but that seems like a week ago now).

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
This year, meanwhile, Phaneuf has looked out of sorts, especially on the power play, and one theory is it may be because he is getting too many tough minutes with a partner (Mike Kostka) who he has to look out for a lot more than Gunnarsson.

(Phaneuf is fourth in the NHL in minutes played per game, ahead of people like Shea Weber and Ryan Suter. Kostka is, incredibly, 13th, likely in part because Carlyle hasn't had Gunnarsson at full speed.)

This sort of makes sense.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/spor...id=rss1&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Also Macarthur can play, seems to have healed from his injury.

Also:

Leafs lineup (projected)

JVR - Bozak - Kessel

McClement - Grabovski - Kulemin

MacArthur - Kadri - Frattin

McLaren - Steckel - Komarov

Phaneuf - Kostka

Liles - Komisarek

Holzer - Franson

Reimer

Hurricanes lineup

Tlusty - E. Staal - Semin

Skinner - J. Staal - Dwyer

Larose - Jokinen - Bowman

Wallace - Brent - Westgarth

McBain - Pitkanen

Gleason - Faulk

Sanguinetti - Harrison

Ward

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Tlusty is on Carolina's first line? Surprising given his career numbers. Then again, he's better than Philippe Paradis.

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
This sort of makes sense.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/spor...id=rss1&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Also Macarthur can play, seems to have healed from his injury.

Also:

Leafs lineup (projected)
JVR - Bozak - Kessel
McClement - Grabovski - Kulemin
MacArthur - Kadri - Frattin
McLaren - Steckel - Komarov

Phaneuf - Kostka
Liles - Komisarek
Holzer - Franson

Reimer

I'm indifferent in terms of Mac playing or not, happy to see McClemet promoted to 2nd line duties... but not a fan of Komarov in the 4th line. He deserves better minutes.

Sergei Berezin

You're Wrong
Jan 5, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Unless Jay Mcclement starts producing second line #s, he can't stay there. Yeah, it's nice to have someone to look up to for the young guys; a guy who works the hardest and is rewarded with increased minutes. However, it's not the time for lessons, we desperately need that Grabo line to produce more than it has, and I don't think Mcclement helps any offensive production whatsoever. He cycles well, and plays great defensively, but I just don't like him at the 2nd line LW unless he starts producing more than he has.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad